XBOX One Black Screen with flickering Green band

Discus and support XBOX One Black Screen with flickering Green band in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, my Xbox One has been working fine, untouched, for a long time and for whatever reason this morning when I tried to turn it on I ran into this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisHildebrandt1, Feb 18, 2022.

1. XBOX One Black Screen with flickering Green band

Hi All, my Xbox One has been working fine, untouched, for a long time and for whatever reason this morning when I tried to turn it on I ran into this issue. I cannot navigate anywhere, it is stuck on this screen with the green areas flickering. I rebooted my machine several times. I've unplugged and plugged back in. I have checked all my connections. I unplugged my external hard drive and rebooted. All the same problems. Any ideas? Thank you!

XBOX One Black Screen with flickering Green band [​IMG]

:)

ChrisHildebrandt1, Feb 18, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey ChrisHildebrandt1, how are you today? Hope you're well.

What you can do is this to test:

So, let's try this:

If your console is a digital version, try this way:

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Unplug it from the wall, wait for 1 minute, and plug it back.

2. Press and hold the Sync button.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync button.

4. Keep holding the Sync button, until the troubleshooting menu appears.

5. Select the option "restore this Xbox" and choose to keep my games and apps.

If your console is not a digital version (Has the disc reader)

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Unplug it from the wall, wait for 1 minute, and plug it back.

2. Press and hold the Sync and Eject buttons.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons together.

4. Keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons, until the troubleshooting menu appears.

5. Select the option "restore this Xbox" and choose to keep my games and apps.

If that doesn't help, test others HDMI cables and even connected to another TV or monitor, if the same thing keeps happening, it could be a hardware issue on your console, more specific in the HDMI input of the console.
  3. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  4. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
  5. P33R00 Win User

Xbox one screen flickering black

Help[quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote][quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote]
  6. JP83X Win User

Xbox One blank screen when i start the console

Between matches on BF4 I hit the xbox button and then the screen flickered and went black. I could hear that everything was working fine but the screen was black.
Thema:

1. XBOX One Black Screen with flickering Green band - Similar Threads - Black Screen flickering

2. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  3. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  4. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  5. Who else agree that nowadays is preferable to have flicker/black screen when entering SDR...

in XboX Insiders
    Who else agree that nowadays is preferable to have flicker/black screen when entering SDR...: Doesn't you guys think HDR dashboard should have been prior to 4K implementation? It's a pain to wait for flickering when TV is constantly switching between SDR and HDR, even when alternating...
  6. Series X black screen flicker TCL TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X black screen flicker TCL TV: Hello, i am one of hundreds of xbox gamers who have a TCL TV and cant watch streaming apps without the screen flickering black with loss of audio and video. If you google “xbox series x black...
  7. XBOX ONE X used to flicker with a black screen, now its just black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X used to flicker with a black screen, now its just black.: My Xbox One X was flickering black earlier today and right now its just a black screen. I already changed the HDMI and tested with a different TV and it wont work....
  8. Black screen flicker, video reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black screen flicker, video reset: I am having the (fairly well known) issue of video signal flickering and resetting to temporary black screen. This started within the last couple weeks. I assume it was after the last update as I...
  9. Xbox One X Black Screen Flicker

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Black Screen Flicker: My Xbox One X will intermittently start to flicker to a black screen. It has been randomly occurring over the last month. I am not sure what I should attempt to do to correct the issue. I have a...
  10. Black Screen *Flicker* after update (Need Help!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen *Flicker* after update (Need Help!): I am hoping someone can help me. After the update today my Xbox has started to go to a black screen for one second and then come back to normal. This happens in Blu-Ray, Games, Dashboard, and TV...