Xbox one controller does things by itself

Discus and support Xbox one controller does things by itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! both my xbox one controllers went nuts in the past week. They do things by themselves, I can’t control them. The buttons sometimes work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Krisztian Bori, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Xbox one controller does things by itself

Hello!

both my xbox one controllers went nuts in the past week. They do things by themselves, I can’t control them. The buttons sometimes work sometimes not, same with the joystick. It is very strange that both my controllers have the same problem at the same time.
    I tried to restart my console, which didn’t help. I mannaged to update the controllers but it says they are up to date. I don’t know what to do.

:)

Krisztian Bori, Jan 24, 2021
  2. WPAK Win User

Elite Series 2 controller RB/LB double clicking and out of stock

Hi there,

just to be sure, does the same thing happen when the controller is connected to a different PC or an Xbox One console (if available)?

To determine if this is related to the controller itself or perhaps the device it's connected to

In regards to the warranty bought at the store, it's not something people in here can assist with since that is a Best Buy specific thing
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller not working in Crackdown 3

Sorry to hear it. If the 360 controller does not work for the game then it may be the controller itself. If you have an Xbox One controller please try connecting it to see if you can use that one.
  4. NENGaming Win User

Unbelievable connection problems with the controller

Hi Light, Does the controller stay turned on or does it switch itself off when trying to connect to your Xbox One? Do you have anything between yourself and your Xbox One that could potentially interfere with the signal between your controller and the console?
    Does your Kinect sensor work okay?
  5. PatrickBrownlow Win User

XBOX Elite controler PC Problem Forward/Backward

I checked and updated but the controller still provides constant up or down input. It also does it when connected to the xbox one console. I guess there is something wrong with the controller itself.
  6. zeroice007 Win User

Xbox One Controller Disconnecting

If all do the same thing it has to be the plug or the xbox itself and not the controller. But you can try these steps. Have you tried a corded controller to check also. I assume you use wireless controllers . If you are doing the steps correctly it must
    be an issue with the xbox itself if you are doing all the steps. https://www.****/knowledge/fix-xbox-one-controller-keeps-disconnecting/

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution
Thema:

Xbox one controller does things by itself

1. Xbox one controller does things by itself - Similar Threads - controller does things

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  5. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  6. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  7. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  8. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  9. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  10. Xbox one s Starts then disconnects the Controller and dont does a Thing exept running the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s Starts then disconnects the Controller and dont does a Thing exept running the...: I tried to start my Xbox today. I turned IT on with a Wireless Controller. The Xbox Logo in Controller and console are on. Then the Controller disconnects and the Xbox stays quiet Just the...