Xbox one console burning

Discus and support Xbox one console burning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been playing a game on my xbox one (original) when all of a sudden a loud popping sound happened and the console turned off, there were no fans... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fox6847, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Fox6847
    Fox6847 Guest

Xbox one console burning

I have been playing a game on my xbox one (original) when all of a sudden a loud popping sound happened and the console turned off, there were no fans running or anything inside so I am puzzled to think it may have overheated as a very slight burning smell is present. The xbox hadn't been turned on for a few days and now I'm effectively consoleless.... Any support is welcome on how to fix the issue.

Thank you,

:)

Fox6847, Dec 28, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox one console burning

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

That sounds like a hardware issue and the console will need to be repaired. Since I believe the console is out of warranty, I'll suggest you take it to a local departmental store so their repair department can fix it for you and you can take it home the same day.
  3. Fox6847 Win User

Xbox one console burning

Sounds good, I just have no clue about console repair shops around my location, it was all so random, one minute i'm playing a game, the next, it's popped and wont turn on. Support are trying to help but I think even they aren't sure.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox one console burning

if coming from the power supply cable area then it will be the external power supply, i would replace this, but you need to find a reputable seller that has an original and not some cheap chinese knock off power supply. i would not even bother having the psu repaired as it is a liability now.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox one console burning

sounds like a capacitor or coil has blown, you would need to take to a local repair shop for them to take a look, if a cap then it is a simple repair for those that know what they are doing and is not that expensive.
  6. Fox6847 Win User

Xbox one console burning

They seem to think its the power cable as I can smell burning coming from it.
Thema:

Xbox one console burning

1. Xbox one console burning - Similar Threads - console burning

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  5. How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned: I bought an xbox one s console and i had my friend giving me his account that has gamepass on it i played with it for about 2 weeks and it got banned. and i ask my other friend to give me his...
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...: I'm tired & I don't know what to do next maybe failure of hardware & some other conditions ba7728e6-4a71-4817-b570-f87f13f369c3
  9. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  10. When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c56da21c-daf2-404a-bc36-10e94434f9a0