Xbox One Controller Not Connecting 7/30/22 firmware update

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Not Connecting 7/30/22 firmware update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; None of my 3 Xbox One controllers will connect after the 7/30/22 update. I've replaced the batteries, and attempted to use the USB cord. The center... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NinjaishPirate, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting 7/30/22 firmware update

None of my 3 Xbox One controllers will connect after the 7/30/22 update. I've replaced the batteries, and attempted to use the USB cord. The center button will glow, blink once, and then go dark when attempting wireless connection. There is no response whatsoever with the wired option. I even picked up a turtle beach wired controller from target this afternoon as my 8y/o is really antsy about wanting to play.

:)

NinjaishPirate, Jul 31, 2022
  2. Ryan Tiernan Win User

I was playing call of duty black ops 2 on my Xbox x and my controller acted like I pushed my analog stick to the right without me actually doing it and then my controller disconnected and now none of my controllers will connect to my Xbox x
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, NinjaishPirate. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please try to rollback your controller firmware?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Waiting for your follow-up.
  4. NinjaishPirate Win User

Thank You! The unplugging everything and waiting 2 minutes did the trick! I'd tried it before but only did a 20 Mississippi count before reconnecting everything.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Sorry, I thought you had a Windows computer that you could try to rollback the firmware. In this case, you could try to power reset the console:

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.

2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.

3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.

​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest a factory reset:

Press the Xbox button > Settings > System > Console info > Reset this xbox > Reset and keep my games and apps. The "Reset and keep my games and apps" option will not make you lose your games, but you will need to sign in to your account again.

See if the issue persists and please let me know.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

You are welcome! I'm really glad it is working now. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting 7/30/22 firmware update - Similar Threads - Controller Connecting firmware

2. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  3. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  4. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  5. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  6. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  7. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  8. xbox controller wouldn't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller wouldn't connect: hello i am using windows 10 and im trying to connect my xbox controller to pc, i got it to pair using "devices & printers" in the control panel, and it connects the first time, but when the...
  9. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  10. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...