XBOX one controller disconnecting

Discus and support XBOX one controller disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I sit 8 feet away from my console. I have 2 controllers (bought a second hoping it would work better), and both will disconnect in the middle of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YYCTimmy, Oct 24, 2017.

1. YYCTimmy
    YYCTimmy Guest

I sit 8 feet away from my console. I have 2 controllers (bought a second hoping it would work better), and both will disconnect in the middle of playing a game. Has happened with every game I have played.

The game will pause, say that the controller can not be found, and I have to sit and wait for up to a minute for the controller to re-sync, I press A, and then can play for longer.

It doesn't matter how low my battery is, or if I have the controller plugged in and fully charged while I am playing.

Some days are worse than others. It can happen every 10 min, or it won't happen for 30. but if I play longer than 30 min it happens at least once.

I have tried re-pairing both controllers as well as playing with my charging cable plugged in which defeats the purpose of a wireless controller.

Why did this change from the 360? I could play 2 floors away in my house and not have any issues. But now 8 feet is too much?

:)

YYCTimmy, Oct 24, 2017
  2. wolfspidr
    wolfspidr Guest
    wolfspidr, Oct 24, 2017
  3. freemo999
    freemo999 Guest
    Problem with controller

Both of my controllers are also disconnecting randomly

FIFA is the main game affected suffered 10 disconnects in one half!

I do have my xbox in the next room so not sure what the range of the controllers are

freemo999, Oct 24, 2017
  4. MattyRums Win User

Since "cortana" update my controller disconnect issues have returned

5. greg_window10_instal Win User

Xbox one remote just work few inches from the console

LuxuriantPear3,

When you say "remote" "...stop sync", I think you are referring to the Xbox One controller...? If so, may I suggest following up with "Xbox One
    Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    ". Let us know if this helps.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

SA
  6. DENAz666 Win User

Switching on xbox with xbox controller but controller unable to connect to xbox afterwards

7. NW EXPRESS Win User

Controller keeps disconnecting from Xbox One

My controller keeps disconnecting from my xbox. I have bought new controllers and it still disconnects even with the new controller. I have the Day one xbox. Any help will be nice.
  8. greg_window10_instal Win User

My Xbox Controllers keep dropping its wirless connecting from my Xbox.

Thema:

1. XBOX one controller disconnecting - Similar Threads - controller disconnecting

2. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  3. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  5. Constant controller disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant controller disconnect: Hi there, For the past few months, I've been experiencing the following symptoms with all of my controllers with my Xbox Series X: Intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting a few moments...
  6. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  7. xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC: My Xbox controller recently stopped connecting to my pc, and only works wirelessly. I have tried to unpair in Bluetooth, and get "failed to remove device". When I try to remove the device in...
  8. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  9. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  10. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...