Xbox one controller buttons: Mapped and working properly in Xbox Accessories app, buttons...

Discus and support Xbox one controller buttons: Mapped and working properly in Xbox Accessories app, buttons... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been using an Xbox One controller (via a USB cable) on my Windows 10 PC for a long time. After a windows update a few months back the buttons on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Stuuunad, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Stuuunad
    Stuuunad Guest

Xbox one controller buttons: Mapped and working properly in Xbox Accessories app, buttons...

I have been using an Xbox One controller (via a USB cable) on my Windows 10 PC for a long time. After a windows update a few months back the buttons on my controller stopped working properly.

As I said in the title, everything works properly when tested within the Xbox Accessories App, but in any game I launch the buttons do not work correctly.

For example:

If I press Left Bumper games detect it as Right on the DPAD

Right bumper = Left on the DPAD

A = B

B = X

X = Y

Y = A

..etc

I have tried: ensuring my windows 10 is fully up to date

I have tried different USB ports

I have uninstalled the xinput driver, reinstalled it, and rolled it back to a previous version with no luck.

I have tried on a wide variety of both new and old games with the same results.

The only thing I have yet to do is a fresh installation of Windows 10.

Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas on how to fix it? Several hours on Dr. Google weren't able to solve it, despite trying multiple different "solutions". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Stuuunad, Apr 7, 2020
  2. CamicaziBoss Win User

Cannot run when using a elite controller

I mapped one of the paddles to the left stick for sprinting in games on my Elite. Both the paddle and left stick click have been working fine.

Make sure your button is functioning properly in other games--it could be jammed. Also, double-check your button mapping (Xbox Accessories App) and controller settings (in the game).
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

adaptive controller

Hey there J K Twinkle!

Sorry to hear you are unable to map the Triggers to the A & B buttons. I did attempt to map my Adaptive controller and was able to do this through the Xbox accessories app.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support page for help on Mapping your Xbox One adaptive.

Once you are on the Button Mapping screen you can select the A button and you should see the options to map it to a specific function, in this case you would be looking for the Left Trigger. Same thing with the B button you will map that one to the Left
    Trigger.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adaptive controller

Hi there Geoffo,

Thanks for reaching out here in forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with button mapping the adaptive controller. I recommend to try the following resource article:

What external devices work with the Xbox Adaptive Controller?

The number of supported buttons will vary depending on the devices that are connected to the controller. For the best experience, remap the buttons using the Xbox Accessories app. For more info, see

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

How do u click stuff on Xbox one using controller

Is the controller defective? Do you have another one to try out? Did you or someone else re-map the buttons?

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/customize-standard-controller-with-accessories-app

https://www.howtogeek.com/254132/how-to-remap-your-xbox-one-controllers-buttons/
  6. Arminator Win User

Xbox 1s controller

Thema:

1. Xbox one controller buttons: Mapped and working properly in Xbox Accessories app, buttons... - Similar Threads - controller buttons Mapped

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  5. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  6. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  7. Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller: Hi, I'm writing about a feature that was recently released for Xbox Accessories, allowing controller buttons to be remapped so that they input keyboard keys when pressed. Here is a link to the...
  8. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat: Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do...
  9. Xbox PowerA Controller button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox PowerA Controller button mapping: I apologize if these questions have been asked before, but I recently bought a PowerA XBox controller, and it comes with two additional buttons, called advanced gaming buttons. I have two...
  10. Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share: I seriously wish I googled this b4 I bought the thing today 46165765-6bec-4e5d-b69d-955b8179e8da