Xbox One black screen after clear local save data reboot.

Discus and support Xbox One black screen after clear local save data reboot. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing a new game, and a good while into it my Xbox One said that there was an issue with the save. It suggested I clear local save data; I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HereticVeto, Jan 1, 2021.

1. HereticVeto
    HereticVeto Guest

I was playing a new game, and a good while into it my Xbox One said that there was an issue with the save. It suggested I clear local save data; I thought it was fine, I have done it before. I clear the local data, screen goes black, I wait several minutes
    and it hasn't booted back. I force shut down and turn it back on, but nothing happens. My TV is receiving something because the HDMI channel would otherwise say "no source", but I still tried a different port and cable. I tried booting it up on low resolution
    mode, still nothing. I can turn it on with my controller sometimes, but others my controller can't connect to it. I have had previous issues with loading games and apps, and factory resetting it helped. I assume there is a restart error, but I can't restart
    the restart.

TL;DR: Cleared local save data after new game suggested it, took too long to reset so I shut it down. Now Xbox One does not display.

Is there a fix?

Edit: Start up Xbox One screen now shows up after waiting a lot longer. Now I am waiting to see if it will load up the dashboard.

Edit: It has been 30 minutes since green screen, still nothing. going to try another force shut down.

Edit: It has been another 30 minutes and I am back to the black screen.

:)

HereticVeto, Jan 1, 2021
  2. XxSyndicateexX Win User

Hello HereticVeto,

Here is some information which may well be useful to you. It will be under "Start up issues".

Kind Regards,
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Jump Force Stuck on Start Menu After Pressing A

Hi Supreme,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We are sorry for the issue with the game launching. We recommend to clear your local save data for the game. To do this go to settings>system>storage>clear local save. Reason it may not be launching is the data is corrupt.
    This will force the game to get the save data for the cloud. If the console does not restart do a

power cycle
    after clearing local save data before launching the game.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. D4vid 360 Win User

Halo the master chief collection

If it is not starting at all, all above solutions work fine

If it is stuck on the main screen, when you press start, then you have to clear the cache and local saved data. Under my games and apps, press start on the game, click then on manage game and add ons. Now clear local saved data.
  5. SUPREME x Kai Win User

Jump Force Stuck on Start Menu After Pressing A

Hi Supreme,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We are sorry for the issue with the game launching. We recommend to clear your local save data for the game. To do this go to settings>system>storage>clear local save. Reason it may not be launching is the data is corrupt.
    This will force the game to get the save data for the cloud. If the console does not restart do a

power cycle
    after clearing local save data before launching the game.

Thanks,

Brad
    Thank you it worked!
  6. Csarebel Win User

State of Decay 2 Black Screen at Base Screen

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Do LB and RB move you to a different menu when you play the game? Does it appear to be just this one section of the game
    that is having the issue? Does this issue occur with any other games? The troubleshooting steps that the ambassadors recommended are great options. You can also try uninstalling the game, clearing your local saved games and installing the game again. This
    will help clear out any corrupt saved data on the console that may be affecting the performance of the game. You will still retain your saved data over the Xbox cloud as long as you were connected to Xbox Live when you last played it. We will provide steps
    on how to clear your local saved games. Be sure to let us know the results!

How to clear local saved games:

1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to pull up the guide
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Select System
    4. Select Storage
    5. Select Clear local saved games
    When I press the LB and RB they do take me to another menu. It doesn't happen in other games and only happens on the one screen. The game was working fine.

I can even hit the A button after it goes black and move the left stick up and down. This will open a menu up on the Base Screen and the Screen come back. I can view the screen at this point but as soon as I back out of the menu it goes black again.

Tried deleting local saves. Tried deleting game. Reinstalled. Still having the same issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox One black screen after clear local save data reboot. - Similar Threads - black screen clear

2. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  3. Xbox black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox black screen.: I've seen plenty of other stories from people about xbox black screens. But none quite like my situation. My xbox one glitched for several minutes during a game update. Most of the functions still...
  4. Black screen of death on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death on Xbox one: Hi I have now came across the black screen of death on my Xbox one, have tried power off and on suggestions, switched to a new HDMI cable, have now even had the HDMI port with a physical check,...
  5. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  6. xbox screen flashing black?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox screen flashing black?: why does my xbox one x flash black then return to normal randomly, I would just deal with it but it happens super often like every second or so. How do I fix this?...
  7. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  8. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  9. Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen: Screen shows black when i relaunched into settings, my tv shows a black screen. I cannot see anything and everything is blank [img] d55e201d-a106-4dce-a72e-03556d9aa960
  10. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death won't go away no matter what: So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox mcc halo 4 black screen pc