Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes.

Discus and support Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes. When going to setting\general option I notice the app is missing Xbox Game bar and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sarlocc, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Sarlocc
    Sarlocc Guest

Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes. When going to setting\general option I notice the app is missing Xbox Game bar and seem like it cant install it.

:)

Sarlocc, Aug 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update Sarlocc

If you try installing the Xbox app directly from the Microsoft store, do you experience the same issue like with the game bar? (Download doesn't start)

If that's the case, let's try first repairing the Microsoft store.

**Don't forget to uninstall temporarily the current Xbox app

If the first method doesn't work, go to the second:

Method 1. Repair Windows Store:

1. Go to settings> Update and Security> troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooter> Then click Windows Store apps
    2. Temporarily Disable the Anti-virus (If you have third party anti viru)
    3. Run Powershell
    4. On Powershell(admin), copy and paste the command below:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Method 2. repair Windows Store and update components

Open Powershell with Admin or CMD with Admin (Press Windows key + X then click Windows Powershell(Admin))
    Copy each line of command to Powershell then press enter (one line at a time)
    net stop bits
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop appidsvc
    net stop cryptsvc
    Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"
    rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
    rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q
    regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh winsock reset proxy
    net start bits
    net start wuauserv
    net start appidsvc
    net start cryptsvc

Once done restart the device and try installing both Xbox app and Game Bar

Original thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Sarlocc. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Both the Xbox app and the Game Bar are uninstalling themselves? They are both missing from the Apps list on your computer?

Would you please tell me if you are running Windows 10 or 11 on your computer?

Waiting for your reply.
  4. Sarlocc Win User

Well try to do clean up the method describe but it does not work. I've decided to upgrade the operating system to windows 11. Downloading xbox game bar works and Xbox app works but now the issue of xbox app uninstalling itself still occurs. Not sure what is happening.
  5. Sarlocc Win User

Hey Joseph thanks for reaching out.

Yes I download the Xbox app from this xbox website https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc.

I installed the app using their xboxinstaller.exe installer.

I think its installed in C drive, the installer just run itself and never once allow me to select which drive to install the app.

On the question of game bar download issue, I found that when I first notice xbox app uninstall itself, the "Xbox game bar" would not work.

Every time I press Win+G a window would pop up saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link" and it make me go look it up at

microsoft store. Even when I have Xbox app downloaded Xbox game bar would not work.

When I try to download it from the store, it would get stuck on download.
  6. Sarlocc Win User

Yes, the xbox app uninstall itself randomly if I put the app in the background. The xbox app seem like its looking for the xbox game bar. I tried to install the xbox game bar by just downloading the xbox game bar app through microsoft store app but it would always be stuck on the download and never could download the xbox game bar app. I could always download the xbox app installer and reinstall xbox app but it would always uninstall itself randomly.

I am running windows 10 home edition version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

I have a MSI GE63 Raider RGB 8SF

CPU: intel i7-8750h

Ram: 16GB

Video Card: Geforce RTX 2070

system hard drive space: 300gb drive with 21 gb free space

additional data hard drive space: 175gb drive with 77 gb free space

another additional drive to store programs: 1tb with 443gb free space
Thema:

1. Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes. - Similar Threads - app keeps uninstalling

2. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  3. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  4. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  5. my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .

in XboX Insiders
    my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .: I don't use the xbox app it gives a black screen problem I can't play games on my computer. I've tried all sorts of things, like deleting, installing, updating Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  6. Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.: On both my phone and Xbox Game Bar, it keeps telling me that I earned points, but when I go to open the app, nothing comes up and it just takes me to my profile. Only about 35% of the time does it...
  7. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  8. Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App

in XboX Insiders
    Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App: I have found this on my profile, after the pop-up shows up everytime in my Gamepass app. Everything works fine. I don’t know why it keeps coming up. Any fix? Thank you! submitted by...
  9. I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do: So I load up fall out 4 and this message come up. But I have more than enough storage and two storage drives. I tried taking out the storage drives but it still says it....
  10. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...