XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.

Discus and support XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two xbox one controllers. However, the chat headset only works with one of the controllers; the controller that I bought separately works fine,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnsafestMaple6, Jan 3, 2014.

1. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty.

I have two xbox one controllers. However, the chat headset only works with one of the controllers; the controller that I bought separately works fine, the controller included in the box does not. How do I go about getting this fixed?

Thanks.

:)

UnsafestMaple6, Jan 3, 2014
  2. FAKIR101
    FAKIR101 Guest
    Mic

could be a faulty controller jack, try to plug into a phone or pc to check if the issue is the headset or controller

FAKIR101, Jan 3, 2014
  3. genzr
    genzr Guest
    XBOX ONE NOT PICKING UP VOICE THROUGH MICROPHONE (PARTY, MULTIPLAYER, VOICE MESSAGING OR SKYPE)

I HAVE IDENTIFIED THE CULPRIT! It is the 3.5mm slot on the Xbox One controller.

So I took all my gear to a friends house to test everything out on his network with his Xbox One and equipment. Synced my controller to his Xbox and had the same problem. I then plugged in his Xbox headset adapter to my setup (He has an older controller
    without the headset jack) and everything worked smoothly if I used a headset adapter.

So, the problem is either the headset jack on my controller or something to do with the firmware that prevents the jack from being used properly. The only reason I'm hesitant to just say it is a faulty 3.5mm connector on the controller is because my mic
    is responsive to the mic monitoring volume controls on the Xbox. Then again, I'm no mic expert so it may very well be a faulty controller.

Sucks that I need to get an adapter now to get a headset working on my controller that supposedly doesn't need one...

I will mark this as solved once I get my own headset adapter tomorrow and have everything running smoothly

genzr, Jan 3, 2014
  4. AlexLongacre
    AlexLongacre Guest

I have the exact same issue. How did you get this resolved?

AlexLongacre, May 1, 2014
  5. hdEliite
    hdEliite Guest
    the jack is poorly made iv changed about 5 sets all ready I am sick of it don't seem to get any where with Microsoft.its a simple fix all they have to do is get rid of the lead and make it a fix jack instead

hdEliite, May 10, 2015
  6. Hey there, hdEliite! I'm very sorry to see any issues with controllers. This thread is over a year old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community
    can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty. :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  7. choppyseize Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

It could be that the headset is faulty now or that the jack in the controller itself is the issue. How old is the headset and controller ? What brand is the headset ?
  8. FAKIR101 Win User

Mic

could be a faulty controller jack, try to plug into a phone or pc to check if the issue is the headset or controller
  9. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

My xbox is producing no sound second day in a row

Are you connecting the headset via the controller jack? It may be possible that the jack in your controller is bad/faulty. Do you have another controller to check if this may be the issue?
  10. genzr Win User

XBOX ONE NOT PICKING UP VOICE THROUGH MICROPHONE (PARTY, MULTIPLAYER, VOICE MESSAGING OR SKYPE)

I HAVE IDENTIFIED THE CULPRIT! It is the 3.5mm slot on the Xbox One controller.

So I took all my gear to a friends house to test everything out on his network with his Xbox One and equipment. Synced my controller to his Xbox and had the same problem. I then plugged in his Xbox headset adapter to my setup (He has an older controller
    without the headset jack) and everything worked smoothly if I used a headset adapter.

So, the problem is either the headset jack on my controller or something to do with the firmware that prevents the jack from being used properly. The only reason I'm hesitant to just say it is a faulty 3.5mm connector on the controller is because my mic
    is responsive to the mic monitoring volume controls on the Xbox. Then again, I'm no mic expert so it may very well be a faulty controller.

Sucks that I need to get an adapter now to get a headset working on my controller that supposedly doesn't need one...

I will mark this as solved once I get my own headset adapter tomorrow and have everything running smoothly
  11. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Someone please help, my audio is cutting out while I stream.

Hello Jay,

Please check if you controller has the latest software update.

If the problem persist, it could be a faulty headset or the 3.5mm jack on the controller. If you have any other headsets, please try them, to eliminate the problem, if the problem still persists, the controller is faulty. Contact xbox repairs for fix or replacement if still under warranty.
Thema:

1. XBOX One Controller Headset Jack is Faulty. - Similar Threads - Controller Headset Jack

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  4. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  5. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  7. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  8. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  9. Controllers and headset disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers and headset disconnecting: Since I bought my new TV (LG C3 77") I have big problems with my two controllers and Xbox wireless headset on my Xbox Series X. The Xbox button begins to flash on the controllers and it...
  10. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...