Xbox One Controller Extender

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Extender in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Guys. Just upgraded from my 360 to the XBONE, however I have all my multimedia setup in the office upstairs and then distributed via CAT6 HDMI.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matutu-8FA2D87B-EE73-4116-A566-E808A7B1E5CD, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Xbox One Controller Extender

Hey Guys.

Just upgraded from my 360 to the XBONE, however I have all my multimedia setup in the office upstairs and then distributed via CAT6 HDMI. No problem with the 360 however the XBONE has a major controller range issue, even when luckily the Lounge is directly
    below the office, so only 2 No. walls and floors to go through and 3metres direct line to line, however I am still getting disconnects etc etc.

So I have been trying everything but still getting some disconnects, so I was wondering if it was possible to buy the USB adapter and then plug this into the XBONE one via a USB cable to extend the range to the lounge? this would be done via a USB - CAT6
    - USB.

Is this supported?

Thanks everyone!

:)

Matutu-8FA2D87B-EE73-4116-A566-E808A7B1E5CD, Jan 2, 2016
  2. FilmFreak71
    FilmFreak71 Guest
    Can wireless adapter be used with the Xbox One to increase controller range?

I've got my Xbox One in another room to my TV and as the Xbox One Controller uses direct wifi to connect its range is severely limited, so I'm right on the limit of the range and my controller disconnects itself one average every 2 - 3 minutes. If I were
    to use the wireless adapter on the Xbox one with a USB extender, would that allow me to extend the Xbox Controller range?

FilmFreak71, Jan 2, 2016
  3. CrispmetalcM
    CrispmetalcM Guest
    Xbox Elite Controller Right Analog Stick Issue

Hi Everyone I have a question can I extend my warranty on the xbox one elite controller ?

CrispmetalcM, Jan 2, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hello Matutu,

By USB adapter, you're talking about the one designed for Windows, right? The little USB dongle that plugs into a PC and allows controllers to connect wirelessly.

I don't *think* this works on the console itself, but I cannot be sure. I would advise against spending money on that as a solution in the way you describe.

However, there are a couple alternatives:

-- If you don't mind using the controller as a wired controller, you can run a USB from console to where you play and plug the controller in.

-- Alternatively, using a Windows 10 PC in the location you actually play, you can stream the Xbox One's video output to the PC, but, more importantly for you, you can stream controller inputs back from PC to Xbox One.

Elaborating on the Windows 10 example, even if you plan to play on a TV (directly connected via HDMI to the console, or however the setup is currently), you can have a Windows 10 PC in the room to which you stream the video output across the local network
    (PC can be connected by wire to router for minimal latency), and to the PC you can either connect the controller by USB cable OR use the Wireless Adapter and have the controller connected to the PC wirelessly. In both cases, controller inputs go from Windows
    10 PC back to console, and for video you could be looking at either your existing monitor or Windows 10 PC.

With the Windows 10 setup, with controller inputs and video output now being transmitted across the local network, you may introduce some latency to your gaming, but there's not really any good way to know before you try. If the PC is wired to the router,
    the latency should be minimal, but I cannot say for certain. What I do know is that I have streamed the Xbox One video output to my own PC (both connected wirelessly to router) on the highest settings, with a controller connected via USB to console, and I
    have not had any significant performance issues.

~~

For setting up Windows 10 game streaming, and details on system requirements, read this article here:

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming

~~

Let us know how you get on, or if you have further questions. I hope this helps.

maxen, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Have you had any luck? My experience with the xbox one controller is they're absolute garbage, you're lucky to get a stable connection at 15' with line of sight, if there's a physical barrier between you and the console (cabinet etc) you're not going to
    get a stable signal. Microsoft needs to acknowledge that they dropped the ball on these controllers and release some kind of range extender so people can actually play their consoles without interruption. Also for the record my home theatre setup as a 360,
    ps3, ps4 and xbone in it and the XbOne is the only one that has EVER dropped the controller signal.

CaPtAiN PuDdInG, Oct 31, 2018
  6. CaPtAiN PuDdInG Win User

Have you had any luck? My experience with the xbox one controller is they're absolute garbage, you're lucky to get a stable connection at 15' with line of sight, if there's a physical barrier between you and the console (cabinet etc) you're not going to
    get a stable signal. Microsoft needs to acknowledge that they dropped the ball on these controllers and release some kind of range extender so people can actually play their consoles without interruption. Also for the record my home theatre setup as a 360,
    ps3, ps4 and xbone in it and the XbOne is the only one that has EVER dropped the controller signal.
  7. maxen Win User

Hello Matutu,

By USB adapter, you're talking about the one designed for Windows, right? The little USB dongle that plugs into a PC and allows controllers to connect wirelessly.

I don't *think* this works on the console itself, but I cannot be sure. I would advise against spending money on that as a solution in the way you describe.

However, there are a couple alternatives:

-- If you don't mind using the controller as a wired controller, you can run a USB from console to where you play and plug the controller in.

-- Alternatively, using a Windows 10 PC in the location you actually play, you can stream the Xbox One's video output to the PC, but, more importantly for you, you can stream controller inputs back from PC to Xbox One.

Elaborating on the Windows 10 example, even if you plan to play on a TV (directly connected via HDMI to the console, or however the setup is currently), you can have a Windows 10 PC in the room to which you stream the video output across the local network
    (PC can be connected by wire to router for minimal latency), and to the PC you can either connect the controller by USB cable OR use the Wireless Adapter and have the controller connected to the PC wirelessly. In both cases, controller inputs go from Windows
    10 PC back to console, and for video you could be looking at either your existing monitor or Windows 10 PC.

With the Windows 10 setup, with controller inputs and video output now being transmitted across the local network, you may introduce some latency to your gaming, but there's not really any good way to know before you try. If the PC is wired to the router,
    the latency should be minimal, but I cannot say for certain. What I do know is that I have streamed the Xbox One video output to my own PC (both connected wirelessly to router) on the highest settings, with a controller connected via USB to console, and I
    have not had any significant performance issues.

~~

For setting up Windows 10 game streaming, and details on system requirements, read this article here:

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming

~~

Let us know how you get on, or if you have further questions. I hope this helps.
  8. fireboy92k(2) Win User

xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible?

No, it's not a universal remote: (www.xbox.com/.../media-remote)

The remote controls TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, or an IR extender cable (cable not included).

You need Kinect or IR Extenders.

support.xbox.com/.../use-external-ir-with-xbox-one
  9. CrispmetalcM Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Right Analog Stick Issue

Hi Everyone I have a question can I extend my warranty on the xbox one elite controller ?
  10. konsoleking247 Win User

Best AA batteries for Xbox One controller, Scuf one and Canon and Sony Digital Camera

Picture of my Xbox one controller with the Extended Battery Life AA batteries in it, purchased from
    The Console Battery Shop
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Extender - Similar Threads - Controller Extender

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  8. Elite series 2 controller extended warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite series 2 controller extended warranty: I purchased an elite series 2 core with an extended 3 year warranty but it says I only have 90 days warranty and not 3 years 8517097c-677a-4db9-940e-9be1816e1494
  9. How to register extended warranty for elite 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    How to register extended warranty for elite 2 controller: How to register extended warranty for elite 2 controller? I pruchases the warranty and controller at the same time...
  10. Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question: Hello! I am currently in the market of buying an Xbox Elite 2 controller through Design Lab. I've been reading a lot of comments, forums, and even heard through some reviews on YouTube that speak...