Xbox One console stuck on update screen

Discus and support Xbox One console stuck on update screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have been struggling to access my device as I keep getting error code: 0x80070070. The error code points to device storage, but I've cleared up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ARJ_1727, Sep 29, 2022.

1. ARJ_1727
    ARJ_1727 Guest

Hi,

I have been struggling to access my device as I keep getting error code: 0x80070070. The error code points to device storage, but I've cleared up my device as much as I possibly can. The console keeps showing I need to update but that I need internet connection. I've connected through wired internet, and it pops up as connected but then goes back to the update screen and shows the same error. I've tried restarting console, modem, reset console but nothing helps as the console is now unusable. It updates to 2% and then goes back to the error screen.

If anyone has some advice on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

:)

ARJ_1727, Sep 29, 2022
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

xbox one wont load past green screen

Hello Preston,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One is stuck on a green screen after you turn it on. A console that is stuck on the green screen during start up is usually an indication of an issue with a system update. We have a
    support article that provides troubleshooting for an
    Xbox One that's stuck on a green screen
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    Preston!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one green title screen then blank.

Hello zealotTF,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One is going to a green screen on start up and gets stuck on a black screen eventually. Usually, an Xbox One that is stuck on the green or black screen means the console's update affected
    the console negatively. We recommend
    power cycling the console
    by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Also, we have a support article that provides troubleshooting for an

Xbox One that is stuck on the green or black screen
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    zealotTF!
  4. DigitalAssassin Win User

Frozen home screen

What do you mean it opens at your home screen and then nothing? Are you stuck on the dashboard or is it a black or green screen?

If you are stuck on a black or green screen you can try the offline diagnostic tool that has helped people get passed the blank screen before:

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-solution
  5. ARJ_1727 Win User

Hi Derek,

Thanks so much, I will try the offline update. Hopefully it sorts out the issue.

Appreciate it.
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

ARJ, If your console is in the Insider program, this solution will not work ok?

Try to update the console offline, using a PC and USB.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. Xbox One console stuck on update screen - Similar Threads - console stuck update

2. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  3. my console is stuck on 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    my console is stuck on 640x480: My console went to 640x480 resolution an i can't change it back to 1080p the option is not available under the display settings 8297adc3-b5bb-4dcd-8f3b-b45fadba5548
  4. Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today,: Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today, I went through all forums and steps but still the same. Now i have left with option to get OSU2 update first or OSU. Because i can...
  5. The controllers of my console were stuck with the cams up, I am already tired of this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The controllers of my console were stuck with the cams up, I am already tired of this...: The controllers of my console were stuck with the cams up, I am already tired of this happening to me, since then I can only see the screen and try to control this error to try to play but I would...
  6. Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X): Hi I am using a Fanatec CSL DD wheel base with Mclaren GT3 V2. I can nevigate in the console main page. However, D-pad stuck on "UP" when I am in game. With the wheel base contected, the D-pad is...
  7. my xbox app on both my phone keep getting stuck at the "Turn on your console and sign in...

in XboX Insiders
    my xbox app on both my phone keep getting stuck at the "Turn on your console and sign in...: ive turned my xbox off and on multiple times and it doesnt work. i tried it in the home screen and while a games lobby. submitted by /u/cosmicdomoto [link] [comments]
  8. I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...: My hdmi port broke so i got a different xbox one console, and swapped the disks with the one from my old xbox and now I can't get passed the "something went wrong" screen. I don't want to wipe it,...
  9. one day my xbox one s froze on a game so i turned the console off and now its stuck on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    one day my xbox one s froze on a game so i turned the console off and now its stuck on...: one day my xbox one s froze on a game so i turned the console off and now its stuck on preparing console and its on 50% and i cant factory reset it or anything 10bc90d9-4eb6-450b-8757-7867e3d764b0
  10. Please Help consol stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help consol stuck: I just wanted to boot my xbox one and its now stuck on the green loading screen, i tried everything i knew that could help. fdbc189f-7ecd-4e9e-913e-3749cd1ba495