Xbox one controller draining batteries in minutes just all of a sudden started was fine...

Discus and support Xbox one controller draining batteries in minutes just all of a sudden started was fine... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I fix my controller from draining my batteries in minutes it's been working fine and it just all of a sudden started to drain new batteries in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jenking83, Nov 4, 2022.

1. jenking83
    jenking83 Guest

Xbox one controller draining batteries in minutes just all of a sudden started was fine...

How do I fix my controller from draining my batteries in minutes it's been working fine and it just all of a sudden started to drain new batteries in minutes I did the firmware update on the controller it was fine for a few minutes then started again. What can I do to fix it

:)

jenking83, Nov 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox one controller draining batteries in minutes just all of a sudden started was fine before that. Did the firmware update but didn't help

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jenking83

Exists the possibility that the energy is draining inside the controller. If you tried with new batteries and the issue persists the best option is request a replacement controller if it's on warranty.

For this you can do it via your Devices page:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices.

Or you can use this specific link for controllers:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. wi7bit Win User

Elite Controller with Play & Charge Kit

Just to let everyone know, that after a few weeks of doing the following:

• 15 minutes of use
    • Controller complains battery is low
    • Controller turns off
    • Turn back on controller
    • Repeat until controller will not turn on (battery drained)
    • Charge overnight

All of a sudden, it now seems to be working how it should. Will now go for a whole week without complaining and the battery charge level slowly decreased through time (unlike before where it would show full and then flat within 15 minutes, then go full again
    when you turn it back on).

How bizarre !!

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.
  4. SalientNewt6103 Win User

XBOX ONE wireless controller problem (PC)

I got a wireless controller adapter and a xbox one controller for my pc. Everything works just fine for the first 30 minuites then all of a sudden whatever game it starts lagging. On some games it even freezes. If i put my batteries out and back
    in the controller it the lag disapears. What can I do to solve this issue?
    miso
  5. konsoleking247 Win User

Controller doesn't turn system on

Turn on your Xbox one manually Update the controller following these instructions:

forums.xbox.com/.../1734855.aspx

Also try a hard reset, remove all batteries and usb cable and hold on the power button on the controller for a minute to drain all residual electricity in the controller, then plug the battery back in, try also brand new AA batteries, I personally prefer
    these batteries http://goo.gl/TZJme8 for both my Xbox One controller and Scuf One Controller and if all these don't resolve your problem you will need a new controller. See if the one you have is still under
    warranty, if yes you can send it back and get a free replacement.
  6. Nezziah Win User

Xbox One Media Remote issue

Heads up owners of Xbox Media One Remote! If all of a sudden your option does not appear to shut down the console while holding down the Xbox button and all else works fine....its your batteries. Long story shorter here. I haven't had this remote very long
    and most remote batteries(duracell, in this case) last for many months. Well falling asleep with it on your bed many a night was clearly causing the light to go on and off draining the batteries that much faster. Odd that it still functioned otherwise except
    the power down option. FYI
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller draining batteries in minutes just all of a sudden started was fine... - Similar Threads - controller draining batteries

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  5. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  6. Xbox one pro controller set on fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one pro controller set on fire: So my Xbox one pro controller ignited in my hands last night on the 24th of April 2024 all I did was start up call of duty modern warfare 3 I was using some Duracell batteries in it but it got hot...
  7. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  8. Xbox controller warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller warranty: I purchased an xbox controller yesterday from EE and when i add the device to my microsoft account its saying warranty expired can anyone advise me on how to sort this please as i i dont want a...
  9. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  10. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...