Xbox One Controller Menu button stopped working

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Menu button stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The menu button (the one with 3 dashes) of 2 of my xbox copntrollers stopped working. Bith controllers are up to date and fully working except for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vespassassina, May 22, 2021.

1. Xbox One Controller Menu button stopped working

The menu button (the one with 3 dashes) of 2 of my xbox copntrollers stopped working.
    Bith controllers are up to date and fully working except for the menu button.

I connected to a newer Xbox SX and to my pc via usb dongle and same result, the menu button is unresponsive on both controllers.

I opened one of the controllers, everything is perfect, i cleaned the contacts and reassembled everything but same result, the menu button doesn't work.

Is that a firmware issue ?

:)

Vespassassina, May 22, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

Hello there! I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. i highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the links bellow to resolve your issue :

Troubleshoot issues with an Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

you can also check this link to perform an update : Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If that didn't resolve your issue you will have to repair it. Access The link to request a repair for your controller : Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

If you are unable to create the order on that link please contact our live support:

Contact us | Xbox Support
  3. Smwutches Win User

Well stop a game?

Press the Xbox button on your controller to go Home. To completely stop the game, highlight it, press the menu button on your controller, and press Quit.
  4. ZHhb Win User

Xbox one controller menu buttons not working

I should also mention that the other controller I took apart works fine.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi ZHhb

You should have tried to do a warranty claim first. Unfortunately, since you opened it, you've voided the warranty

For the button not working, perhaps you damaged a ribbon(if it connects with a ribbon) or perhaps it came loose?
  6. Mr Skywalker426 Win User

Hi, if you hold on the Home button for while time the Xbox show for you the Screen with Shutdown/Restart and report options for you. If the answer will be yes, try make a factore reset keep your games, and see if Works
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Menu button stopped working - Similar Threads - Controller Menu button

2. Controller suddenly hyper sensitive in menu and in game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly hyper sensitive in menu and in game.: All of a sudden my controller is hyper sensitive in both the xbox home and in game. All directional buttons and sticks. Ive power cycled everything, checked for updates and scoured forums. I can...
  3. For Some Reason My Im In The Menu Ready To Restart,Turn Off Or Turn off my Controller The...

in XBoX on Windows
    For Some Reason My Im In The Menu Ready To Restart,Turn Off Or Turn off my Controller The...: It is in a very glitchy font with weird fonts and letters [img] d6522446-4f35-42fe-8464-dc6cc5e23b32
  4. Controller right stick in menu

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller right stick in menu: Hey, my right stick stopped working, everything is ok in games, but in the menu it doesn’t work at all. In the accessories it shows that it works, and when changing the sticks from left to right -...
  5. Faulty elite controller menu button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty elite controller menu button: I went to go use my elite controller then it started freaking out. I can't use the menu button. So I went see the problem then it said that l'm clicking it even tho l'm not. I even took it apart...
  6. My Xbox Series X controller cursor drifts upwards uncontrollably in menu screen. Any thoughts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X controller cursor drifts upwards uncontrollably in menu screen. Any thoughts?: My Xbox Series X controller cursor drifts upwards uncontrollably in menu screen on SOME games, but not all games. And the drift doesn't occur during actual gameplay. Any thoughts on this? Is this...
  7. Xbox menu problem controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox menu problem controller: hi controllers move twice in the menu really fast whn i move joystick once um no problem on testing on xbox app nd no problem when in games using 8bitdo ultimate controller wired for Xbox...
  8. Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...: Hey, been on the platform for as long as I remember. Anyways I have been experiencing an issue i haven't seen before anywhere. My controller's right stick input just sticks right, making it...
  9. My right toggle ( on both controllers) wont move on menu screen or in game but registers...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right toggle ( on both controllers) wont move on menu screen or in game but registers...: My right toggle ( on both controllers) wont move on menu screen or in game but registers input at configure controller screen, Ive tried with 2 controllers and only get action at test screen? Ive...
  10. everytime I'm playing Control Standard Edition it crashes when I press the menu or escape...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    everytime I'm playing Control Standard Edition it crashes when I press the menu or escape...: everytime I'm playing Control Standard Edition it crashes when I press the menu or escape key. Please help. 06745f16-7e33-46fe-be3b-b324d340813c