Xbox one Controller light stays on normal but the console doesn’t register that it is...

Discus and support Xbox one Controller light stays on normal but the console doesn’t register that it is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Like the title says, the controller keeps disconnecting, but the light stays normal. I’ve updated the controller, but that only held it for like 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Doofenshlop, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Doofenshlop
    Doofenshlop Guest

Xbox one Controller light stays on normal but the console doesn’t register that it is...

Like the title says, the controller keeps disconnecting, but the light stays normal. I’ve updated the controller, but that only held it for like 10 minutes max. It’s in range, full battery, nothing obstructing it, and again it’s not blinking so it’s not a normal disconnection. Taking the batteries out and turning it back on will connect it again for an extremely minimal amount of time, I’ve also tried restarting it multiple times to no avail. any and all help would be appreciated

:)

Doofenshlop, Aug 30, 2022
  2. Doofenshlop Win User

Xbox one Controller light stays on normal but the console doesn’t register that it is connected, and will do this every 30ish seconds

I have not tried connecting it to a different device I’ll try that, and the problem happened before I updated and persisted after I did it
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox one Controller light stays on normal but the console doesn’t register that it is connected, and will do this every 30ish seconds

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Doofenshlop

May I know if you can tried connecting the controller to a different device and see if the issue persists?

For example via bluetooth with your phone or PC. Or via cable with a PC (or with a different console)

This helps us to isolate the issue.

The problem happened before and after updating the firmware?
  4. Doofenshlop Win User

Yeah it connects fine to my phone, looks like it’s my decade old console 😅 if you’ve got any advice for that issue id take it lol
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks! That's a good signal.

I can advise you some things to try in your console:

1. Do a factory reset but keeping games and apps:

Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps.

(If that doesn't work and if you don't mind. Do this again but select instead remove everything)

2. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed/updated from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If the issue persists, the next step will be get your console serviced/inspected :c

Probably the connection module is failing (Xbox consoles use a proprietary connection, not bluetooth)
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update

Please try that and let me know how it goes!

And if you have more than one controller, test a different one with your console to see if the issue persists
Thema:

1. Xbox one Controller light stays on normal but the console doesn’t register that it is... - Similar Threads - Controller light stays

2. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  3. Xbox One S disconnecting controllers with light still on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S disconnecting controllers with light still on: Recently my Xbox one S has been disconnecting my Series s/x controllers, when the controllers are disconnected the light stays on so I have to either wait for the controllers to reconnect on their...
  4. Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from the xbox with the light on it being on. Any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from the xbox with the light on it being on. Any...: - Xbox controller would disconnect from the Xbox with the light on, blink twice, and then reconnect. - Usually happens every 15-20 seconds - Mainly happens around 12 am to 1am - Tried many...
  5. Is there currently any way to change the color of the light on an Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there currently any way to change the color of the light on an Elite Series 2 controller...: As the question says, can you—be it using CLI or something else (AHK, an API, etc.)—change the light on the Elite Series 2 controller's logo without using the Xbox Accessories app? Looking to do...
  6. XBOX controller won't start, lights flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX controller won't start, lights flashing: I have an XBOX controller that uses rechargeable batteries and connects with bluetooth to my pc. But after the battery is full with the indication of the lights on the XBOX off, I unplug it and...
  7. Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...: Hello the left side seems to be weak and has some weird rotation sound which is not really normal. Normally the controller has a lisght spinning sound but not as loud as it is now I’ve had the...
  8. Changing the light intensity on an Xbox Series controller with a Windows PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing the light intensity on an Xbox Series controller with a Windows PC: Hi! I bought a new Xbox Series white controller what i really love, except that i cannot change it from full brightness when it's connected to my Windows 11 PC via bluetooth. I even installed...
  9. Xbox series x controller turns on light but is unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller turns on light but is unresponsive: My Xbox series x controller turns on light but is unresponsive. It shows that is on, but won't do the startup blink, go into link mode or respond to any button press. Is there any way to fix it?...
  10. Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.: Controller unsyncs mid game but controller is still on. I tried holding controller button down to reset. I disconnected console from the wall. Works fine for a but until it starts doing it again....