Xbox One blu-ray disc drive grinding

Discus and support Xbox One blu-ray disc drive grinding in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been a well established fault of the Day One Xbox Ones where the disc drive makes a grinding noise and doesn't read the disc - I happen to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DottyDa3dalu5, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Xbox One blu-ray disc drive grinding

This has been a well established fault of the Day One Xbox Ones where the disc drive makes a grinding noise and doesn't read the disc - I happen to be plagued with it at the moment. The issue I'm having is that I imported my Xbox One from Amazon shipped
    to Australia and now having contacted support (and been through troubleshooting etc) am required to pay an additional $155 AUD (no advanced exchange program over here unfortunately) plus cost of shipping

to have it replaced. This is outrageous as it's an additional fee on top of a product that doesn't work as it should in the first place and my understanding is that there is little difference between the Australian version and US version of the console save
    for the power-brick.

I've been contacted by the advocacy team but they've been of little help - my complaint is mainly the additional cost.

:)

DottyDa3dalu5, Jan 1, 2014
  2. A Frozen Poo
    A Frozen Poo Guest
    What would happan..

If you put a xbox one disc in an xbox 360 console? or even a pc's blu-ray drive? xbox one and pc-blu-ray drive are both blu-ray roms and xbox one games are coded like pc games..

A Frozen Poo, Jan 1, 2014
  3. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    My XB1 sometimes doesn't read discs...

See if it will play several blu-ray movies consistently with repeated attempts inserting and ejecting the disc. If it plays the movies and not the games it's probably related to the latest update. The other known issue is the grinding noise caused by the small gear inside the drive coming out of place. I know a guy who had three Xbox One's in a row with the grinding issue.

vgdelta, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Dotty! I'm truly sorry to hear about this situation. I can certainly understand how this could be a frustrating time.

The best people to speak to about this would be the Advocacy Team that you've been in touch with already. I suggest getting in touch with them again, letting the know the situation you're in, and seeing if there's anything that can be done.

I sincerely hope that helps. =)

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

Hi,

Sounds like the laser in your console's Blu-ray drive has a hardware issue.

To test if your Xbox One X has issues reading discs, try playing a DVD movie disc. If can't read DVD movie discs either then your console has a hardware fault.

Note: It must be a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray movie disc.

There are two lasers in the Blu-ray drive, one for reading Blu-ray discs and one for DVD discs. Xbox One games use Blu-ray and the 360 console used a DVD drive.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games

Hi,

Verify that your consoles drive is functioning. Try playing a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray disc.

If your console will not play DVD then the drive has hardware fault.

There are two lasers in the blu-ray drive. One for reading DVD and Xbox 360 games and another for Xbox One and Blu-ray discs.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

360 games on xbox1

Hi,

Can you check if your console can read DVD discs please? To do this just insert a DVD movie disc. If it works, the console will load the Blu-ray Player app (make sure this this downloaded from the Xbox Store).

Note that the disc you try must be a DVD not an Xbox One or a Blu-ray movie disc.

If your console won't start the DVD movie disc then this indicates a fault with your Xbox One Blu-ray drive. These drives contain two lasers, one for DVD's and one for Blu-ray discs. Xbox One disc games are on Blu-ray, Xbox 360 games are DVD's.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X only reads XB1 game dvds

Hi,

The optical drive in the Xbox One is a Blu-ray drive. Xbox One discs are on Blu-ray disc, same as HD Blu-ray movies. Xbox 360 games came on DVD disc.

Oversimplifying my explanation a little, the Xbox One has separate lasers for reading DVD discs than it does for reading Xbox One blu-ray discs.

The laser that is used to read DVD's has failed. This isn't a software issue, it's a hardware one. Unfortunately you can't fix this yourself, you'll need your console repaired. Sorry.
  9. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox 1 games won’t work on my Series X

The drive contains separate lasers for the DVD and Blu-ray disc reading. Xbox one titles are on Blu-ray, while the others are on DVD. Please try a Blu-ray movie in the drive and see if it works
Thema:

1. Xbox One blu-ray disc drive grinding - Similar Threads - blu ray disc

2. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  3. Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs: I am talking specifically about a brand new blu ray box set of The Pacific. Discs 1,3 and 5 work ok but discs 2 and 3 dont,i load in the disc,the screen goes black and stays black....nothing. Ive...
  4. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  5. 100gb Blu rays disc not reading.

in XboX Insiders
    100gb Blu rays disc not reading.: Dose anybody know if they will ever fix 100 gb Blu ray disc not reading. When I put the disc in it sounds like trying to start up a car. submitted by /u/08spurlingD [link] [comments]
  6. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  7. Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?: Its with a specific game every time [img] [img] b33ab200-d67d-42e9-912b-d90a1531cab9
  8. Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems: Hello, I am having a problem with my xbox 1S and same audio with 4K and blue ray discs. As far as I know this just started today, the last time I played with a disc was the Speed 4k two weeks ago...
  9. it thinks it's a Blu-ray disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    it thinks it's a Blu-ray disc: I go to put my Red Dead Redemption one disc that is for Xbox 360 and Xbox One inside my Xbox one and it thinks it's a Blu-ray disc 9d2dfc4f-7df5-49ba-8d27-0102264d82d9
  10. Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.: My disc drive went out after using the Blu-ray app lastnight upon researching on tryna fix it I've come across others that have had problem with there disc drive also after using the Microsoft...