Xbox One Controller not pairing

Discus and support Xbox One Controller not pairing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Thought this might be good to share: Bought an Xbox Day One release and had no issues until the controller stopped pairing yesterday. Seemed to happen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IPv6ND, Jan 5, 2014.

1. IPv6ND
    IPv6ND Guest

Thought this might be good to share:

Bought an Xbox Day One release and had no issues until the controller stopped pairing yesterday. Seemed to happen when connecting the headset at one point. Spent the whole of last night trying every official support help article but couldn't get the thing
    to work.

Finally went to register a repair this morning and had to unplug everything to get to the bottom of the console. Lo and behold a full cold restart seems to have done the trick!

So my suggestion is: if you can't get a controller to pair, unplug everything, wait a few mins and plug it all back again. Just turning the console off and on did not work for me.

Hope that helps someone Xbox One Controller not pairing :)

:)

IPv6ND, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Win 10 ask me for a pairing code for Xbox one s controller

Hi guys,

Win 10 ask me for a pairing code for Xbox one s controller. What is the pairing code?????

AlexLightSpeed, Jan 5, 2014
  3. VOX9R
    VOX9R Guest
    Infrared lights won't come on for controller

Pull out the batteries in the controller that works, and try pairing the new one before pairing the original. If that doesn't work, it's likely you have a faulty controller.

VOX9R, Jan 5, 2014
  4. IPv6ND
    IPv6ND Guest

In other words a cold hard reboot...

IPv6ND, Jan 5, 2014
  5. s33r Win User

Xbox 360 controller

The original Xbox 360 controllers do not support traditional Bluetooth and as such won't pair. To pair a Xbox 360 controller you will need to purchase an adapter that you plug into your PC. The official one, I believe, can still be ordered on Amazon.

If you want to just straight up pair a controller to a PC without the need for an adapter, recent Xbox One controllers use normal Bluetooth and would pair without issue - https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-one-controller-on-pc/ will
    tell you how to spot which ones will support this as the original Xbox One controllers don't.
  6. FearWrath0 Win User

Xbox one controller wont do anything!!!

just asking but have you tried both pairing buttons. One on the controller and one on the Xbox. Make sure you hold down the button on the controller. It should start flashing when ready to pair with the Xbox.
  7. ericjwilborn Win User

Controller freezes?

So this happens on any controller paired to the Xbox, or just the one controller?
  8. COD 2 HALO Win User

Head Set Qs

To the left of the ear piece is a pairing button just like the controllers. You click the xbox pairing button than the pairing button on the ear piece. It is all in one.
  9. Breaker1477 Win User
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller not pairing - Similar Threads - Controller pairing

2. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  3. Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb: My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the guide button to turn it on and it pairs to my...
  4. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  5. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  6. my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it

in XBoX Accessibility
    my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it: i have this problem since 8 month i tried almost everything changing windows 10 to 11 and get back to windows 10 when i connect my Xbox controller to laptop and my phone and it work perfectly...
  7. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  8. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  9. The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series: The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series. I press and hold the sync button on the Xbox controller and it starts flashing, but when I press the sync button on the X Series, the light...
  10. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting every time another controller is paired to the Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting every time another controller is paired to the Xbox: My controller works fine when it’s the only one connected to the Xbox. But the moment I turn on the other controller to play with multiple people, the controller starts disconnecting every few...