Xbox One Controller constantly disconnects on Windows 10 after Anniversary Update - Why...

Discus and support Xbox One Controller constantly disconnects on Windows 10 after Anniversary Update - Why... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an issue with the Xbox One controller constantly disconnecting (wireless) from my Windows 10 PC after a few minutes. I then reconnect, and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KaMMiKaZy, Aug 28, 2020.

1. KaMMiKaZy
    KaMMiKaZy Guest

Xbox One Controller constantly disconnects on Windows 10 after Anniversary Update - Why...

I have an issue with the Xbox One controller constantly disconnecting (wireless) from my Windows 10 PC after a few minutes. I then reconnect, and it disconnects again. This problem has been going on for 2 years. When you look up this issue, its obvious
    it continues to affect hundreds if not thousands of users. I dont understand why there isn't a permanent fix for this yet. Basically, from what I gather, the issue began after the Anniversary Update, which is what happened with me. I tried at least 4 different
    Xbox One controllers, and 2 different Xbox Wireless adapters, as well as bluetooth, and it happens to all of them which leads me to think its a driver issue, not controller issue. Some solutions online are to disable Nvidia Controller Service (didnt work),
    reinstall Xbox Wireless Adapter (didnt work), exit Steam (most of my library is on steam, this is not a solution). On this forum alone there are tons of posts about this issue with thousands of "I am having the same issue" replies. Can we please have an
    official fix for this issue already, its been 2 years. Playstation controller experiences none of these issues, but i prefer Xbox. Help!

:)

KaMMiKaZy, Aug 28, 2020
  2. albie™ Win User

Xbox One Elite controller not working anymore after (failed?) Xbox Accessories firmware upgrade

Another victim here. Received my brand new Elite controller today, bricked after the update from xbox accessories app.

It may have been windows 10 anniversary update drivers that caused issue. Anyone here is facing the same brick issue without the anniversary update on their windows 10?
  3. DUFFMANN7 Win User

Xbox One Elite controller not working anymore after (failed?) Xbox Accessories firmware upgrade

Just used xbox accesories in windows 10 anniversary to update my xbox one controller and now is bricked. This is *** ridiculous.
  4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

xbox one wireless controller not working on my pc with csr bluetooth 4.0

xbox wireless controller shows connecting then it show after few seconds that unable to connect check pin... pls help

i have windows 10 1809 version latest

all driver updated
    Connecting more than 1 controller to your device with Bluetooth may be possible, but performance can vary depending on your PC.

Requires Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth. See Windows
    Update: FAQ
    to learn how to get the latest Windows update.

For best performance, update your controller. See How to update your
    Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
  5. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Xbox One controller flashes and then dies

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

When you update your Xbox controller, you get the latest controller improvements. You can update your controller wirelessly or via USB.

For help with update problems, see Troubleshoot update issues with your Xbox One Controller.

On Windows 10, update your controller by using the Xbox Accessories app:

1. Get the app from Microsoft Windows 10 by searching for "Xbox Accessories."
    2. Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
    3. Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
      Note You'll be prompted to update to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition if you haven't yet done so.
    4. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message “Update Required” if an update is mandatory. Install the update.
      Note You can also go to Device Info to check for updates.
    Notes

• The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10.
    • Controllers that don't have a built-in 3.5-mm audio port must be updated using a USB connection and must have the Windows 10 TH2 Update (or later).
    • Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.
    • Bluetooth requires PCs running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See Windows Update: FAQ to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
  6. Vinny #1 Win User

My controller's Bluetooth is not working.

Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller constantly disconnects on Windows 10 after Anniversary Update - Why... - Similar Threads - Controller constantly disconnects

2. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  3. Constant controller disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant controller disconnect: Hi there, For the past few months, I've been experiencing the following symptoms with all of my controllers with my Xbox Series X: Intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting a few moments...
  4. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  5. Xbox controllers constantly disconnect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers constantly disconnect.: I used to have an Xbox one but recently upgraded to an X. I have an issue with my controllers which I hoped would be solved with the upgrade but it hasn't. My controllers often disconnect from my...
  6. Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?: I have an Xbox series X that is roughly 1 year old and my controller disconnects from the console every 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs while playing games and has essentially made my Xbox...
  7. Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: Guys I'm literally at my whits end with this system. I have went through three controllers (two regular and one elite) and two headsets (steelseries and Xbox wireless) and theres not a day that...
  8. Controller and Headset CONSTANTLY DISCONNECTING from Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and Headset CONSTANTLY DISCONNECTING from Xbox One X: My controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox One X, every 1-3min or so. I updated my controller but the problem got worse if anything. They used to work when plugged into my...
  9. Xbox controller constantly disconnecting during game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller constantly disconnecting during game.: We have multiple xboxes in our house without previous issue for the past 3 years. Now all of a sudden, all of our controllers are constantly disconnecting from the Xbox while getting the error...
  10. Xbox one controller disconnecting constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller disconnecting constantly: My Xbox one controller started acting up and randomly would unsync to my Xbox. Sometimes the light would flash but most of the time it won't even flash my game will just say controller...