Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord.

Discus and support Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm just trying to verify, does the Xbox One controller charge the batteries even if their standard AA batteries and not certified rechargeable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dupeb666bbe-5467-4577-98f0-e5388bcf621f, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord.

I'm just trying to verify, does the Xbox One controller charge the batteries even if their standard AA batteries and not certified rechargeable batteries? And this can be done through using a mini USB charging cord correct?

:)

dupeb666bbe-5467-4577-98f0-e5388bcf621f, Jan 4, 2014
  2. US Revenge
    US Revenge Guest
    What's in the box?

console, Kinect 2.0, controller, power cable, the mini USB cord for charging the controller....I think an HDMI cable. Not headset

US Revenge, Jan 4, 2014
  3. shortening Xbox 360 controller cord

I was hoping maybe there is a third party replacement cord on the market? Since the controller can be opened up?

It's fucking stupid that Microsoft is not using detachable mini usb cord life Sony's controller.

shortenxbox360cord, Jan 4, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

Hi Wolf!

The controller cannot charge standard AA batteries via a USB cable, nor can it charge rechargeable AA batteries.

Microsoft sell a
    Play & Charge Kit
    that includes a battery pack which sits in place of the AA's and you can charge it up via the cable included. They last for ages and you can charge it whilst playing.

If you want to use rechargeable AA batteries with your controller you can, but they must be charged in the charging unit that came with the batteries, you cannot charge them in the controller via a USB cable. (I would not recommend trying it either)

sniffles x, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Thanks for the fast response, and the information!

dupeb666bbe-5467-4577-98f0-e5388bcf621f, Jan 4, 2014
  6. NickSavage
    NickSavage Guest
    Hi, do either of you know what the mini USB port (if it is a mini USB port, please correct me if I am wrong) is for? Thanks.

NickSavage, Feb 7, 2014
  7. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    BusGod, Oct 31, 2018
  8. US Revenge Win User

What's in the box?

console, Kinect 2.0, controller, power cable, the mini USB cord for charging the controller....I think an HDMI cable. Not headset
  9. TROLL OF HORROR Win User

Will Microsoft ever release drivers for Xbone controller on PC?

The play and charge kit for Xbone comes with a usb cord which turns it into a wired controller or if you buy just a standard pad any usb to mini wire works.
  10. BusGod Win User

11. sniffles x Win User

Hi Wolf!

The controller cannot charge standard AA batteries via a USB cable, nor can it charge rechargeable AA batteries.

Microsoft sell a
    Play & Charge Kit
    that includes a battery pack which sits in place of the AA's and you can charge it up via the cable included. They last for ages and you can charge it whilst playing.

If you want to use rechargeable AA batteries with your controller you can, but they must be charged in the charging unit that came with the batteries, you cannot charge them in the controller via a USB cable. (I would not recommend trying it either)
  12. dupeb666bbe-5467-457 Win User

Thanks for the fast response, and the information!
Thema:

1. Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord. - Similar Threads - Charging controller mini

2. My Elite 2 controller stop charging

in XBoX on Windows
    My Elite 2 controller stop charging: My xbox elite 2 controller stopped charging. It works fine but no matter what cable I use it won't charge Does anyone know how to fix it or do I just have to buy a new one...
  3. My Xbox elite Controller 2 will not charge or connect to my PC through the Bluetooth...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite Controller 2 will not charge or connect to my PC through the Bluetooth...: What can I do or can I ask for a replacement? It was working fine as of last week then I left to go on vacation and came back and it won't charge on my PC through USB C or even turn on via USB C...
  4. Xbox360 wireless controller charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 wireless controller charging: Hello. I have a question. Can you charge an xbox360 wireless controller battery if you connect it to a pc via the play & charge kit? Or it only charges if you connect it to a console? I mean, if...
  5. Xbox Series S Controller disconnects/audio when plugged in to charge?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller disconnects/audio when plugged in to charge?: I never recalled my controller doing this,is this a bug of some sort?also there is no firmware updates available at this time either. 29411e33-b4e7-4f3e-8b4a-10c17418e0eb
  6. Elite Controller Won’t Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Won’t Charge: When I Plug my elite series 2 in directly on the top, it will do absolutely nothing, no vibration or anything. I just bought this controller a week ago and only had for 2 days now....
  7. Turning on when putting Elite series 2 controller on charge.

in XboX Insiders
    Turning on when putting Elite series 2 controller on charge.: Just recently my Xbox One X has started switching on as soon as I put my series 2 Elite controller into the case to charge... strange...any ideas why?? submitted by /u/RussPollard [link]...
  8. Charging AA batteries, connecting controller with USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charging AA batteries, connecting controller with USB?: Hello, I use my Series X controller, wireless on PC , so I use rechargeable AA batteries for it. I always charged the batteries with the regular wall charger. The question is pretty dumb: can I...
  9. Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop?: I wanna know this because I am considering getting it, and I wanna know if I can charge it. If I can't charge it via a laptop, can I charge if I plug it in into a power outlet with a charging...
  10. Elite Wireless 2 controller charges via usb but only works via bluetooth

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Wireless 2 controller charges via usb but only works via bluetooth: Hey guys, been struggling with this problem for a while now, I was wondering if anyone can solve this because I haven't been able to find any solution yet. My elite 2 controller works perfectly...