Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord.

Discus and support Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm just trying to verify, does the Xbox One controller charge the batteries even if their standard AA batteries and not certified rechargeable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dupeb666bbe-5467-4577-98f0-e5388bcf621f, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord.

I'm just trying to verify, does the Xbox One controller charge the batteries even if their standard AA batteries and not certified rechargeable batteries? And this can be done through using a mini USB charging cord correct?

:)

dupeb666bbe-5467-4577-98f0-e5388bcf621f, Jan 4, 2014
  2. US Revenge
    US Revenge Guest
    What's in the box?

console, Kinect 2.0, controller, power cable, the mini USB cord for charging the controller....I think an HDMI cable. Not headset

US Revenge, Jan 4, 2014
  3. shortening Xbox 360 controller cord

I was hoping maybe there is a third party replacement cord on the market? Since the controller can be opened up?

It's fucking stupid that Microsoft is not using detachable mini usb cord life Sony's controller.

shortenxbox360cord, Jan 4, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

Hi Wolf!

The controller cannot charge standard AA batteries via a USB cable, nor can it charge rechargeable AA batteries.

Microsoft sell a
    Play & Charge Kit
    that includes a battery pack which sits in place of the AA's and you can charge it up via the cable included. They last for ages and you can charge it whilst playing.

If you want to use rechargeable AA batteries with your controller you can, but they must be charged in the charging unit that came with the batteries, you cannot charge them in the controller via a USB cable. (I would not recommend trying it either)

sniffles x, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Thanks for the fast response, and the information!

dupeb666bbe-5467-4577-98f0-e5388bcf621f, Jan 4, 2014
  6. NickSavage
    NickSavage Guest
    Hi, do either of you know what the mini USB port (if it is a mini USB port, please correct me if I am wrong) is for? Thanks.

NickSavage, Feb 7, 2014
  7. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    BusGod, Oct 31, 2018
  8. US Revenge Win User

What's in the box?

console, Kinect 2.0, controller, power cable, the mini USB cord for charging the controller....I think an HDMI cable. Not headset
  9. BusGod Win User

10. sniffles x Win User

Hi Wolf!

The controller cannot charge standard AA batteries via a USB cable, nor can it charge rechargeable AA batteries.

Microsoft sell a
    Play & Charge Kit
    that includes a battery pack which sits in place of the AA's and you can charge it up via the cable included. They last for ages and you can charge it whilst playing.

If you want to use rechargeable AA batteries with your controller you can, but they must be charged in the charging unit that came with the batteries, you cannot charge them in the controller via a USB cable. (I would not recommend trying it either)
  11. dupeb666bbe-5467-457 Win User

Thanks for the fast response, and the information!
  12. NickSavage Win User

Hi, do either of you know what the mini USB port (if it is a mini USB port, please correct me if I am wrong) is for? Thanks.
Thema:

1. Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord. - Similar Threads - Charging controller mini

2. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  3. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play: A week ago my Xbox Series X notified me that my controller battery was low. I plugged my plug and play cord into it and noticed it would not charge. The icon shows the lightning bolt symbol, but...
  5. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  6. Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.: My elite controller is suddenly refusing to turn on unless it remains plugged in. I've tried updating and use different cables to no avail. There are no charging indicators and it is the same...
  7. xbox wireless controller not charging

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller not charging: I have this xbox wireless controller ( i don't know the model) but it is latest ig which used to work fine but now it does'nt charge. I tried changing the batteries but still it doesn't charge. It...
  8. Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode: My xbox controller stops charging while my console is in sleep mode. Bought Xbox Series X with officual rechargeable battery in July. The power efficient mode isn't activated in settings....
  9. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  10. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...