Xbox one controller appears as an Xbox controller

Discus and support Xbox one controller appears as an Xbox controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Having trouble with one of my controllers. It will only connect to the system when wired and won't even attempt to pair with the xbox. Pressing the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by treav123, Oct 16, 2017.

1. treav123
    treav123 Guest

Having trouble with one of my controllers. It will only connect to the system when wired and won't even attempt to pair with the xbox. Pressing the button to sync does nothing, no flashing lights, nothing. When looking at the controller
    in the settings of the xbox it appears as "xbox wireless controller" not as an xbox one controller. Firmware is up to date according to the system and my other controller continues to work without any issue. This is the controller that came with the console
    that I have had for about 2 weeks and am already having issues please help.

:)

treav123, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest
    Elite Contoller community configurations

Hi,

It appears that the issue is specifically with your Xbox Elite Controller. Here is a

link
    on how to use the Xbox Accessories app to configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller.

We'll keep an eye on your response.

Jomari Arc, Oct 16, 2017
  3. von zipp
    von zipp Guest
    Controller issues

hi, I am hoping someone can help me out. I recently updated my Xbox one. I have gone to update my controller and have been unable to, with the system advising me to only have one controller plugged in by usb at a time. I only have one controller. The system
    is recognising a controller when I have none plugged in by usb or turned on. I cannot update my controller. How do I go about removing a controller fro the Xbox one? It also appears that my controller is not charging either?

von zipp, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Mister Maka Win User

D-Pad Control of Headset Audio

Heya KovyKov!

It appears that the controller is an officially licensed controller, but it isn't an official Xbox One controller. Bethesda has some details on the controller's features over on

their store here, which include audio control through the D-Pad.

For official Xbox One controllers, audio control is either through the Stereo Headset Adapter or through the volume mixer in settings :)
  5. Verinen43 Win User

XBox One Controller stuck in DFU Mode

I don't have any means of accessing an XBox one, not that I know of at least. Powering off the PC with the controller plugged in and the powering it back up does nothing. Xbox accessories still can't see the controller, and it appears as XBox One Controller
    DFU in the device manager...
  6. Ennileah ☆ Win User

Elite controller

7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers can't be turned into wired ones with a Play & Charge. This is because even when wired, 360 wireless controllers remain wireless. The cable only provides power, no data is sent.

This is also why they don't appear in game controllers but the generic controller does.

To use a wireless 360 controller on Windows requires a gaming receiver. And the receiver must be for 360 controllers, the official receiver for Xbox One/Series controllers won't work.
  8. Jomari Arc Win User

Elite Contoller community configurations

Hi,

It appears that the issue is specifically with your Xbox Elite Controller. Here is a

link
    on how to use the Xbox Accessories app to configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller.

We'll keep an eye on your response.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller appears as an Xbox controller - Similar Threads - controller appears controller

2. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  3. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  4. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  5. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  6. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  7. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  8. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  9. my controllers don't appear to charge properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controllers don't appear to charge properly?: hi all, I've had my Xbox series X about a year and a half now, around a year a ago I bought 3 extra controllers (4 in total) and shortly after I bought the official rechargeable batteries, from...
  10. Control panel doesn't appear when pressing Home button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control panel doesn't appear when pressing Home button: The panel on the left hand side doesn't pop up any longer d852b78b-5c9d-4ad9-ba16-fb7d8c9a6d41