Xbox one auto powerdown... is there a way to turn it off?

Discus and support Xbox one auto powerdown... is there a way to turn it off? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all! It seems with one of the new updates, Microsoft has added a feature to the xbox where it shuts off after a certain period of inactivity.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maverickk42, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Maverickk42
    Maverickk42 Guest

Hey all!

It seems with one of the new updates, Microsoft has added a feature to the xbox where it shuts off after a certain period of inactivity. Anyone else notice this?

There has to be a way to shut it off as it is driving me crazy. There are many times that I am doing something on my tv, not through my xbox, where my TV suddenly shuts off because my xbox decides I'm not giving it enough attention. Now that my xbox now
    controls my TV's power, I have to do a series of turning my xbox on or off or my tv on or off separately so my xbox doesn't decide to cut me out of a game I'm playing off my computer or something.

I've searched every menu I could possibly think of in the settings to find some sort of auto sleep timer that I never set but I couldn't find one. Is there a way to shut it off? or am I going to have to stick it out until Microsoft decides to finally allow
    us to have our own control over the sleep timer and auto powerdown.

Thank for reading, hope you can help!

:)

Maverickk42, Jan 7, 2016
  2. Auto Sign when Xbox turns on?

Hello

Everytime I turn my xbox one on I need to manually sign into my main gamertag

is there a way so it auto sign in? like on the 360?

Cheers

T3ddy B4gW3LL, Jan 7, 2016
  3. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    xbox 360 not turning off

It's normal IMO. It sometimes takes a bit of time for the system to turn off especialy if you powerdown while using an app or game. Try to powerdown without an internet connection........ See if you get the same results. GOOD LUCK!!!

BongKaos, Jan 7, 2016
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey mate,

Yeah is easy enough, just follow the instructiosn below Xbox one auto powerdown... is there a way to turn it off? :)

How to configure the power settings:

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Power.

Under Turn off or restart, you have the following options:
    • Turn Xbox off – This is another way to turn off your console.
    • Restart now – This restarts your console immediately.
    • Turn off after This allows you to set your console to turn off automatically when not being used. Your options are:
    • 1 hour of inactivity
    • 6 hours of inactivity
    • Don't turn off automatically
    Let us know if you have any troubles Xbox one auto powerdown... is there a way to turn it off? :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Maverickk42
    Maverickk42 Guest
    There it is! Thanks Denaz.

Strange, I swear I looked in there which was why I was so confused. Either way, Thanks for the help. Found it and changed it.

Cheers Xbox one auto powerdown... is there a way to turn it off? :)

Maverickk42, Oct 31, 2018
  6. DENAz666 Win User

Hey mate,

Yeah is easy enough, just follow the instructiosn below :)

How to configure the power settings:

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Power.

Under Turn off or restart, you have the following options:
    • Turn Xbox off – This is another way to turn off your console.
    • Restart now – This restarts your console immediately.
    • Turn off after This allows you to set your console to turn off automatically when not being used. Your options are:
    • 1 hour of inactivity
    • 6 hours of inactivity
    • Don't turn off automatically
    Let us know if you have any troubles :)

Cheers

Denaz
  7. Maverickk42 Win User

There it is! Thanks Denaz.

Strange, I swear I looked in there which was why I was so confused. Either way, Thanks for the help. Found it and changed it.

Cheers :)
  8. BongKaos Win User

xbox 360 not turning off

It's normal IMO. It sometimes takes a bit of time for the system to turn off especialy if you powerdown while using an app or game. Try to powerdown without an internet connection........ See if you get the same results. GOOD LUCK!!!
  9. BongKaos Win User

HELP PLZZZ

Indeed, Simply turn off your network....Computer/Modem/Router/Xbox Etc.... Powerdown a good Hour.. or Overnight. Let things cool down and try again. GOOD LUCK!!!
  10. BongKaos Win User

Im was threatend to be hacked

If you are worried, go ahead and powerdown your modem/router. Leave the system turned off for a while. That may reset your IP address. GOOD LUCK!!!
Thema:

1. Xbox one auto powerdown... is there a way to turn it off? - Similar Threads - auto powerdown turn

2. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  3. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  4. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  5. grand theft auto five, literally need someone for a duo or squad

in XboX Insiders
    grand theft auto five, literally need someone for a duo or squad: looking for girls to play gta with submitted by /u/binkybites [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox only auto updates games I’m not playing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox only auto updates games I’m not playing.: Why does my Xbox not auto update. I have my standby mode turned on, and it does auto update! BUT LITERALLY DOESNT UPDATE THE GAME I PLAY?! I can play SOT for months and get updates and it will not...
  7. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  8. Xbox auto deleting game files?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox auto deleting game files?!: So I have a question for you guys. Ive seen lots of questions but little answers. Seeing if anybody is able to assist with a fix. So I decide to play my COD MW3. I boot up the game and it says I...
  9. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  10. Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is...: I have a sceptre 1440p 27 inch monitor that supports 165 hz on display port. I used a hdmi to DisplayPort adapter, which supports 2k at 120 hz or more. I can’t choose 1440p and 120 hz at the same...