Xbox One Cant use the Settings?

Discus and support Xbox One Cant use the Settings? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; having the same issue, argh. seems like a virus if some sorts stopping the user from getting rid of it? You would think there would be a built in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chardog 117, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Revstars
    Revstars Guest

having the same issue, argh. seems like a virus if some sorts stopping the user from getting rid of it? You would think there would be a built in firewall to prevent such attack?

Revstars, Sep 21, 2014
  2. Revstars
    Revstars Guest
    just spoke to xbox support. turn off system and unplug from the wall for one minute plug back in and power on. this is a hard reboot and refreshes the sytem.

Revstars, Sep 21, 2014
  3. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    I actually just had it to where I couldn't access the settings. It wouldn't load then it would crash back to the home screen. Luckily for me doing the power cycle it helped and fixed it. Possibly try doing more power cycles to see if it eventually clears
    the issue.

CMUchippewa, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Revstars Win User

just spoke to xbox support. turn off system and unplug from the wall for one minute plug back in and power on. this is a hard reboot and refreshes the sytem.
  5. chardog 117 Win User

Oh no problem I just find it funny that one of the ways I could fix this problem is in the place I can't access. Thanks for your help.
  6. chardog 117 Win User

Thanks I'll Try this I never knew this.
  7. eG x Thee Elf Win User

chardog,

The process CMU mentioned is known as power cycling. This clears the cache and resets the network card. This will normally clear up quite a few issues you might experience. Let us know if you have any problems with the process or afterward.
  8. CMUchippewa Win User

I actually just had it to where I couldn't access the settings. It wouldn't load then it would crash back to the home screen. Luckily for me doing the power cycle it helped and fixed it. Possibly try doing more power cycles to see if it eventually clears
    the issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Cant use the Settings? - Similar Threads - Cant Settings

2. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615
  3. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  4. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: my names luis, ive read a thread with this same question, ive read through your reply and followed all the steps but the issue still persists, ive checked for updates checked my input and output,...
  5. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps. 55f7c922-c262-49e4-953a-00e5707288ec
  6. it says i cant play multiplayer becouse of my settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    it says i cant play multiplayer becouse of my settings: it says that i cnt play multiplayer cuz of my settings ba91d34f-6a17-4e74-af30-a7987077e9bf
  7. Cant play minecraft on pc because of microsoft account settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant play minecraft on pc because of microsoft account settings?: I changed my account settings to allow multiplayer because every time I try and join a sever it says "Cant log in: Please check your Microsoft account settings." Even though when I check the...
  8. why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them: my system has been taken over by my spouse it updates by its self in some password screens it has guest in top left everyday i am trying to fix the attack on my profile and system even my...
  9. 1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.

in XboX Insiders
    1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.: I play on 1440p and my game captures are only at 1080p and constantly freeze anytime I clip something. Not sure what I can do, I've already done a reset on it and it didn't change anything....
  10. When I try to set my storage to my :D drive on the xbox games app it says I cant set my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to set my storage to my :D drive on the xbox games app it says I cant set my...: When I try to set my storage to my :D drive on the xbox games app it says I cant set my default folder to that folder and it says it on all of my folders. I have it set to where in general it goes...