Xbox one connect to sound bar via hdmi arc

Discus and support Xbox one connect to sound bar via hdmi arc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought Kilpsch sound bar RSB-6 with HDMI arc function. However, it doesnt work whe I connect Xbox with RSB-6, from where connects wuth... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CJ1216, Nov 29, 2020.

1. CJ1216
    CJ1216 Guest

Hello,

I just bought Kilpsch sound bar RSB-6 with HDMI arc function.

However, it doesnt work whe I connect Xbox with RSB-6, from where connects wuth another HDMI wire to TV arc port. (Toshiba 43U6840VS) Screen blank and no sound.

I dont know which part goes wrong......abd please help!!

Thank you

Charles

:)

CJ1216, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Chainsaw Monday Win User

Certain games on my Xbox series x launch with no sound

I also have the same setup. Xbox Series X conneted to Samsung TV via HDMI. Samsung TV connected to a Klipsch sound bar via HDMI ARC. Experiencing the same issue described by many others.
  3. JimmiGenius Win User

5.1 Uncompressed audio via HDMI connection

After reading some other forums, I changed the Video setting on the Xbox One from "Auto-detect" to "HDMI." After doing this, I was able to select "5.1 uncompressed" from the audio menu on the Xbox without getting an error. However, at
    this point, I was getting no sound. After a few hours of frustration (I thought it might be an HDMI handshake issue), I decided to hook my Xbox One directly to my sound bar via an extra HDMI input on the sound bar and then hook the sound bar up to my TV using
    my HDMI ARC input. I now have surround sound!

The downside is that when I switch HDMI inputs on the TV, I have to switch inputs on the sound bar as well. I thought the promise of ARC was that the TV would act as the switcher for audio.

I won't complain at this point, but any thoughts on why I would need to hook the Xbox One directly to my sound bar for surround sound to work vs. hooking the sound bar up to my ARC input? When I didn't have a direct HDMI connection between the Xbox One
    and the sound bar, I could get stereo uncompressed sound just fine. Is it a limitation of the TV? Could it be an outdated HDMI cord? Any thoughts appreciated.
  4. paddygunner Win User

Audio set up issues

I’m very happy with mine too, however, when I use the sound bar for pass through and select arc I get no sound or picture and have to run it through the hdmi option. If I connect the Xbox to the tv hdmi 2 and then the sound bar to hdmi 3(arc) I get picture
    with no sound despite all settings suggesting that it should work. If I use an in built app on the tv and watch it through arc it works perfectly. All mildly frustrating.
  5. Mythic Sandman Win User

One S connected to soundbar for atmos, screen flashes

Found this:

1. Update firmwares for TV, XB1S & Sound bar.
    2. XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) goes to Sound bar HDMI IN. (DOES NOT GO TO TV)
    3. Sound bar HDMI ARC OUT goes to TV HDMI ARC.
    4. TV AUDIO set to PCM. TV VIDEO set to ARC.
    5. Sound bar audio set to HDMI IN. (NOT HDMI ARC)
    6. XB1S Video set to 4K UHD.
    7. XB1S Audio set to ATMOS.
    *Most importantly, XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) DOES NOT GO TO TV, BUT GOES TO Sound bar IN! XB1S HDMI IN Should NOT BE USED!
  6. BackwoodsRT Win User

5.1 Uncompressed audio via HDMI connection

Can you provide an update for your situation? I tried the optical connection first and it worked fine, but hooking everything up using HDMI is not working for sound. Here's my setup...I have a UHD Samsung TV, Cisco cable box, Xbox One, and a Vizio S5451w-C2
    sound bar. The Vizio sound bar has a HDMI ARC connection option. I have my connections set up as follows ALL WITH HDMI CONNECTIONS::

Cable box --> Xbox One --> Vizio sound bar (HDMI Input) --> Vizio sound bar (HDMI Output)--> Samsung UHD TV (HDMI ARC)

I can get video just fine using this connection, but NO sound. My TV settings are good to go, but I'm wondering if there is some Xbox audio setting that is the final piece to this puzzle. Currently, my "HDMI audio" is set to "5.1 uncompressed" and "Bitstream
    format" is set to "DTS Digital Surround". Does anyone know if these are correct or if there is something I'm missing?
Thema:

1. Xbox one connect to sound bar via hdmi arc - Similar Threads - connect sound bar

2. I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...: I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI ports etc but to no avail...help please?! 414ddbaa-bf63-4a34-b7b2-c036068aa54b
  3. How do I connect my external sonos sound system to the xbox X (not series)

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect my external sonos sound system to the xbox X (not series): I’ve had the first generation Xbox for a while now. I just upgraded and bought the Xbox X, however, there’s no audio coming out of my Sonos sound system. With the first generation Xbox, the sound...
  4. How do i get sound from my headset when connected to the controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get sound from my headset when connected to the controller: whenever I connect my wired headset to the Xbox x controller I cannot hear anything in my headset, although before i could randomly it just stopped i tried restarting my console and charged my...
  5. Why is myXbox tv is showing no signal when turning the xbox on but sound is connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is myXbox tv is showing no signal when turning the xbox on but sound is connected?: My Xbox tv is showing no signal when turning the xbox on, however the sound is connected and i can use the controller to scroll and hear the sound, but no screen. yesterday i was trying some...
  6. I want to know If there any video and sound adaptor to connect my xbox to my laptop screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know If there any video and sound adaptor to connect my xbox to my laptop screen.: Hello, I am going to buy a new Xbox but I have a problem. I don't have a 120hz monitor or tv for it. i will like to see if there is a way I can connect the Xbox with an HDMI cable to my laptop...
  7. XBOX One won't connect to VIZIO SB3622n-E8 sound bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX One won't connect to VIZIO SB3622n-E8 sound bar: Hey, so I just got a VIZIO soundbar but my TV (WestingHouse) does not have a digital optical audio port so i figured id connect the soundbar to my xbox one but the soundbar seems to not connect to...
  8. xbox 1 rig headset cannot get it to connect to my new controller no sound no mic

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 1 rig headset cannot get it to connect to my new controller no sound no mic: Tried new headset. Seems xbox won't recogonize it. Tried putting in my old headset which I had sound on but no mic, now no sound no mic for the other controller. Help...
  9. Is it possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF?: Would it be possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF? I want to be able to run the Xbox's audio through the sound card to which I have my headphones connected....
  10. How to connect sound bar and xb1

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect sound bar and xb1: Just bought an ilive 37 in sb. I currently have my direct and tv running to my xbox 1. How do I connect my sb so that I can get sound when watching TV and playing games? Sound bar has red/white...