Xbox One - Cannot Clear Cookies and Saved Website Data

Discus and support Xbox One - Cannot Clear Cookies and Saved Website Data in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On Edge running on Xbox One, the Clear Browsing Data section returns the error "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again." This error is only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrewCincy, Oct 24, 2018.

  1. DrewCincy
    DrewCincy Guest

    Xbox One - Cannot Clear Cookies and Saved Website Data


    On Edge running on Xbox One, the Clear Browsing Data section returns the error "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again."

    This error is only present when selecting "Cookies and saved website data". How can I resolve this error?

    :)
     
    DrewCincy, Oct 24, 2018
    #1
  2. VibroPlex
    VibroPlex Guest
    Xbox live glitch

    I'd like to suggest you clear the web browser cache with Ctrl-Shift-Del: Preserve Favorites Website Data should be checked as should Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. (If you are using a browser other than IE, then delete
    Cache and Cookies only). Leave all other data intact, and proceed with clearing the old data, then try again.
     
    VibroPlex, Oct 24, 2018
    #2
  3. HELP PLZZZ

    try clearing your cache on your hard drive go to setting>systems>storage and highlight your hard drive and press y and you should see an option to clear your cache. it will only delete tempory saved data like trailers, internet history or ramdom cookies
    that saved on your hard drive.
     
    TacticalLotus, Oct 24, 2018
    #3
  4. Xbox One - Cannot Clear Cookies and Saved Website Data

    Hi there Drew,

    Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be experiencing with the Microsoft Edge app on the Xbox One. This app is a pre-installed on the operating system. I would recommend performing a soft factory reset on the console.

    Take a look at this article:
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One


    If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. Select Reset and keep my games & apps.
    Note: Before starting the troubleshooting step, make sure to know your account information (emails/passwords/gamer tags) and have a stable internet connection.

    Try this and let us know the results.
     
    XBF Crystal P, Oct 24, 2018
    #4
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

    Xbox One - Cannot Clear Cookies and Saved Website Data

    Hi there Drew,

    Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be experiencing with the Microsoft Edge app on the Xbox One. This app is a pre-installed on the operating system. I would recommend performing a soft factory reset on the console.

    Take a look at this article:
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One


    If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. Select Reset and keep my games & apps.
    Note: Before starting the troubleshooting step, make sure to know your account information (emails/passwords/gamer tags) and have a stable internet connection.

    Try this and let us know the results.
  6. JamieNugent1 Win User

    Edge on Xbox One broken again....

    If that's where you 'manage app' and delete all saved data or clearing the browser history, no dice.

    It keeps telling me some data couldn't be cleared when trying to delete cookie and saved website data.

    After clearing everything it will load and/or try to load a page briefly but then ultimately redirects....
  7. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Student or work account does not disconnect

    Thanks, sorry. My bad, I misunderstood
    Let's try restoring browser to defaults or delete cookies and websites saved data

    If you're on Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/329621...

    Microsoft Edge:
    go to Settings > Privacy...services > Choose what to clear > select All time > check each box > Clear now

    In that way you're going to delete corrupted cookies and saved data
  8. Fear Thy Waffle Win User

    clearing game chache

    Loading the Skyrim map is the same as cookies being stored in your browser cache. Whenever you load a website/Skyrim map, it saves data so that return visits the load time is reduced by saving the data. However after a period of time it gets clogged full
    of these files. Clearing the game cache is starting with a clean slate.
  9. VibroPlex Win User

    Xbox live glitch

    I'd like to suggest you clear the web browser cache with Ctrl-Shift-Del: Preserve Favorites Website Data should be checked as should Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. (If you are using a browser other than IE, then delete
    Cache and Cookies only). Leave all other data intact, and proceed with clearing the old data, then try again.
Thema:

Xbox One - Cannot Clear Cookies and Saved Website Data

Loading...
  1. Xbox One - Cannot Clear Cookies and Saved Website Data - Similar Threads - Cannot Clear Cookies

  2. Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally: Tried restarting my console and it still didn't fix the issue. I am a little frustrated since I like to change my profile picture a lot. I could still go to my profile by going to my achievements....
  3. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  4. (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed

    in XboX Insiders
    (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed: I tried claiming the digital license for every physical Xbox One game that I own by these two publishers. Every other game I tried to claim worked fine except Destiny 1 which produced a different...
  5. Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.: Hello Xbox Insider team, I have a question. A while back, I bought almost all the *Final Fantasy* games from the Xbox Store for my Series X. Often, when I'm at work, I have downtime to relax and...
  6. Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X: As of the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead build (2608.260630-1105), I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I've checked the PlayFab and Xbox server statuses, but they reported no...
  7. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  8. Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI: Hello, I have been trying to enable the preview features to get the new xbox cloud gaming ui on the web and for some reason it never actually enables. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by...
  9. Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead: While in a Discord call, my buddy started streaming from his PC to the Discord call. The Discord channel is a Custom Temporary VC that will auto delete once all members leave it. I am on Xbox...
  10. cannot install or update or login to xbox live to clear space on console for update - stuck

    in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot install or update or login to xbox live to clear space on console for update - stuck: We have a 4GB Xbox 360. Today my son downloaded the Hulu app to watch Hulu Live TV. He said it downloaded and he watched some TV. He then turned off the xbox. When he turned it back on it said...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. some data cannot be cleared edge xbox one

    ,
  2. xbox explorer some data couldnt be cleared

    ,
  3. some data could not be cleared edge

    ,
  4. edge wont let me delete cookies and saved web data on xbox,
  5. Xbox some data could not be cleared,
  6. Xbox series x some data couldnt be cleared,
  7. some data couldnt be cleared edge xbox,
  8. some data couldnt be cleared xbox,
  9. edge some data could not be cleared Xbox,
  10. Xbox some things couldnt be cleared,
  11. Xbox brower some data couldnt be cleared,
  12. xbox some data couldnt be cleared