Xbox one controller firmware downgrade *not working*

Discus and support Xbox one controller firmware downgrade *not working* in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I followed the instructions on my xbox and also on my windows machine for downgrading my xbox one controller firmware however I do not see a dialog... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by leathan, Jun 29, 2022.

1. leathan
    leathan Guest

Hi I followed the instructions on my xbox and also on my windows machine for downgrading my xbox one controller firmware however I do not see a dialog asking me to confirm the downgrade of my firmware but rather see a dialog telling me my controller is already up to date.

The latest firmware update changed how the xbox one controller uses bluetooth replacing classic with BLE. This breaks compatibility for a lot of use cases and a simple revert of the firmware will completely fix those issues.

I saw another question like this on these forums but the conversation quickly devolved away from the original posters inquiries about how to revert the firmware and turned into a conversation about the windows operating system and drivers.

:)

leathan, Jun 29, 2022
  2. erasam Win User

Xbox One controller not working via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC

The solution was to downgrade the controller firmware using Xbox help
  3. Whatasave Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league specifically)

I had the same issue with one of my two controllers. The controller with this issue was running the latest firmware, whereas the other controller that was working fine was running the older firmware.

After downgrading the firmware to 4.8.1908.0 both controllers now work as they should.

To downgrade, plug in controller via USB C into PC, hit Windows+R, and copy paste: xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true
  4. LBS LBS Win User

All 3 of my controllers right stick RS have stopped working but work in the test mode on settings?

What do you mean by downgrading controller firmware ?
  5. erasam Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth)

The latest firmware update of the classic Xbox one controller broke it as well when used connected with Bluetooth

I had to downgrade it to make it working properly again
  6. ÉdsonSilva Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller not recognized in Windows 10 Game Controllers panel

I believe this is because the controller has a firmware superior to the one compatible with the PC, it has to wait for Microsoft to fix it and it doesn't seem that they are worried about it. Another alternative is to downgrade the controller's firmware, but you need to have a console for that.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller firmware downgrade *not working* - Similar Threads - controller firmware downgrade

2. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  4. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  5. Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...: I have both a Green Recycled Series S/X controller and a FH5 Series S/X controller. I use the FH5 controller mainly on PC and the Green Recycled controller mainly on Xbox One X. I got an update...
  6. Controller Firmware Updating for Tesla

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Firmware Updating for Tesla: Does anyone know what this lady means about 3rd-party tools for flashing older firmware? I’ve looked around but Google isn’t really getting me anywhere. Thanks. It’s the Vanessaez reply to my...
  7. Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?: Don't Have internet at home right now and its a pain to check on my laptop manually. was wondering if they post it somewhere so i could set something up like rss feeds for when they do....
  8. Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!: Whatever the engineers did, great job! For the first time the Elite Series 2 / Core responsiveness feels near instant in wireless mode. Updated from 3202 to 3223 Thanks! submitted by...
  9. How to: revert controller firmware in 2023?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to: revert controller firmware in 2023?: The new series x controllers were working fine in game until it did an update. What I found to revert the firmware does not work in 2023. Curious if there is another way?...
  10. Xbox One Controller Model 1697 - Can't revert firmware?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Model 1697 - Can't revert firmware?: Hi, First, the controller worked fine until yesterday. I tried to connect the controller with the TP-Link UB500 Bluetooth adapter and after doing everything like: - Update the FW of the...