Xbox One can't detect my 4TB SEAGATE External HDD

Discus and support Xbox One can't detect my 4TB SEAGATE External HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got the External HDD on sale during Black Friday and it stopped being detected about a month later looking for help. I've unplugged and plugged cords... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaMan001, Jan 3, 2022.

1. DaMan001
    DaMan001 Guest

I got the External HDD on sale during Black Friday and it stopped being detected about a month later looking for help. I've unplugged and plugged cords back in, tried different USB slots did a reset (keep games and apps) getting frustrated

:)

DaMan001, Jan 3, 2022
  2. botosai78 Win User

My Xbox one only shows installed games on external HDD with system connected to internet.

@azrael008uk My external hdd is seagate expansion 4tb model srd0nf2
  3. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for letting me know, were you able to try solution 2? If yes, the next option is to reach out to the external hard drive manufacturer.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi DaMan001, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I have here the link that we need to follow for cases like this: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Solution 1: Make sure you’ve installed any recent updates to Xbox

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.

2. If you see Update available, there’s an update you need to install.

3. After you’re done installing the update, go back to Settings and select System > Storage devices. See if your device appears in the list.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

You mentioned that you’ve tried different USB ports, but you would also want to try a different USB cable (multiple if possible) and verify it’s properly connected to your console. These external hard drives use a standard USB 3.0 Type A to Micro B cable, and replacements can be purchased from retailers such as Amazon.

As this is a Seagate storage device, it would be essential to install SeaTools to troubleshoot the drive and perform diagnostic tests which only take a few minutes. There are app alternatives for Mac and Linux, but I believe the official SeaTools app works best on Windows and should help. If you don’t have a PC, see if the portable drive is detected on another Xbox console or perhaps ask a friend or family member if you can try the repair method on their PC.

Refer to these support guides for steps to try this:

How to use SeaTools for Windows | Seagate Support

Seagate Software Downloads | Seagate Support

If it’s a Windows PC, you'll need to search in Disk Management for the drive, as it won't appear in File Explorer because it’s formatted for use on an Xbox console. If the hard drive is recognised without complications on a PC, then you would most likely need to format the drive I’m afraid. If it’s not recognised, however, then it would indicate a hardware fault and there are still a few possible options to address this.

Either way, If this error persists and the above steps haven’t resolved this, then it would certainly point to a defective drive. If this is the case, then it would need to be replaced. Depending on where you purchased the device from, you may be able to get a repair or replacement through the warranty from the retailer. It would be best to request a replacement directly from Seagate though.

Warranty and Replacements | Seagate Support

Verify Warranty and Submit Return | Seagate Support

Keep in mind that warranty can vary depending on your country/region.

If you format the drive, decide to order a replacement or purchase a new one, then unfortunately you’ll need to install all the games again. Don’t worry, your game saves and progress won’t be affected though and will still be there. Game saves are synced to your Xbox profile over the cloud, and a regular connection to Xbox Live is required to keep your data in sync. This is explained in more detail here:

Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support

If you have any questions regarding this or encounter further errors, you can always contact support directly for assistance in real-time. Alternatively, you can reach out to the support team through Twitter @XboxSupport or @MicrosoftHelps The specific manufacturer would be able to point you in the right direction though, so contact Seagate Support (phone call or email) and confirm the exact model of your storage device with any other relevant info, so they can advise on what to do. You may need to adjust the country/region to match your one with the correct working hours. You can also message support on Twitter @AskSeagate for additional advice.

Hope this helps.
  6. Francia J. Win User

In this case, reaching out to the hard drive's manufacturer will be the next option, DaMan001.
Thema:

1. Xbox One can't detect my 4TB SEAGATE External HDD - Similar Threads - can't detect 4TB

2. (Minecraft) Can't play on my friends world: "detected lost connection"

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Minecraft) Can't play on my friends world: "detected lost connection": I'm on Windows 11 and I have two friends playing in one world, one is on a PS4 and the other one is in a Xbox One, but I can't play with them, I load in the world, play for like 3 minutes and it...
  3. My Series X can't detect any wireless networks ps5 it is

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X can't detect any wireless networks ps5 it is: So after 40 minutes of this stuttering support lady trying to blame home router for why my xbox doesn't pick up any wifi connections on scanning . She finally concludes and so have I that it's...
  4. New Device Detected but can't set it up

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Device Detected but can't set it up: [img] Hi, I was gonna play MSFS but when I plugged in my controller (not a Xbox controller, its like a Nintendo Pro Controller). I keep getting this message and there is no response when I try...
  5. series x concole can't detect the usb drive after a certain amount of time

in XBoX on Consoles
    series x concole can't detect the usb drive after a certain amount of time: Hi, my series x concole just can't detect the usb drive after a certain amount of time(two days in my case). My PC couldn't read the disk as well afterwards. I had to format it on ps5 and then...
  6. new Xbox launcher can't detect my games or game pass for no reason

in XboX Insiders
    new Xbox launcher can't detect my games or game pass for no reason: when i updated xbox launcher , now doesn't work well like its used to be . games and game pass always load idk why . Region : egypt gametag: RioSenpai#5798 submitted by /u/Snoo_32224 [link]...
  7. Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks - unable to contact Microsoft for support: My Xbox Series X can't detect any wireless networks. From a bit of a search I can see this is a known issue. I've tried all the things I can do from my end - a reinstall, reboot router, etc - and...
  8. series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital +

in XBoX on Consoles
    series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital +: I have a Samsung QLED TV and a Sonos Arc connected. I can turn on Dolby Digital+ for other apps, but not for the Series X. I can see the options the other device provides change when I change some...
  9. Problem reconnecting external drive. Can't detect games. Error code 0x80073d0d

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem reconnecting external drive. Can't detect games. Error code 0x80073d0d: Hello, I recently got gamepass and had been downloading and installing games onto an external HD from my tower. It was all working fine, had multiple games on it, etc. Earlier today, I took my...
  10. : My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection,...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection,...: : My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection, NOT USB. My xbox can't detect my Comcast cable box all of a sudden. It is the HDMI connection, not the USB....