Xbox One controller behaving erratically.

Discus and support Xbox One controller behaving erratically. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've searched the net for answer to this problem to no avail. My controller has started behaving a little weird. When I press the xbox button it will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GhostlierAnt1973, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Xbox One controller behaving erratically.

I've searched the net for answer to this problem to no avail.

My controller has started behaving a little weird.

When I press the xbox button it will take me to the home menu and show the sign in screen to the left but I cant move the controller up to access the friends, messages, settings at all. I've done a hard reset on the console, reset the controller, unplugged
    the power but none of these seem to work. At first I thought it was the console but my other controllers are working fine.

Any ideas.

cheers

Matt

:)

GhostlierAnt1973, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    Xbox turns itself on

What console do you have? An older model, or a newer one? If it's a newer one, please ensure the touch-sensitive buttons are clean. If they are, and the console is still behaving erratically, it sounds like your console may be in need of a repair, which
    you can set up here:
    support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Miss Portia, Sep 9, 2018
  3. recoome
    recoome Guest
    Kinect input delay

My Kinect seems to behave erratically every time I use it. I experience a slight bit of a delay in my action and the corresponding response of my on-screen character. Is there a way to fix it, or do I need to give it for repairs?

recoome, Sep 9, 2018
  4. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest

OK Fowl, Sep 9, 2018
  5. OK Fowl Win User

6. PietervdW Win User

Menu behaving erratic

unplug the console for five minutes. The plug back in, the if you can plug in the controller to the console and update the controller. And check settings under wireless and select restart wireless should help
    Hi, I had the unit unplugged for an entire day. Wired the controller directly to the console. Restarted but still same erratic behaviour when trying to navigate the screen.

Any other suggestions?
  7. PietervdW Win User

Menu behaving erratic

unplug the console for five minutes. The plug back in, the if you can plug in the controller to the console and update the controller. And check settings under wireless and select restart wireless should help

Hi, I had the unit unplugged for an entire day. Wired the controller directly to the console. Restarted but still same erratic behaviour when trying to navigate the screen.

Any other suggestions?
    I eventually managed to get to the Settings and did a Reset (without deleting the apps and games) - the XBox wireless controllers seems to be over- or under responsive - either jumping all over the place or not reacting at all. Should I get them serviced?
    Also checked that they have the latest firmware and this was fine.
  8. Itilianm0nst0r Win User

Menu behaving erratic

9. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox controller behaving erratically on windows 10 for Fifa 20

Hello KingJoker47,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This definitely seems to be a unique issue, as I am not able to find other instances of this issue either. Just in case some background apps are causing this issue, have you tried performing a clean boot? A
    “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Check out this link for detailed information and steps: How to perform a clean
    boot in windows
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller behaving erratically. - Similar Threads - controller behaving erratically

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  5. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  6. Xbox one pro controller set on fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one pro controller set on fire: So my Xbox one pro controller ignited in my hands last night on the 24th of April 2024 all I did was start up call of duty modern warfare 3 I was using some Duracell batteries in it but it got hot...
  7. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  8. Xbox controller warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller warranty: I purchased an xbox controller yesterday from EE and when i add the device to my microsoft account its saying warranty expired can anyone advise me on how to sort this please as i i dont want a...
  9. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  10. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controllers erratic