Xbox One BeNeLux / Scandinavia release date

Discus and support Xbox One BeNeLux / Scandinavia release date in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, The Xbox One is out now and I'm flooded with game play video's, reviews and what not. BUT.... I've ordered (online, via the Xbox website) my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vixion360, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Vixion360
    Vixion360 Guest

Hello,

The Xbox One is out now and I'm flooded with game play video's, reviews and what not. BUT.... I've ordered (online, via the Xbox website) my Xbox One just a few days after the unveil and the only news I received yet was bad; the Xbox One won't come out until
    2014 in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg and Scandinavia (Norway/Denmark/Sweden/Finland).

I checked in with some local retailers to see if they had any info. One of the retailers went full moron on me and didn't even knew what an Xbox One was. The others couldn't say anything because they didn't hear anything about it yet.

So...

When is it coming? When can I expect my Xbox One? Will I get a Day One Edition like I ordered or will I just be screwed over on that part too?

:)

Vixion360, Jan 6, 2014
  2. release of the xbox one 1tb bundle

When is the release of the xbox one 1tb bundle in the Benelux?

rubenthewinner, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Xbox One Delayed in Scandinavia?

I'm afraid not. That date is from Microsoft Finland and based on my conversation with them rest of the Scandinavia will have the same date. They said the localization and local contracts will delay the release. Sucks big time, that's why I ordered mine from
    Germany.

Frank Wolf-4E9B2318-3514-4A47-87CF-C6BEADB572BB, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Frank Wolf-4E9B2318- Win User

Xbox One Delayed in Scandinavia?

I'm afraid not. That date is from Microsoft Finland and based on my conversation with them rest of the Scandinavia will have the same date. They said the localization and local contracts will delay the release. Sucks big time, that's why I ordered mine from
    Germany.
  5. Kenofnor Win User

Bored of xbox one already

Just be glad you have one, there's rumours going that X1 won't release in Scandinavia before October 2014.

I might have to order a copy from Germany or something.
  6. RazorOne DK Win User

Movie pre order

It properly depends on where in the world you are located. I can tell you the closest release day for Avengers - Infinity war that I know of here in Scandinavia, is 30th of august.
  7. Coreldan Win User

It's not news, it's a rumor that has very little base to it.

If you check out the scandinavian MS stores, you will see that the Xbox One page is no longer just an "advertisement", but actually has a price and says "sold out" our "none in store" or something along the lines, depending on your region. While this isnt
    to say launch for us is anywhere close, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna have this page up saying "sold out" for potentially 10 months like this rumor implies.

Also, Xbox One has already launched at least in 2 countries without localized voice commands, so that is not an argument. Outside Russia, the remaining "tier 2 countries" are all so small, that they would produce enough consoles in just a few weeks to these
    markets (once again Russia is a different case though..). However, I think we have to wait till supply meets demand in current markets first before we can dream about getting any here. My guess is still sometime Q2 at worst, with some luck even late Q1 might
    be possible. Regardless I wouldn't expect any official statements of this until sometime next year. Until holiday season is over, they will easily sell everything they make.

For the lulz I asked about this change in the MS store website and about potential release date, they still said they don't have any date to give, but they still said "should be around start of 2014".
  8. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

While it is quite irritating that they didn't ship it to us in Scandinavia and the other countries taken off the launch day list, i have to see it as a chance for the launch day bugs to be sorted before it's released to us as a good thing.

I don't buy the localisation excuse for the delay, i rather believe what Webush analyst Michael Pachter mentioned, that PS4 got a head start all the way since Microsoft rather badly worded feature description. PS3 lost the US market, and had a really good
    shot at taking it back now with the PS4, so Microsoft need to push sales specifically in the US market to combat that issue.

So instead of having it be sold out, due to lack of consoles available, it took back from X amount of countries to try and defend their spot in the US market, which is a big market.

Having heard that voice localisation for the affected countries wasn't ready and all the other excuses i don't buy, because you could still have released the console and have the localised software be an update when it was ready, the hardware itself is being
    massproduced and won't change.

I truly believe they just needed more consoles to sell at the US market to defend against Sony's sales before the holidays.

And therefore, i think it is reasonable that we will get a release date
    known
    either mid-late december or early January for the remaining countries.

My bet is that Xbox One launch day for the excluded countries will be
    mid Febuary 2014.
Thema:

1. Xbox One BeNeLux / Scandinavia release date - Similar Threads - BeNeLux Scandinavia release

2. PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.39.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.39.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2406.240424-2000)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2406.240424-2000): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240425-2000)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240425-2000): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240423-2000)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240423-2000): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Omega (2405.240421-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Omega (2405.240421-2200): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Delta (2405.240421-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Delta (2405.240421-2200): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Beta (2405.240421-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Beta (2405.240421-2200): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2405.240421-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha (2405.240421-2200): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]