Xbox One console will not turn on. Power supply LED is a static, "orange" color, not blinking.

Discus and support Xbox One console will not turn on. Power supply LED is a static, "orange" color, not blinking. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a first generation Xbox One. Recently, the console stopped turning on. I've tried both pushing the button and using an Xbox controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crabbyanne, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Crabbyanne
    Crabbyanne Guest

Xbox One console will not turn on. Power supply LED is a static, "orange" color, not blinking.

I have a first generation Xbox One. Recently, the console stopped turning on. I've tried both pushing the button and using an Xbox controller and/or MS Xbox One remote, neither will turn on the box. I have unplugged all cables to the console and TV,
    disconnected the Kinect and have removed the power supply from power as well. I let the box sit this way for up to an hour in order to ensure the power supply dissipated any additional stored power held internally to the supply. I've done this several
    times however, after reconnecting the box, the same condition exists.

I saw another post about holding the power button for 10+ seconds, then touching again to restart. This did not work either. (The XBox console does not have a mechanical "push" type button, it is a touch sensor. Same with the Kinect)

In addition to the above, I can hear the very feint 'beep' sound when touching the 'on' button and also when touching the 'eject' button on the console. Still the console does not turn on.

So, one of two conditions exist, the console needs repair or I need a new power supply. Anyone here have experience with this and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

:)

Crabbyanne, Dec 4, 2017
  2. AJ Perez
    AJ Perez Guest
    How to replace the power supply

AJ Perez, Dec 4, 2017
  3. XBOX will not start.

Hi there Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out! Sounds like your troubleshooting your
    Power Supply for the Xbox One

• The Power supply LED on your power supply, Is the unit light still on, or has it turned off or started blinking? The color white/amber will happen when it filters the power in the surge protector.
    • When troubleshooting take a look at the LED light, does it stay solid or blink (light turns off and on)?

Hope this helps. Let us know.

XBF Crystal P, Dec 4, 2017
  4. Dadwhite
    Dadwhite Guest

Dadwhite, Dec 8, 2017
  5. Dadwhite Win User

6. XBF Crystal P Win User

XBOX will not start.

Hi there Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out! Sounds like your troubleshooting your
    Power Supply for the Xbox One

• The Power supply LED on your power supply, Is the unit light still on, or has it turned off or started blinking? The color white/amber will happen when it filters the power in the surge protector.
    • When troubleshooting take a look at the LED light, does it stay solid or blink (light turns off and on)?

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  7. AJ Perez Win User

How to replace the power supply

I called phone support and they have opened a repair request for me.

Surprisingly, the support guy said that what needs to be repaired is the console, not the power supply.

I thought that 3 red lights + orange power supply led = bad power supply. That's what the online troubleshooting wizard says. Apparently, it's wroooooong. It's a power supply fault if the led is BLINKING in orange. If it's orange, but it's not blinking, then is a hardware problem in the console. Damned if I understand anything!
  8. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox not powering on and no display on TV through HDMI

May I know if after resetting your Xbox One power supply the light color was a steady orange or light, or was the power supply light blinking?
  9. XBF Chris J Win User

Netzteil neu X-box zeigt kein Bild [Edit - Transaltion] - Power supply new X-box shows no picture

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Is this a first-party power supply that you got or a third-party one? How does the Power supply act when you turn on the console? Is the LED light white, orange or blinking orange? Let us know these details
    so that we can better assist with this issue.

Thank you
Thema:

1. Xbox One console will not turn on. Power supply LED is a static, "orange" color, not blinking. - Similar Threads - console turn Power

2. For some reason when I turn on my xbox, it says preparing console, and then takes me to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason when I turn on my xbox, it says preparing console, and then takes me to the...: I already factory reset it(keep games and apps) , and reset the xbox. aba831c5-61c6-460d-81f6-487260017000
  3. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  4. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  5. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  6. turn of osk on console ms edge

in XBoX on Windows
    turn of osk on console ms edge: The on-screen keyboard pops up in consoles ms edge how do I prevent this? f07e1380-4a9f-4c08-bce7-1b0b5f7c9f05
  7. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  8. “Turning on console with controllers but only controller turns on, not console”

in XboX Insiders
    “Turning on console with controllers but only controller turns on, not console”: Hey guys, It’s been exactly a month now (from after download Decembers Beta Update) where I’m experiencing an issue where whenever I turn on my Xbox controller for my Xbox series X, my console...
  9. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  10. My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...: My Xbox won't power up. The power supply has an amber led and the unit makes the power sound. The power led lit once, but not since. Help! 69719a45-9e81-4d54-a725-c491bb5dad50