Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where.

Discus and support Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using my Xbox One (2013 Model) on my PC to play games for months using the USB wire it came with and all of a sudden today it stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cass_13, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Cass_13
    Cass_13 Guest

Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where.

I've been using my Xbox One (2013 Model) on my PC to play games for months using the USB wire it came with and all of a sudden today it stopped working.

1. Yes, I've checked the wire. There's power going through but the Xbox button will flash and not stay on like normal. I have even removed the rechargeable battery from the controller and the button still flashes.

2. I have checked my drivers and it says the controller is unplayable but there's no new driver update. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with no change.

3. I don't have a windows update and have restarted numerous times.

I'd love to get input from others or even Microsoft to tell me if they had stopped supporting this model of controller. Thanks.

:)

Cass_13, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Cass_13 Win User

Thanks for your insight Kimmy! Unfortunately I have attempted those steps from the support page already. This might be a situation where I have to replace my 10 year old controller but I'm hesitant as the controller was working the day before and I even tested my second controller with the same results. Thanks so much for your reply and if you encounter a solution or others with this issue please let me know. I have a suspicion Microsoft is no longer supporting this original model, oh well. Also if this helps you more I have a screenshot of what message I get when looking at the Xbox Peripherals section in my drivers (See attached).

Thanks, Cass

[​IMG]
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hello, Cass_13! Thanks for your reply and for trying to fix this on your end. Just to be sure, your second controller is still working, right? If you're getting the same error code when trying to update both of your controllers, it could be that the support content is no longer being maintained as the error suggest: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/error.... I am afraid your controller needs to be replaced.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Cass_13. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your issue with your controller. If you’ve already tried all tue steps provided here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne..., I am afraid you’ll need to consider getting it replaced. You can also try connecting it to another PC or Xbox to further confirm if it’s still working or not.
  5. Blake NL Win User

Why can I only connect one of my 2 controllers to my pc?

Im using it through installation but its not getting reconised by my pc. The controller alone works fine with my xbox however its working on my pc. Its the 1708 Model controller which is not working but my other one is also a 1708 Model but it is beeing recoised by my pc.
  6. jasonht87 Win User

Xbox One Elite Compatibility

All xbox one controllers work with all models of the xbox one (xbox one, xbox one s and the future project scorpio) You can also use these on PC with bluetooth if they have bluetooth, or plug in the USB cable to used them wired.
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where. - Similar Threads - controller 2013 Model

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  5. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  6. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  7. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  8. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  9. 2013 Xbox One controllers not connecting to PC or Xbox One via USB.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2013 Xbox One controllers not connecting to PC or Xbox One via USB.: I have two Xbox One(2013) controllers. Both of them have worked fine wirelessly, and connect to my Xbox One(2013) no problem. However, when I tried to connect them to my PC(Windows 10), nothing...
  10. Can't find a working remote control code for my element 40'' lcd hdtv from 2013

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't find a working remote control code for my element 40'' lcd hdtv from 2013: I'm trying to set up my XBox one console to remotely shut down/power up my 40'' Element LCD TV from 2013 but unfortunately none of the codes that I've found so far on the internet work. The most...