Xbox One Blu-Ray drive audio problem

Discus and support Xbox One Blu-Ray drive audio problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my Xbox One about a week ago and I've been watching alot of movies on it, DVDs and Blu-Rays. It was working fine until earlier today I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HOTD Infected, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Xbox One Blu-Ray drive audio problem

I got my Xbox One about a week ago and I've been watching alot of movies on it, DVDs and Blu-Rays. It was working fine until earlier today I tried watching a DVD and it seems like the movie was playing all audio besides the actors speaking. I thought it
    might just be that one movie acting up but I tried watching other movies even movies I've already watched on my Xbox, and they all had the same problem. I tried switching the in-movie audio options but either they don't have any other options or the other
    languages have the same problem, if there is a commentary feature on the movie then that works perfectly fine. It's as if this is an option that can't switch off. I don't know if this is because of some change I made to the Xbox One settings or this a glitch
    in the system. Please help.

:)

HOTD Infected, Jan 1, 2014
  2. A Frozen Poo
    A Frozen Poo Guest
    What would happan..

If you put a xbox one disc in an xbox 360 console? or even a pc's blu-ray drive? xbox one and pc-blu-ray drive are both blu-ray roms and xbox one games are coded like pc games..

A Frozen Poo, Jan 1, 2014
  3. uglyduck
    uglyduck Guest
    Xbox One S pre-orders 'off to an amazing start'

Ya that 4k blu-ray player is a must have for 4k enthusiasts. Fact is even 4k streaming like netflix cant produce the same quality as a 4k blu ray. And on top of it the only other true 4k blu-ray costs at least 350 bucks. The reason for the high cost is because it needs a good proccessor in it, and that is something the xbox one has!

Im still kinda surprised we didnt see a slim without a bluray drive, or in other words an all digital xbox. Maybe within a year? Maybe the scorpio wont have a blu-ray drive? Hmmmm

uglyduck, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Wolf! That definitely sounds odd! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

I suggest giving these steps a shot and let us know how it goes:

1. Disable the 24 Hz setting in Disc and Blu-ray settings menu. For steps to do that, check out our
      Disc and Blu-ray settings support article.
    2. If you're still having issues, it might be the result of TV processing. Try disabling any motion/smoothing processing on your TV.

Let us know how that goes and if you see any change. We'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. haz2901
    haz2901 Guest
    im also having this problem. never happened before. Turned of 24hz but its still happening. Any ideas?

haz2901, Feb 16, 2014
  6. haz2901
    haz2901 Guest
    So ive changed the HDMI audio to stereo and its now working. BUT, I want Surround sound since that's how its setup!! I presume this will be fixed with an update?!?!

haz2901, Feb 16, 2014
  7. PEdlund
    PEdlund Guest
    This worked for me! I went into the Xbox One Settings and then into the sound component and changed it from surround sound to stereo. When I restarted the movie, everything worked normally.

PEdlund, Nov 29, 2014
  8. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest

Hey there deadlocks0,

Thanks for posting up what has worked for you to help out your fellow gamers. If you have any Xbox Support related questions, please feel free to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. That way we can cater our support specifically to you!
    Thanks again! Xbox One Blu-Ray drive audio problem :)

Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
  9. AisuruReaper Win User

Blu Ray Shuts off sound for whole console

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-blu-ray-drive-audio-problem/d6c1b82a-208a-42f1-920b-2b1e5b27c170 here is someone who had simular issued to you this may help !
  10. Hybrid Alien Win User

Netflix frame rate judder?

There is audio lag and stuttering problems on the xbox one when playing blu rays also, i just hope Microsoft know about this problem and fix it
  11. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox 1 games won’t work on my Series X

The drive contains separate lasers for the DVD and Blu-ray disc reading. Xbox one titles are on Blu-ray, while the others are on DVD. Please try a Blu-ray movie in the drive and see if it works
  12. Obsessive Power Win User

0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games

Hi,

Verify that your consoles drive is functioning. Try playing a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray disc.

If your console will not play DVD then the drive has hardware fault.

There are two lasers in the blu-ray drive. One for reading DVD and Xbox 360 games and another for Xbox One and Blu-ray discs.
  13. number1kgfan Win User

Blu-Ray App and Bitstreaming

I have the same question. I use my Xbox One to watch Blu-rays, but I want the best audio experience on my VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers. Which optical audio settings are Xbox One audio settings are best to
    watch a Blu ray like Inception?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Blu-Ray drive audio problem - Similar Threads - Blu Ray drive

2. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  3. Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.: My disc drive went out after using the Blu-ray app lastnight upon researching on tryna fix it I've come across others that have had problem with there disc drive also after using the Microsoft...
  4. Replacement Blu-ray drive xbox one-s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Blu-ray drive xbox one-s: I know my system is out of warranty so I want to replace the Blu-ray Drive that has stopped working. Most of the Blu-ray drives I see on Amazon look like they were ripped out of older systems and...
  5. Firmware update the blu Ray drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Firmware update the blu Ray drive: How to firmware update the blu Ray-drive. 23f0a858-1fe2-4961-a239-049a2a6226a1
  6. Blu ray drive died shortly after warranty expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray drive died shortly after warranty expired: The blu ray drive on my Xbox One died just shortly after the warranty ended. Is there a way to successfully replace the drive myself? By the time I ship the console to Microsoft and pay their...
  7. Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted: It recognizes game discs just fine. However, any Blu Ray or DVD that I insert usually gets a few burst of a sort of soft grinding noise, before it settles down and pretends like nothing has been...
  8. problem with region on blu-ray drive needs update i know there people have the same problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with region on blu-ray drive needs update i know there people have the same problem: hey i bought a movie Dragon Ball Z battle of gods when i played the disc this is what it say : the Blu-ray will play region A player only and i'm in the United States microsoft can you fix this...
  9. Another Xbox one not turning on. This one after Blu-ray drive repair.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another Xbox one not turning on. This one after Blu-ray drive repair.: It was working fine until the drive was repaired. Warranty is way past expired. The drive was fixed and all was working with the drive out. When the drive was put in place and everything...
  10. If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste

in XBoX on Consoles
    If Updated Xbox One doesn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive- only streaming- it will be a waste: right now, every ultra HD TV has built in streaming papas like Netflix or Amazon instant video to stream 4K. Therefore, if the new Xbox One doesn't include a 4 K Blu-Ray drive, this feature will...