XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.

Discus and support XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two xbox one controllers. However, the chat headset only works with one of the controllers; the controller that I bought separately works fine,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnsafestMaple6, Jan 3, 2014.

1. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.

I have two xbox one controllers. However, the chat headset only works with one of the controllers; the controller that I bought separately works fine, the controller included in the box does not. How do I go about getting this fixed?

Thanks.

:)

UnsafestMaple6, Jan 3, 2014
  2. FAKIR101
    FAKIR101 Guest
    Mic

could be a faulty controller jack, try to plug into a phone or pc to check if the issue is the headset or controller

FAKIR101, Jan 3, 2014
  3. genzr
    genzr Guest
    XBOX ONE NOT PICKING UP VOICE THROUGH MICROPHONE (PARTY, MULTIPLAYER, VOICE MESSAGING OR SKYPE)

I HAVE IDENTIFIED THE CULPRIT! It is the 3.5mm slot on the Xbox One controller.

So I took all my gear to a friends house to test everything out on his network with his Xbox One and equipment. Synced my controller to his Xbox and had the same problem. I then plugged in his Xbox headset adapter to my setup (He has an older controller
    without the headset jack) and everything worked smoothly if I used a headset adapter.

So, the problem is either the headset jack on my controller or something to do with the firmware that prevents the jack from being used properly. The only reason I'm hesitant to just say it is a faulty 3.5mm connector on the controller is because my mic
    is responsive to the mic monitoring volume controls on the Xbox. Then again, I'm no mic expert so it may very well be a faulty controller.

Sucks that I need to get an adapter now to get a headset working on my controller that supposedly doesn't need one...

I will mark this as solved once I get my own headset adapter tomorrow and have everything running smoothly

genzr, Jan 3, 2014
  4. AlexLongacre
    AlexLongacre Guest

I have the exact same issue. How did you get this resolved?

AlexLongacre, May 1, 2014
  5. hdEliite
    hdEliite Guest
    the jack is poorly made iv changed about 5 sets all ready I am sick of it don't seem to get any where with Microsoft.its a simple fix all they have to do is get rid of the lead and make it a fix jack instead

hdEliite, May 10, 2015
  6. Hey there, hdEliite! I'm very sorry to see any issues with controllers. This thread is over a year old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community
    can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty. :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  7. choppyseize Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

It could be that the headset is faulty now or that the jack in the controller itself is the issue. How old is the headset and controller ? What brand is the headset ?
  8. FAKIR101 Win User

Mic

could be a faulty controller jack, try to plug into a phone or pc to check if the issue is the headset or controller
  9. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

My xbox is producing no sound second day in a row

Are you connecting the headset via the controller jack? It may be possible that the jack in your controller is bad/faulty. Do you have another controller to check if this may be the issue?
  10. genzr Win User

XBOX ONE NOT PICKING UP VOICE THROUGH MICROPHONE (PARTY, MULTIPLAYER, VOICE MESSAGING OR SKYPE)

I HAVE IDENTIFIED THE CULPRIT! It is the 3.5mm slot on the Xbox One controller.

So I took all my gear to a friends house to test everything out on his network with his Xbox One and equipment. Synced my controller to his Xbox and had the same problem. I then plugged in his Xbox headset adapter to my setup (He has an older controller
    without the headset jack) and everything worked smoothly if I used a headset adapter.

So, the problem is either the headset jack on my controller or something to do with the firmware that prevents the jack from being used properly. The only reason I'm hesitant to just say it is a faulty 3.5mm connector on the controller is because my mic
    is responsive to the mic monitoring volume controls on the Xbox. Then again, I'm no mic expert so it may very well be a faulty controller.

Sucks that I need to get an adapter now to get a headset working on my controller that supposedly doesn't need one...

I will mark this as solved once I get my own headset adapter tomorrow and have everything running smoothly
  11. Donkeymusic2015 Win User

Multiple Headset Failure

It could be the controllers. The headset jacks may be worn out. Have you tried other controllers by chance? Also some headsets require additional downloads directly from the manufacturers site. Mine required an entire app. You may want to check
    and be sure nothing more is needed.
    The controller jacks don't seem faulty as in they are quite a good fit when they are plugged in.

I would be annoyed if they were faulty as one controller is only 4 months old and the other is 4 weeks.

Will have a look at the manufacturers website.
Thema:

1. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty. - Similar Threads - Controller Headset Jack

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller Headset Jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller Headset Jack not working: Hi, My son bought an Xbox design lab controller 1 month ago and the headphone jack has stopped working. We have tried different headsets and none work. We have also connected headsets to his...
  3. Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.: Last night, the headset jack to my xbox elite controller series 1 stopped detecting my Hyper X cloud 2 headset. At first I thought it was the headset, but I have tried the headset on other...
  4. Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller: Hello, From one minute to the next the headset jack/sound stopped working on our Xbox One Elite controller. We bought it from Target.com July, 2019. Not sure if it's still under warranty through...
  5. USB headset to Xbox controller with 3.5mm jack.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB headset to Xbox controller with 3.5mm jack.: Hello! Can I connect USB headset to Xbox controller with 3.5mm jack? If yes, where can I purchase an adapter? Thank you. bbb2353b-664b-4a2f-bd43-9e62f256d486
  6. Buzzing noise when I plug headset into 3.5 mm jack on new Xbox wireless controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing noise when I plug headset into 3.5 mm jack on new Xbox wireless controller.: Hello, I've tried everything to fix this problem and it has all come down to the 3.5 mm jack buzzing like a light every time, I know I can just turn the mic monitoring down, but it can still...
  7. Design Lab controller issues with the headset jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Design Lab controller issues with the headset jack: My design lab controller will not work with my headset now. My headset works with all my other controllers still. The jack is messed up and I have tried using rubbing alcohol and the sound will...
  8. Controller headset jack broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller headset jack broke: Ive bought 3 controllers, all 3 have had broken headset jacks within the first couple months, its a waste of money i’m switching to ps4 72a25f61-2a47-4c49-80b5-fdf28b15a457
  9. Cant connect xbox headset to xbox new controller 3.5m jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect xbox headset to xbox new controller 3.5m jack: Hi I need help I cant connect my sons turtle beach headphones and chat to xbox he canr hear or speak to players we have tried starting a chat but audio function is not highlighted on screen so we...
  10. My controller dont see headset jack 3,5mm

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller dont see headset jack 3,5mm: My controller dont see headset jack 3,5mm. 3 days days earlier normally work. 9d411cb5-4dfb-4d3a-bdfc-775042903d6d