Xbox one console loses all settings when rebooted.

Discus and support Xbox one console loses all settings when rebooted. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one has stopped remembering anything. Every time i start it or reboot it resets the time zone, language and location settings. I also have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeterNicholls2, Aug 15, 2020.

  1. Xbox one console loses all settings when rebooted.


    My xbox one has stopped remembering anything. Every time i start it or reboot it resets the time zone, language and location settings. I also have to logon again with my microsoft account. Any guest profiles i had are also gone. I have tried resetting
    to factory settings, but it hasnt helped. Has anyone seen anything like this? Any help would be appreciated.

    :)
     
    PeterNicholls2, Aug 15, 2020
    #1
  2. Mister Mascot Win User

    Console reboots when exiting settings

    Hey there GeoKetch,

    Sorry to hear about the issue with the console rebooting. Are you by chance in the Xbox One preview program? If so, you'll want to post about this in the preview forums so the proper teams can take a closer look with you if so.

    To clarify, when you reset the console did you mean a power cycle where you turned it on and off? Or a reset where you

    Factory Reset
    the console to default state?
  3. GeoKetch Win User

    Console reboots when exiting settings

    I did a factory reset. I will also move this to the preview forums.
  4. BusGod Win User

    CRASH - Forza crashes since Feb. 18th update, Titanfall frozen too

    When you say hard reboot what did you do? I would use this technique: With the console on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5 seconds until it shuts off. Unplug the power supply, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it in and reboot. You
    should see the green Xbox One splash screen upon reboot. It may take a minute to boot all the way to the home screen.

    At this point, you may have to do a default settings- you wont lose your game saves- they are in the cloud, but yes it will take time.
  5. Rémi Chambard Win User

    My xbox one does not update the games or the software

  6. CabezaDeHueso Win User

    Xbox one tv stopped working.

    I also get the same problem and when I do, I also lose the power settings for the TV and cable box. It's as though it doesn't know they are there. I do the hard reboot by unplugging the xbox one for a minute and then everything works fine
Thema:

Xbox one console loses all settings when rebooted.

Loading...
  1. Xbox one console loses all settings when rebooted. - Similar Threads - console loses settings

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. XSX 2020 MODEL: Resetting a console without losing any purchased content (Including in-game...

    in XboX Insiders
    XSX 2020 MODEL: Resetting a console without losing any purchased content (Including in-game...: Wanting to reset to factory settings. I’m only getting 25mb upload speeds with 1,100mb download speeds. The up used to be 40 not sure why it dropped so low. But want to make sure when I factory...
  8. Every time I lose the internet my Xbox deactivates it being my Home console.

    in XboX Insiders
    Every time I lose the internet my Xbox deactivates it being my Home console.: This happens every single time the internet goes out. When I get it back I make sure to make my Series X my Home console. Then the next time the internet goes I can’t play anything and it tells me...
  9. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  10. Why is My XBOX series X losing wifi and requires a console reset to restore it?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is My XBOX series X losing wifi and requires a console reset to restore it?: My Xbox series X keeps losing the Wifi settings after being powered off. When I power it on it says no connection, then when I go to wifi settings it cannot find my wifi or any wifi connections....