Xbox One Controller button inputs are detected only on Xbox Accessories and Game Bar app,...

Discus and support Xbox One Controller button inputs are detected only on Xbox Accessories and Game Bar app,... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings there, last year I bought controller that came with adapter so I could play wirelessly on my computer (Windows 10). Gamepad worked fine until... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fantasticenny, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Xbox One Controller button inputs are detected only on Xbox Accessories and Game Bar app,...

Greetings there, last year I bought controller that came with adapter so I could play wirelessly on my computer (Windows 10). Gamepad worked fine until last month when all of my games suddenly for unknown reason stopped detecting button input from my controller except for one that opens Xbox Game Bar during in-game.

What strange is that Xbox Accessories and Game Bar app do recognize my controller as I could navigate through menu with no problem even when testing controller buttons on Accessories app, but on games it doesn't work no matter which button I try. So far I've tried every possible solution to fix occuring problem, but with no success like:

• Removing and reinstalling drivers
    • Updating controller's firmware through Accessories app
    • Updating Windows 10
    Additionaly, I thought the issue was coming from Steam Big Picture configurations, but even there Steam tells me that it can't detect my Xbox controller despite having it connected on PC. As I exhausted all possible solutions, I don't know what do next. If you've have been familiar with these issue before, please let me know. Thank you.

:)

fantasticenny, Nov 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox One Controller button inputs are detected only on Xbox Accessories and Game Bar app, but not on games.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this FANTASTICENNY

We can try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this please try:

0. Connect the controller to a different PC and check if something similar happens

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Disable completely steam controller input / configuration.
    Restart the PC and try again

D. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

holding x button in game opens up another screen

Are you playing on Windows 10 or Xbox One?

If on Xbox One, I would recommend checking out the
    Xbox Acessories app
    for if it's configured to open the guide when you hold the button down.

If on Windows 10, then I would recommend checking out the Game Bar settings in Settings > Gaming > Game Bar and see if you have a shortcut set to open that app.

Might also be an issue with the controller, where pressing the X button also inadvertently 'presses' the Guide button on the controller?

Anyways, let us know if you have any questions about that.

Best of luck!
  4. PetryBosch Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller Button Modular

Hi,

more info according joysticks and buttons for the adaptive controller can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

For programming the device you have to use the Xbox accessories app.

You can find it on your console or in the
    xbox store

in the app you can

• Assign up to 3 profiles to the controller

• Create and save up to 256 profiles in the app

• Remap all input ports

• Configure thumbstick sensitivity curves

• Change thumbstick calculation

• Configure Xbox button brightness

• Rename your controller

• Swap thumbstick X and Y axes

• Assign Shift button, and configure Shift inputs
  5. jacob ford1 Win User

How to map screen record/screenshot to Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on PC?

Being on PC, I have this issue as well. There is no way to map "take a screen shot" or "Start/stop Recording" to the Elite controller through the Xbox Game Bar, or Accessories App....the button mapping works fine on the accessories app, but the Game Bar application does not recognize the button inputs from the controller when attempting to assign a short cut. Short cuts must be assigned via Key Board currently, and the short cuts do not translate over IE: 'Shift - A' on the key board is not the equivalent of 'Shift-A' on the controller. To use the screenshot or recording feature on PC, I currently have quickly hit the short cut on the keyboard, then get back to the controller...very inefficient.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks

With the software you can at least verify if the adaptive controller is functioning correctly which will give you a better start point for troubleshooting.

you may want to check this link:

Customize adaptive controller

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

• The Xbox Accessories app is available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Adaptive Controller and plug the other end into
      your PC. For more info, see
      Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC
    • If the Xbox Accessories app isn’t installed on your PC, you can get it in the Microsoft Store.

Create profiles and switch between them

To create a controller profile:

1. Using your Xbox Adaptive Controller, open the Xbox Accessories app.
    2. Scroll to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, then select Configure.
    3. Select New profile, give your profile a name, then configure your changes.

Note Any button that you reassign will also apply to other inputs that have the same value. For example, if you reassign
      D-pad down on the face of the controller to the
      Y button , then the
      D-pad down 3.5mm port will also be assigned to the
      Y button .
    4. When you’re done, press the B button.
    Create multiple profiles in the app and switch between them using the Xbox Adaptive Controller’s built-in
    Profile button.

1. Open the Xbox Accessories app, scroll to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, then select
      Configure.
    2. In Profiles, select a controller profile you’ve created or create a new one.
    3. Choose a slot.
    You can assign a slot for up to three profiles. Press the Profile button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller to switch between them. When no bars appear lit next to the
    Profile button, the controller is using the default button mapping.
Thema:

Xbox One Controller button inputs are detected only on Xbox Accessories and Game Bar app,...

1. Xbox One Controller button inputs are detected only on Xbox Accessories and Game Bar app,... - Similar Threads - Controller button inputs

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  5. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  6. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  7. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...
  8. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  9. Controller doesn’t respond to buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn’t respond to buttons: I was watching a show, when the episode ended, so I turned my controller back on from sleep. But when the light stopped flashing and went solid, none of the buttons were doing anything, including...
  10. Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug: Some background: So the past 2 years I've been through 3 xbox controllers (2 xbox series x brand controllers, and a Razer Wolverine v2 wired controller). I'm not rough with them AT ALL. I don't...