Xbox one console, a button not registering just flashing. New controller so not controller...

Discus and support Xbox one console, a button not registering just flashing. New controller so not controller... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any advice on how to resolve the problem? bc370e69-41c1-4557-b762-23982b1b38c1 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Louise Patullo, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Xbox one console, a button not registering just flashing. New controller so not controller...

Any advice on how to resolve the problem?

:)

Louise Patullo, Nov 8, 2022
  2. Hey Papi Win User

Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working

I have had the same issue with the new design of the controller not registering proper clicks but I think its just a design flaw because it does work just have to make sure you are properly clicking the controller button. I have noticed that the new design
    has the xbox home button flush with the controller face so it's not as easy to click the button to the point that the controller registers the action to the console. It takes some getting use to IMO. The initial design of the controller has the xbox home button
    slightly lifted from the face plate of the controller making it easier to feel and get proper textured feedback when pressed down. Though I'm not sure if the new design has anything different about the depth and pressure needed to press before xbox home button
    registers but that can be part of the issue as well.
  3. MenaBear Win User

Keeps disconnecting

Hi,

My Xbox One controller randomly disconnects. I have tried to sync the controller to my console, but the controller continues to flash, even after the console’s “X” has stopped flashing. This is a brand new Sport Blue, wireless controller, so I know its
    not the controller. My old controller works fine, so it can’t be the console. Right?
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

Can’t connect wireless controller

Turn on your Xbox One.
    Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button. The Xbox button will flash.
    Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox.
    Xbox One S console. The Pair button is on the front lower right, next to the Infrared receiver and blaster.
    Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller's Pair button (a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times. That means it's searching for a console. The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected. Hope this helps
  5. CapnJackrabbit Win User

Xbox 1 controller

So your controller only works with an USB cable, correct? Does it turn on? If so, does it keep flashing?

If an Xbox controller turns on (wirelessly) and the light keeps flashing, it means that it's not synchronized with the console. You can press the button right next to your controller's USB port, then press the button on the left side of your console, near your
    disk drive.

Have you considered connecting another controller? Perhaps borrowing from a friend... maybe it's an issue with your controller. Just a thought.

Best regards!
  6. Internet Expert Win User

De-linking a controller from PC, without using the PC?

You will need to press and hold the controller's "bind" button (small button near the left bumper on top of the controller) until the glowing Xbox logo flashes. Then, press the "bind" button on the console until its Xbox logo flashes. When both devices are
    flashing, they will eventually connect and stop blinking.

More details: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller
Thema:

Xbox one console, a button not registering just flashing. New controller so not controller...

1. Xbox one console, a button not registering just flashing. New controller so not controller... - Similar Threads - console button registering

2. Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S: I've had my Xbox One S for a few years and one day the sync button just stopped working. It wirelessly connects still but the sync will not work. Sometimes after I use a wire for a long time it...
  3. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  4. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  5. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  6. I have tried to redeem a code on the Xbox console but when I clicked the ‘A’ button to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have tried to redeem a code on the Xbox console but when I clicked the ‘A’ button to...: I have tried to redeem a code on the Xbox console but when pressing the ‘A’ button to confirm nothing happened! I then tried to redeem it via the website to be told that the code had already been...
  7. [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?: Been happening since my console updated and didn't start back up after a restart during the update 7d44bbf0-c127-48f6-8191-b67abafd8ba6
  8. My xbox one X power button is not lighting up, but the console works fine. Can i get some...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one X power button is not lighting up, but the console works fine. Can i get some...: I need help on how to resolve my issue on the front light on my xbox one x not lighting up. cfbbcfc4-8bda-4dcb-adb4-ad5ae6d461e6
  9. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...: I have xbox one s. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything what to do 3a9362ba-c611-4df0-bda4-b239164c0548
  10. Holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds reset my console to scratch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds reset my console to scratch.: I went to turn my Xbox off by holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds to make sure that it was fully shut down. However when I restarted my console all my profiles were removed, my...