Xbox One Cant use the Settings?

Discus and support Xbox One Cant use the Settings? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use Settings on My Xbox One Console it just says " sorry this doesn't work for some reason" then it has a Error code. What do I do?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chardog 117, Jan 4, 2014.

1. chardog 117
    chardog 117 Guest

Whenever I try to use Settings on My Xbox One Console it just says " sorry this doesn't work for some reason" then it has a Error code. What do I do?

:)

chardog 117, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Cant use gamertag : jacds

I cant use the gamertag : jacds , i search that no one in Xbox called jacds , but i still cant use it.

UnwaryGnat45463, Jan 4, 2014
  3. VETTLE1
    VETTLE1 Guest
    The NXOE Dashboard is unusable.

Same thing happening to me. Cant even use the Xbox one....useless at this point. I cant even go in and turn off the xbox preview dashboard now.

VETTLE1, Jan 4, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

Have you tried pushing the Xbox button on the console itself for 8 seconds to shut it down completely? Wait about 30 seconds before restarting it. Usually a good reset clears up minor issues. If this problem persists, I would suggest factory resetting
    the console. (Yes, doing that will suck and be inconvenient, but it should help.) Also, just be happy this is your only problem with the console as there are many people with huge hardware issues! Cheers!

CMUchippewa, Jan 4, 2014
  5. chardog 117
    chardog 117 Guest
    Thanks I'll Try this I never knew this.

chardog 117, Jan 4, 2014
  6. chardog,

The process CMU mentioned is known as power cycling. This clears the cache and resets the network card. This will normally clear up quite a few issues you might experience. Let us know if you have any problems with the process or afterward.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 4, 2014
  7. chardog 117
    chardog 117 Guest
    Sorry to say but this did not work. It still says the message with the error code (0x80070002)

chardog 117, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Xbox One Cant use the Settings?

chardog,

Tried to some more research on this one and nothing is popping up for the Xbox One. Every other Microsoft device with this error is either installing Games with Windows with the MSI installer or an issue with Windows 8 Update. Since neither of those really
    apply the only other thing that comes to mind is the update. If you can version the console version by going to
    Settings, System, and Console Info. I just want to verify that your
    Operating System Version is in fact 6.2.10217.0 (xb_rel_launch.131205-2200). The only other thing that I could think to try would be a factory reset but I would hate to go that route yet. I'm hoping some MS Support staff can
    chime in on this unique error code 0x80070002.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 5, 2014
  9. chardog 117
    chardog 117 Guest
    The Sad part about that is that I can't access the settings so we don;t have to worry about that.

chardog 117, Jan 5, 2014
  10. chardog 117
    chardog 117 Guest
    Also when typed in that error in the error code finder it just says thats for installing games for xbox windows.

chardog 117, Jan 5, 2014
  11. And fail on my part for expecting you to get to a piece of information you can't currently access, which is what we are attempting to help you fix. Still researching trying to find something for you.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 6, 2014
  12. chardog 117
    chardog 117 Guest
    Oh no problem I just find it funny that one of the ways I could fix this problem is in the place I can't access. Thanks for your help.

chardog 117, Jan 6, 2014
  13. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Chardog! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

From what you're describing it sounds like this may be a connection issue. When you access your settings, you're changing your settings for your profile (which is backed up to the cloud) so it's very possible that this is a connection issue.

Here's a few questions for you to help us better understand your setup:

1. How do you have your console connected to the internet (wireless, wired, etc)?
    2. Are you able to try a wired connection from your router to your console?
    3. If that doesn't work, are you able to try a wired connection from your modem to your console?
    4. Are you able to play multiplayer games online without receiving any error codes or hints of a slow connection?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 7, 2014
  14. chardog 117
    chardog 117 Guest
    1. I have a wired connection.

2.yes.

3.yes.

4. I have encountered a few problems on dead rising 3 connecting and inviting my friends and the party chat, but they fixed over time.

chardog 117, Jan 7, 2014
  15. Sco1977
    Sco1977 Guest
    I occasionally have problems accessing the privacy settings and I believe it prompts me to connect to live despite the fact that I am connected. I think it may be a problem with the XB One cloud system. Odd that yours affects the whole of settings though
    and mine just the privacy setting.

Sco1977, Jan 9, 2014
Thema:

1. Xbox One Cant use the Settings? - Similar Threads - Cant Settings

2. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  3. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615
  4. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  5. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: my names luis, ive read a thread with this same question, ive read through your reply and followed all the steps but the issue still persists, ive checked for updates checked my input and output,...
  6. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps. 55f7c922-c262-49e4-953a-00e5707288ec
  7. it says i cant play multiplayer becouse of my settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    it says i cant play multiplayer becouse of my settings: it says that i cnt play multiplayer cuz of my settings ba91d34f-6a17-4e74-af30-a7987077e9bf
  8. Cant play minecraft on pc because of microsoft account settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant play minecraft on pc because of microsoft account settings?: I changed my account settings to allow multiplayer because every time I try and join a sever it says "Cant log in: Please check your Microsoft account settings." Even though when I check the...
  9. why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them: my system has been taken over by my spouse it updates by its self in some password screens it has guest in top left everyday i am trying to fix the attack on my profile and system even my...
  10. 1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.

in XboX Insiders
    1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.: I play on 1440p and my game captures are only at 1080p and constantly freeze anytime I clip something. Not sure what I can do, I've already done a reset on it and it didn't change anything....