Xbox one controller firmware update stops controller working xbox app (Windows 10)

Discus and support Xbox one controller firmware update stops controller working xbox app (Windows 10) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My controller worked fine for months on the xbox app then I updated my xbox one controller and its stopped responding in games (xbox app only) Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Clamsalad7337, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Xbox one controller firmware update stops controller working xbox app (Windows 10)

My controller worked fine for months on the xbox app then I updated my xbox one controller and its stopped responding in games (xbox app only)

Xbox app doesn't recognise it anymore unless it is plugged in

The device is upto date

My windows and drivers are upto date

No my controller isn't broken works fine with my xbox

Its not faulty

I have troubleshooted reinstalled all the drivers

Even wiped my pc with a fresh install of Windows

If I hold my home start and director button it brings up the keyboard on my desktop and works completely fine

When I'm on steam it works completely fine

But not the xbox app

So before its suggested no my controller isn't the issue

If the xbox app had some sort of controller configuration /selection built in then nobody would have this problem

If anyone else is having this issue and fixed it please let me know

Most people have suggested it's a hid device overriding the controller for the xbox app specifically

I am not buying an adapter for my controller to work with that app again

They should fix the application

Or not give out controller updates incompatible with their software

:)

Clamsalad7337, Dec 8, 2021
  2. Otaconahs88 Win User

My control xbox one not connected to the computer

Please, get the App "Xbox Accessories" from Windows Store, and try again. It will try to update your Windows 10 drivers or Xbox One controller firmware.

If that does not work, try to update Xbox One controller firmware through your Xbox One console with a USB data cable.

You can find more information here:
    support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter
  3. AiGnIs Win User

Xbox app streaming not (any longer) supports two controllers ?

Hi,

I've been having the same issue since the last update (2 weeks ago). This is NOT a Windows 10 nor Xbox ONE controller's issue, because I can perfectly use 4 controllers to control both Steam games and Xbox ONE Windows 10 App. The controllers work fine with
    the app, but one I start streaming, my Xbox only detects the first controller.

So, no power-cycling nor controller's firmware update is going to fix that.

I hope they acknowledge this issue and fix it in the next Xbox ONE update.
  4. AiGnIs Win User

Xbox app streaming not (any longer) supports two controllers ?

Hi,

I've been having the same issue since the last update (2 weeks ago). This is NOT a Windows 10 nor Xbox ONE controller's issue, because I can perfectly use 4 controllers to control both Steam games and Xbox ONE Windows 10 App. The controllers work fine with
    the app, but one I start streaming, my Xbox only detects the first controller.

So, no power-cycling nor controller's firmware update is going to fix that.

I hope they acknowledge this issue and fix it in the next Xbox ONE update
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

how do you fix a pdp controller

The firmware for the controller might need updating. Download the pdp control hub app from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 or Xbox One. That should show you if it needs updating or anything else that might get it working.
  6. StefanosTsoutis Win User

Xbox Elite Controller does not work after installing the app "accessories xbox" on my win10 x64

Same problem here with xbox one controller on windows 10. New controller and tried to do firmware update over the Xbox assecorie app. Now I'm here...
Thema:

Xbox one controller firmware update stops controller working xbox app (Windows 10)

1. Xbox one controller firmware update stops controller working xbox app (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - controller firmware update

2. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  3. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  4. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  5. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  6. Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...: I have both a Green Recycled Series S/X controller and a FH5 Series S/X controller. I use the FH5 controller mainly on PC and the Green Recycled controller mainly on Xbox One X. I got an update...
  7. Controller Firmware Updating for Tesla

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Firmware Updating for Tesla: Does anyone know what this lady means about 3rd-party tools for flashing older firmware? I’ve looked around but Google isn’t really getting me anywhere. Thanks. It’s the Vanessaez reply to my...
  8. Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?: Don't Have internet at home right now and its a pain to check on my laptop manually. was wondering if they post it somewhere so i could set something up like rss feeds for when they do....
  9. Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!: Whatever the engineers did, great job! For the first time the Elite Series 2 / Core responsiveness feels near instant in wireless mode. Updated from 3202 to 3223 Thanks! submitted by...
  10. How to: revert controller firmware in 2023?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to: revert controller firmware in 2023?: The new series x controllers were working fine in game until it did an update. What I found to revert the firmware does not work in 2023. Curious if there is another way?...