Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting from my Xbox Wireless Adapter on Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting from my Xbox Wireless Adapter on Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use it for a couple minutes and then it disconnects. It makes it impossible to use for any game. I've tried every fix I can find. Changing power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AidanZeidman, Jan 19, 2023.

1. AidanZeidman
    AidanZeidman Guest

Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting from my Xbox Wireless Adapter on Windows 11

I use it for a couple minutes and then it disconnects. It makes it impossible to use for any game. I've tried every fix I can find. Changing power management settings in device manager, updating the controller in the Xbox accessories app, turning off share in geforce experience, reinstalling drivers, unplugging and replugging the adapter countless times. I'm beyond frustrated and at this point have spent at least two hours trying to fix this. Does anyone have any new ideas? I've found several threads with this same issue and the consensus seems to be that there is a driver issue and Microsoft won't bother to fix it. I would really appreciate anyone's time and help with this.

:)

AidanZeidman, Jan 19, 2023
  2. dearjenna Win User

Does the wireless adapter help the controller disconnect problem?

3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Is Xbox x series controller bluetooth connectivity issue with PC solved?

If it's happening on different PC's then it would more than likely mean that either the adapter or the controller are the problem.

Would you please try having your PC forget the controller and disconnect. If it still continues to disconnect, try uninstalling and reinstalling the controller drivers by following our Wireless Controller Setup.

Also, If you haven't already, please check Xbox One Controller in Windows 10 Troubleshoot and Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows articles for further solutions to the issue.
  4. Patdawg1 Win User

Xbox controller disconnecting constantly?

If you’re having trouble with your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, it could be because the adapter drivers didn’t auto-install, the adapter stopped responding, your controller won’t connect or frequently
    disconnects from your adapter, or because there’s interference between the controller and adapter.
    Try fixing it with these troubleshooting solutions. Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date, and try unplugging the device, restarting, and plugging it back in. Make sure your controller is in
    range of the adapter. You can also move any objects between the controller and the adapter out of the way, and keep the adapter away from metal so there’s less interference. For more solutions, check out “Learn more” below.

Learn more

If you’re having trouble with your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, it could be because the adapter drivers didn’t auto-install, the adapter stopped responding, your controller won’t connect or frequently disconnects from your adapter, or because
    there’s interference between the controller and adapter.

Try fixing it with these troubleshooting solutions. Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date, and try unplugging the device, restarting, and plugging it back in. Make sure your controller is in range of the adapter. You can also move any objects
    between the controller and the adapter out of the way, and keep the adapter away from metal so there’s less interference. For more solutions, check out “Learn more” below.

Learn more
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Aidam, we have seen some related occurrences here in the community, however try to follow the instructions in the link below to perform a firmware rollback on your controller.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Paul Bab Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Xbox one Controller Problems (need PC restart?)

Hi,

If your controller disconnects frequently from the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, this is typically due to environmental issues, such as no line of sight (between the controller and adapter) or a heavy amount of interference, such as from metallic objects.
    Try these suggestions to improve the connection between your controller and adapter:

• Make sure you're within optimal range of the adapter (6 meters or less).
    • Use the USB extender to bring the adapter closer to your controller.
    • Ensure you have good line of sight between your adapter and your controller. Use the USB extender to help if needed. For these two devices to talk successfully, they need the most unobstructed opportunity to do so.
    • Move the adapter away from metal and do not set it directly on a metal surface.

In addition, feel free to check out this
    page
    that can help resolve connectivity issues with the Xbox One wireless controller on your Windows 10 device.

Keep us posted.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting from my Xbox Wireless Adapter on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - controller keeps disconnecting

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  4. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  5. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  6. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  7. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  8. Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S: I recently got an Xbox Series S and my controllers (both new controller that came with the console, and my old Xbox one controller) have been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, and my...
  9. My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one: My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one. I did the controller update and it still keeps on disconnecting f5c6c4c6-4349-4ba3-8930-88169baaeceb
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.: I’m in alpha updates and I’ve noticed while I was playing Dead Island 2, whenever I’d click the guide button the controller freezes, disconnects and then reconnects. Even my Xbox wireless headset...