Xbox One Controller destroyed by chat pad

Discus and support Xbox One Controller destroyed by chat pad in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got a new chat pad from the internal store last week, plugged it in today - it wouldn't just click, so like the older Xbox accessories, I lined it up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WowWashington, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Xbox One Controller destroyed by chat pad

Got a new chat pad from the internal store last week, plugged it in today - it wouldn't just click, so like the older Xbox accessories, I lined it up and pressed in a bit harder. Click - it went in, now something's moving around in the controller.

Remove the chat pad and find the option port is now gone, checked the fit with another xbox one controller and it looks like it would do the same.

Both controllers are from an earlier Beta (my primary box is an original beta box that can't play Xbox One DVD games)

Should this addon break my controller? This controller is likely dead soon as it'll short out over the board inside.

Help?!

:)

WowWashington, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Anyone else have this problem. Chat pad one s controller.

Bought s controller for pc connected via Bluetooth. Bought chat pad for it. Chat pad will only work when controller is connected via USB to pc. Bought doggie for x one controllers. Chat pad still refused to work wirelessly with s. However it will work wirelessly
    with first Gen x one controller and doggie.

jeremykarpiak, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Xbox One Gamepad issues in Windows 10 and Steam Link

Hey there ms076x.

Just to clarify, does your PC not detect your Xbox One controller while the chat pad is connected or has it stopped detecting it completely? If it's only the chat pad, do you possibly have a friend with a chat pad you can test to see if there's any change?

Mister Maka, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Xbox One Controller destroyed by chat pad

Sorry to clarify, controller destroyed by chat controller

WowWashington, Jan 1, 2016
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Sounds like you tried to force the connection. Under normal operation it shouldn't break the controller.

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  6. WowWashington Win User

Sorry to clarify, controller destroyed by chat controller
  7. {Parity} Win User

Sounds like you tried to force the connection. Under normal operation it shouldn't break the controller.
  8. Mister Maka Win User

Xbox One Gamepad issues in Windows 10 and Steam Link

Hey there ms076x.

Just to clarify, does your PC not detect your Xbox One controller while the chat pad is connected or has it stopped detecting it completely? If it's only the chat pad, do you possibly have a friend with a chat pad you can test to see if there's any change?
  9. spiffy939 Win User

Keyboard and mouse support

I used to like using the chat pad add on with the 360 controller, I wonder if they will bring out a similar one for the xbox 1 controller.
  10. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox series elite 2

There are a few things we want to do to identify what the problem is and where it isn't. So it could be an issue with the controller, console, or chat pad, so try different configurations and see which seems to be the issue. Try the chat pad on a different
    console, with a different controller, or try the controller with a different chat pad (if you have one available), etc.

Without the chat pad connected to the controller, does the Xbox remain powered on? Does the Xbox console shut off after powering it up with the chatpad still connected?

Do you have another controller to test if the same thing happens when you connect to it?

Those questions can help us identify where we can focus our attention to identify what the issue is and fix it.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller destroyed by chat pad - Similar Threads - Controller destroyed chat

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. Cannot destroy the control panels in remotely helpful

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot destroy the control panels in remotely helpful: I've shot them, threw things at them, nothing seems to work. Is this a glitch with my game or am I doing something wrong? edb33081-bb9d-40b4-847c-fbcdcc90ef6a