Xbox one clicking slowly!?!?

Discus and support Xbox one clicking slowly!?!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to start up my Xbox to no avail. Tried the manual reset and it does not work. Now i had it turned on and after 20 minutes it started... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chewieisSOLO, Oct 12, 2017.

1. chewieisSOLO
    chewieisSOLO Guest

I have been trying to start up my Xbox to no avail. Tried the manual reset and it does not work. Now i had it turned on and after 20 minutes it started clicking (sound from inside console) I'm freaking out! HELP ME!

:)

chewieisSOLO, Oct 12, 2017
  2. Xbox one headset making beeping sounds?

Hey dude. I had the SAME problem and tweeted xbox about it. I fixed the problem on my own headset by rapidly clicking the mute button on the headset while slowly plugging it into the controller. Give it a shot!

NEAT0 BURRIT0, Oct 12, 2017
  3. JoshAdd87
    JoshAdd87 Guest
    Xbox one console making clicking noise AND now games are running slowly (offline)

Yea. I just picked up the madden bundle a couple of days ago and was experiencing the same noises. Very annoying as I don't watch things very loud so I can still hear it lol. So I returned to the store, got another madden bundled unit and exact same issue.
    Thinking advance replacement is going to be the way to go. Frustrating but as long as I have a quiet, working unit by the end of next week I'll be happy.

JoshAdd87, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Xbox one clicking slowly!?!?

Hey there chewieisSOLO,

This could be hardware related, are you able to pinpoint where the noise is coming from?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there chewieisSOLO,

This could be hardware related, are you able to pinpoint where the noise is coming from?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. CASTERTR0Y666 Win User

PLZ help i cant sprint in MW3

Never heard of that one. I have to get a new controller about once a year, as constant holding forward and click to sprint makes my character move forward slowly without moving the stick.
  7. IceJaiden Win User

Xbox one console making clicking noise AND now games are running slowly (offline)

Thing is though this shouldn't still be happening after nearly 9 months on.
  8. Woodhead-E3D7E906-F7 Win User

Just lined up an advanced exchange. For ~$16 they send me a refurbished console and when it gets here I ship back the noisy one.

Really hope the one they send me is quiet. I already feel abused by the whole ordeal, but if they send me a used console with the same problem I'll be done with Microsoft for good.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

I'm certain that your console is faulty. The clicking noise you are hearing may actually be coming from the hard drive. Faulty hard drives can make this sound it's own as the 'hard drive click of death'. Since all Xbox One games need to be installed to
    the hard drive, the crashes could well be related to this.

This isn't an issue that regularly pops up on the Xbox One, after all, it only uses the same type of hard drive as your typical laptop. I think this is where your issue is.

Either way it needs to be replaced/repaired.
Thema:

1. Xbox one clicking slowly!?!? - Similar Threads - clicking slowly

2. After clicking on "sign in" the xbox live window closes

in XBoX Accessibility
    After clicking on "sign in" the xbox live window closes: I can't sign in/register my xbox live account on windows 11. It loads a window that says "Wait..." and then closes immediately. Tried: - Restarting the computer - reinstalling the application...
  3. Xbox one failing to turn on after turning itself on, clicks then dies. HHD? Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one failing to turn on after turning itself on, clicks then dies. HHD? Power Supply?: My Xbox One clicked ~5 times and then didn't power on, and the power brick shut off. After that, I tried unplugging the supply completely and plugging it in, but nothing would happen on the Xbox...
  4. Getting Oops! Looks like you’re stranded when clicking "Get Game Pass" on Xbox app on PC....

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting Oops! Looks like you’re stranded when clicking "Get Game Pass" on Xbox app on PC....: Heya, On the Xbox app on PC, I'm getting "Oops! Looks like you’re stranded" when I click on "Get Game Pass". I've tried resetting the app, retsarting computer and reinstalling the app. Any other...
  5. Why can I not click the right stick on my Xbox elite series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not click the right stick on my Xbox elite series 2 controller?: My right stick on my Xbox elite series 2 controller does not click, and it is a brand new controller. What’s going on? d387fc24-3a08-420a-9849-f864ee9d3a9e
  6. Hey I just got Sea of Thieves on Seam and when I click the log into microsoft button it's a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey I just got Sea of Thieves on Seam and when I click the log into microsoft button it's a...: This is what I got [img] c12830db-443d-4a60-86a2-567df8c4eacd
  7. Microsoft rewards has not been working every time I click the item, I want to redeem it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards has not been working every time I click the item, I want to redeem it,...: the problem is I try to redeem a gift card, but it does not take me to the page to redeem it and stays on the same page. 2d9bce60-63c6-4172-866a-89e0971df966
  8. My paddles for my elite series 2 are unresponsive. The bottom under each paddle clicks but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My paddles for my elite series 2 are unresponsive. The bottom under each paddle clicks but...: Under each paddle there is a small circular button. The paddle pushes down and clicks the button for the paddles to respond. I took my paddles off and tried clicking the buttton. It is...
  9. What do i do when I get on quest craft and i click microsoft login and i login on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do i do when I get on quest craft and i click microsoft login and i login on my...: I click Microsoft login and I go to Microsoft.com/link and type the code that it says, after I complete the login, it says basically I've completed it, and I can close the tab but when I get back...
  10. Xbox one console making clicking noise AND now games are running slowly (offline)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one console making clicking noise AND now games are running slowly (offline): I wanted to post here before I called MS. Let me start by saying I have all the latest firmware updates. Since first getting my xbox one, it was intermittently make this low 'clicking' type noise...