Xbox one audio has been weird lately (distorted audio)

Discus and support Xbox one audio has been weird lately (distorted audio) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Having a lot of problems recently A week ago all of my game audio sounded weird, I looked up what to do and it said to clear my MAC address. I did... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by unwanted_, Aug 19, 2020.

1. unwanted_
    unwanted_ Guest

Having a lot of problems recently

A week ago all of my game audio sounded weird, I looked up what to do and it said to clear my MAC address. I did that and it worked fine. Then I joined a friends party and I couldn’t hear anyone. I reset my Xbox and it was fine. Then it stopped working
    again so I reset my Xbox, now I couldn’t hear game audio and party audio. I reset it again and it worked fine. Then I couldn’t hear again, I reset my Xbox and my controller stopped working. Then I reset it and it was fine. This has been happening for a week
    now. Sometimes clearlint the MAC address doesnt even fix the problem now. Ive reset my xbox countless times and only sometimes it works. It can not be my headset or controller because i used another controller and the same problme happened and i used another
    headset with the same problem happening

:)

unwanted_, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Luk445 Win User

Gears 5 only host has full audio. Win10 Xbox

Hi Cao,

Gears 5 right now its experiencing a lot of errors, maybe you are experiencing one of those.

All of you try updating your audio drivers and doing the following recomended by the GOW support website

https://support.gearsofwar.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033431551-Audio-is-choppy-distorted-has-static
  3. Aisan potato Win User

DISTORTED AUDIO ON XBOX ONE

Did you check your hdmi cables and your xbox display settings?

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output.
    3. Select Video fidelity & overscan.
    4. Under Display, select HDMI.
    I just changed that option to HDMI and my HDMI cables are plugged in as normal. However, the audio is still distorted for both Windows Sonic and Stereo Uncompressed
  4. QUEENMISFITS Win User

DISTORTED AUDIO ON XBOX ONE

Did you check your hdmi cables and your xbox display settings?

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output.
    3. Select Video fidelity & overscan.
    4. Under Display, select HDMI.
  5. StainableDog Win User

Headset Adapter Support (Live Chat)

I found I was having problems with the audio there was a sort of echo/reverb on the game audio. I found out if I turned the volume on the turtle beach headset 100% down and then just used the audio controls on the stereo adapter it fixed the issue.

The problem seems to be I was getting game audio from the TV into the head phones which was going via the volume control on the TB headset wire, and previously on the 360 just the chat was coming from the pad. With the new adapter on the Xbox One it pulls
    the game audio and the chat audio via the pad, and I was also getting the game audio from the TV with a slight delay causing the distorted sound.

Basically turn the game volume on the wire control thing on the TB headset fully down and it sorts the distorted game audio.

The way the chat adapter volumes work is the 2 buttons on the left control the balance between game and chat audio, the middle is mute and the two on the right are master volume. This can be confusing as the two on the right used to be chat volume on the
    adapter that came with the original Xbox One headset/mic thing.

Hope that helps in some way.

SD
  6. CHERRYxMUSTANG Win User

Audio crackles and pops

I have been having a similar problem with audio pops and crackles.

When I have my Xbox One connected to my TV with an HDMI cable and my surround sound receiver plugged into my TVs optical out port the audio pops and crackles (only from the Xbox One, not from any other audio source going into my TV and out to the receiver.)
    Yet if I plug my receiver directly into the Xbox's optical port the audio plays normally with no distortion whatsoever. I even tried replacing the HDMI cord but got no results that had no popping or crackling in the audio. Hence leading me to believe that
    the HDMI port on the Xbox one is having trouble sending audio to the TV through its HDMI cord as I even tested each of my 4 HDMI in ports on my gaming TV and my living room TV that achieved the same exact popping and crackling audio issues.
Thema:

1. Xbox one audio has been weird lately (distorted audio) - Similar Threads - audio has been

2. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  3. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  4. Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?

in XboX Insiders
    Has there been any progress on audio lag for Dolby Atmos and other Dolby options?: It has been a slight issue honestly for me since the implementation of the audio option. I connect through an AV receiver to tv. It's only with Dolby options that there is any noticable audio lag....
  5. It has now been 4 years since the Youtube audio sync Issue

in XboX Insiders
    It has now been 4 years since the Youtube audio sync Issue: 4 years since this has been an issue, dating back to the Xbox One S, and now being an issue with the Series S and X. Even after all this time, thousands of complaints and posts, we haven't seen a...
  6. It has been years and there is still no fix to YouTube audio constantly desyncing on Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    It has been years and there is still no fix to YouTube audio constantly desyncing on Xbox...: This seems like such a common problem that every couple of minutes the audio de syncs from the video and seems like there are many people that have had this issue and that it has been reported. Is...
  7. Has Glitched Audio On The Dash Been Fixed in Omega and/or Delta?

in XboX Insiders
    Has Glitched Audio On The Dash Been Fixed in Omega and/or Delta?: Per the corresponding release notes: "Navigation and selection sounds should now play smoothly and not get cut off on the dashboard." Glitched audio on the dash was supposedly fixed with the...
  8. Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

in XboX Insiders
    Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...: Please don't bother replying if you're using headphones, as this issue should be irrelevant to you. The audio delay is introduced somewhere between the XSX, TV and receiver. It appears to be tied...
  9. I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting

in XboX Insiders
    I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting: I'm on the Alpha Channel. I might be going bananas, but I'm 90% confident that Dolby Upmixing has been enabled on the console in the absence of any settings toggle. I first noticed this while...
  10. The MS BlueRay has been having audio freezes with the StarWars series of movies; anyone else ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The MS BlueRay has been having audio freezes with the StarWars series of movies; anyone else ...: I think that this could be a problem with the decoder that you are using to decode the blue-ray movies with. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with the audio freezing, then a few...