Xbox one console burning

Discus and support Xbox one console burning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been playing a game on my xbox one (original) when all of a sudden a loud popping sound happened and the console turned off, there were no fans... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fox6847, Dec 28, 2021.

  1. Fox6847
    Fox6847 Guest

    Xbox one console burning


    I have been playing a game on my xbox one (original) when all of a sudden a loud popping sound happened and the console turned off, there were no fans running or anything inside so I am puzzled to think it may have overheated as a very slight burning smell is present. The xbox hadn't been turned on for a few days and now I'm effectively consoleless.... Any support is welcome on how to fix the issue.

    Thank you,

    :)
     
    Fox6847, Dec 28, 2021
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    Xbox one console burning

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    That sounds like a hardware issue and the console will need to be repaired. Since I believe the console is out of warranty, I'll suggest you take it to a local departmental store so their repair department can fix it for you and you can take it home the same day.
  3. Fox6847 Win User

    Xbox one console burning

    Sounds good, I just have no clue about console repair shops around my location, it was all so random, one minute i'm playing a game, the next, it's popped and wont turn on. Support are trying to help but I think even they aren't sure.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox one console burning

    if coming from the power supply cable area then it will be the external power supply, i would replace this, but you need to find a reputable seller that has an original and not some cheap chinese knock off power supply. i would not even bother having the psu repaired as it is a liability now.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox one console burning

    sounds like a capacitor or coil has blown, you would need to take to a local repair shop for them to take a look, if a cap then it is a simple repair for those that know what they are doing and is not that expensive.
  6. Fox6847 Win User

    Xbox one console burning

    They seem to think its the power cable as I can smell burning coming from it.
Thema:

Xbox one console burning

Loading...
  1. Xbox one console burning - Similar Threads - console burning

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  10. Question about Xbox Beta console

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about Xbox Beta console: My console is currently in beta and I’m wondering how I get into alpha to do alpha skip ahead? The new updates look real cool and I’d love to test them out if possible. submitted by...