Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically

Discus and support Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox one S keeps changing aspect ratio while I'm playing, tried other settings on my TV and in the Xbox but this keeps happening, it didn't happen... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Victor San01, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Victor San01
    Victor San01 Guest

My Xbox one S keeps changing aspect ratio while I'm playing, tried other settings on my TV and in the Xbox but this keeps happening, it didn't happen before, it started about two weeks ago. anyone know why it's doing this or if it is a system bug?

:)

Victor San01, Mar 30, 2022
  2. azerpa-54B5465D-42E2 Win User

Aspect Ratio Automatically Changes

While watching TV:

1-Press the menu button (old start button)

2-Scroll down to the "Display Mode"

3-Toggle the selected mode by pressing the 'A' button

4-Stop on Native

5-Press 'B' to resume watching TV
  3. Bill Kearney Win User

I've noticed the same thing. If you drill down through the Xbox settings I seem to recall advanced settings for some stuff.

Meanwhile, when I need to watch the TV source itself I have it wired via a separate connection to the TV. I connect the Tivo via component to the TV directly, and via HDMI through the Xbox. I have noticed some quality loss issues (and the obvious lag)
    when running through the Xbox. Not enough to be a "problem" but it does raise concerns...
  4. azerpa-54B5465D-42E2 Win User

While watching TV:

1-Press the menu button (old start button)

2-Scroll down to the "Display Mode"

3-Toggle the selected mode by pressing the 'A' button

4-Stop on Native

5-Press 'B' to resume watching TV
  5. Zladson Win User

20 hours a day! Wow, That's unbelievable. I get maybe 5 afterwork and 16ish on weekends, maybe.

Anyways I found a setting that adjust the ration, I do not recall it off hand but it's something like this...

(voice commands to the best of my knowledge)

Xbox>more options> menu > and it's in here somewhere.

When i get home tonight i will find the exact commands, this has resolved my issue and i believe it came with the most recent patch.
  6. Feral Boar 66 Win User

I dont' watch it 20 hours myself.....I'm just saying it often runs when no one is in the room and I have 6 people living in my house.....someone is watching it or nearby around 12-15 hours per day (realistically)
Thema:

1. Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically - Similar Threads - changing aspect ratio

2. Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...: Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an now i cant find him please help me get that msg back so i can find him...
  3. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  4. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  5. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  6. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  7. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  8. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  9. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  10. How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x: My xobx one x has been working normally until a few hours ago when the display shrunk down to like 6:9 and no matter what I do wether I try to change settings on my TV or on my Xbox it won't fix....