Xbox One control Drifting up

Discus and support Xbox One control Drifting up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've got an Xbox One controller which when I move up on the analogue stick it continues to move up even when I take my hand of the analogue stick.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xI Lynchy Ix, Jan 5, 2016.

1. xI Lynchy Ix
    xI Lynchy Ix Guest

Hi,

I've got an Xbox One controller which when I move up on the analogue stick it continues to move up even when I take my hand of the analogue stick. The only way to then stop this is to move the analogue stick in a different direction.

It's causing problems as on games I'm having to run backwards to stop myself moving.

What are the causes for this, and the possible solutions to fix it?

Regards,

Declan

:)

xI Lynchy Ix, Jan 5, 2016
  2. BenRC
    BenRC Guest
    BenRC, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Triggaaar
    Triggaaar Guest
    Controller analogue drift

Same has happened to both of my controllers. One on the left stick, one on the right. Both think they're being pushed slightly forward, and then once I move them they're ok again for a while.

I've tried resetting and re-syncing them etc. Not sure if it's a controller or console issue.

Did you do anything about yours?

Triggaaar, Jan 5, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Which type of controller is this?

And could you, in Settings, check to see if there is a firmware update for the controller? If so, apply that and see if it helps at all.

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Jan 5, 2016
  5. xI Lynchy Ix
    xI Lynchy Ix Guest
    Its an old style control, bought on the day of release.

I'll try this when I get home and let you know.

Thanks.

xI Lynchy Ix, Jan 5, 2016
  6. SK8LYF
    SK8LYF Guest
    I am having the same issue with my right joystick I've done everything as far as troubleshooting including hard resetting console applying controller updates and have called Xbox support 3 times to only be til I have to buy a new controller which to me is
    wrong because the controller is in mint condition never been dropped or misused in any way I've done all of research and this seems to be a big topic and on many threads it seems Xbox knows of tho issue but does not want to replace the faulty product in my
    experience I know companies that realize they have sent out a faulty product they recall It and fix the issue I've never had to rant about something with Microsoft I use all of their products including my phone but after being hung up on by Xbox support multiple
    times im a little bit angry considering I've been a customer for 7 years and deserve some type of quality help regarding my issues

SK8LYF, Feb 1, 2016
  7. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Typically when a controller get stick drift the best thing to do is replace the controller.

If it is still under warranty you can sent it in for repair/replacement
    http://support.xbox.com/

Good Luck!

{Parity}, Feb 2, 2016
  8. SK8LYF
    SK8LYF Guest

Well its not under warranty and Xbox isn't willing to fix it that's my issuei would gladly do what I needed to so I don't have to spend 60$ on a new controller its not right my 360 never had an issue like this

SK8LYF, Feb 2, 2016
  9. dringy4life
    dringy4life Guest
    Im getting drift on my second controller which I bought to replace my controller that came with the console, exact same issue on both. There surely is a fix for this because there is no way I am buying a third controller. My 360 controllers lasted years
    for crying out loud!

dringy4life, Feb 18, 2016
  10. Sam Peak
    Sam Peak Guest
    After doing an update on my xbox one wireless controller, which was necessary so that I couldon't use my new headset, the left analogue stick is drifting up which has made it almost impossible to play any games. How can I fix this issue or get a replacement
    controller.

Sam Peak, Feb 18, 2016
  11. The 3D Analog Joystick Stick Sensor Module Potentiometer is broken. Mine broke just few weeks ago and there is not much to do. You might try to clean the stick from inside and hope it would work later.

There is plenty YouTube videos for this.

More complex way is to open the controller, desolder broken stick and replace it with new one. I'll do this 'coz otherwise I would just lose 50€.

Of course if its still under warranty, use it.

EbolaCola FIN, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Mister Maka Win User

my center point keeps shifting up when scoping in also when just running. sigle player and multiplay

Hey there.

Not quite understanding what you mean by centerpoint. Is the controller drifting up? For steps on drifting controllers, check out our

Xbox One Controller Troubleshooter
    . Unfortunately for drifting issues, the controller would need to be repaired or replaced depending on your warranty status.
  13. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
  14. [Farscape] Win User

Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad?

they have turned into apple, they sell inferior cheap tack at a premium price.

I have seen loads and loads of posts about stick drift on a lot of new controllers, not just elite.

Best thing is i have three xbox one s controllers, all with drift on the left thumbstick, seems to be an issue when you click it in repeatedly for running in games it then gets drift very quickly. (mainly drifting up)

I bought a power A controller with two rear buttons and low and behold no drift even after three months of use.
  15. Sam Peak Win User

After doing an update on my xbox one wireless controller, which was necessary so that I couldon't use my new headset, the left analogue stick is drifting up which has made it almost impossible to play any games. How can I fix this issue or get a replacement
    controller.
  16. {Parity} Win User

Typically when a controller get stick drift the best thing to do is replace the controller.

If it is still under warranty you can sent it in for repair/replacement
    http://support.xbox.com/

Good Luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox One control Drifting up - Similar Threads - control Drifting

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  5. My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...: Is this fixable? The remote is still under warranty until 2025 e47b0853-a9a3-4aaa-9320-9f88a4592785
  6. Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?: I've had the Xbox Series X and its controller for around 2 years now. (Probably past the warranty sadly.) I also have many other controllers with analog sticks on them. I've had a Nintendo Switch...
  7. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  8. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  9. Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller: The controller sometimes doesn't register any upwards movements, or just gets stuck between up and down on the left analog stick. After looking up the issue, it appears that many other people have...
  10. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...