Xbox one console keeps shutting down itself

Discus and support Xbox one console keeps shutting down itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, a few months ago my power adaptor got damaged due to high power voltage and I was busy so I didn't boarder to get a new one until... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bashkat, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Bashkat
    Bashkat Guest

Hello everyone, a few months ago my power adaptor got damaged due to high power voltage and I was busy so I didn't boarder to get a new one until recently. After I plugged everything on a few minutes later my console started to shut itself down happens
    every time I power it back on, anyone with a suggestion on how to fix this please?

:)

Bashkat, Oct 1, 2020
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Bashkat,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to deal with this issue. I can totally understand how this could be pretty discouraging. I suggest trying the steps outlined in our support page entitled

turning off.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reading!
  3. Irixion Win User

console shutting down by itself.

It's overheating. Make sure the vents are clean and that the console has enough space for ventilation (about 2 inches on every side). If it still overheats, move it to an area with more ventilation. If it's out in the open, then it needs to be serviced.
  4. ellerem Win User

console shutting down by itself.

Hello,

This can be caused by several issues. i would suggest that you firstly check what your Auto-Off settings are.

1. Go to the SETTINGS page which is the page far right from the home page

2. Select SYSTEM

3. Select CONSOLE SETTINGS

4. Select START UP & SHUT DOWN

5. Select AUTO-OFF

6. Disable this setting

7. Turn off the console. Wait about 10 minutes, and then turn the console back on.

There are some other solutions or things to try here if the above does not work :

support.xbox.com/.../console-turns-off-unexpectedly

That or let me know and I'll help further or feel free to pop by the Ambassador chat room.

Good luck & happy gaming
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Positioning of Xbox One S for Ventilation

Ventilation tips for keeping an Xbox One console cool can be found here: Ventilation for the Xbox
    One Console

The Xbox One S is mainly ventilated through the circular hole on top, and the sides of the console. I wouldn't recommend keeping it inside a closed space, but if it's getting fresh, cool air from somewhere, and the console is not shutting itself down to
    protect from overheating, then it should be okay.
  6. MelanieStrosin Win User

Ark can't play just keeps shutting itself down

i tried but that didin't work keeps shutting itself down
Thema:

1. Xbox one console keeps shutting down itself - Similar Threads - console keeps shutting

2. Console keeps freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console keeps freezing: My son received an Xbox Series X for Christmas from his dad. Everything was going fine until a few weeks ago when his games started freezing. It is now all games, and the console will just freeze...
  3. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  4. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  5. My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect: I just got a Lenovo laptop and gaming on it works with my hot spot but it keeps saying it won’t connect with Internet. I keep getting the error “we found your console but can’t connect....
  6. How can i fix the “keep the console cool”

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i fix the “keep the console cool”: I have been playing xbox for a while now and nothing like this has happened in a while every time i play call of duty modern warfare 3 not even like 10-15 minutes in and i get this message it’s...
  7. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  8. Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...: I posted another thread on this which went unsolved. I have a new Xbox series x purchase 9 of 23. Whenever I play any multiplayer games online like call of duty, fortnite, battlefield 2043,...
  9. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...: I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot...
  10. I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...: I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on I get a message to go to microsoft.com/link and enter a code. Where do I enter the code? c3e4ec3b-c415-46cb-bb34-bcea4197c1b4