Xbox one and series X home share issue

Discus and support Xbox one and series X home share issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought Ghost recon breakpoint recently. Loaded perfectly on my series x. Went to download on my Xbox one and it shows I still need to purchase it in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dj m1, Jan 26, 2023.

1. dj m1
    dj m1 Guest

Bought Ghost recon breakpoint recently. Loaded perfectly on my series x. Went to download on my Xbox one and it shows I still need to purchase it in store. Pretty sure this Ghost recon isn’t series X only

:)

dj m1, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Sdw Black Win User

Hogwarts Legacy not compatible.

I have a Xbox series X and Xbox one. And when I try to purchase the deluxe edition on the series X I also get the red exclamation "not playable on this device" which is weird. However I do see that under the more info option of the game details it states. " Installation install on your home Xbox one console plus have access when you're connected to your Microsoft account" not sure if it's related but my Xbox series X is sharing home profiles with my Xbox one hecne the series X is set as the home for the Xbox one and vice versa. Were you able to download it and play ?.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Yes, that's correct. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint can be played on both Xbox One and Xbox Series XIS. Kindly make sure that the account that bought the game is set as Home Xbox on your Xbox One by following the steps below.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

3. Select Make this my home Xbox.

If it's set as Home Xbox, please try to resync the Xbox profile that owns the game by following the steps below. Make sure that you know your account logins before doing these steps.

REMOVE PROFILE:

To remove a profile: From Profile & system, select Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select a profile, then select Remove.

POWER CYCLE CONSOLE:

To restart your console: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller, and then select Restart console > Restart. To power cycle your console if it's frozen: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller for 10 seconds. Then press the Xbox button on the console or on your controller to turn your console back on.

RE-ADD PROFILE:

To add an Xbox profile to a console, press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to Profile & system. Select Add or switch, and then select Add new and follow the instructions.
  4. Mikesters982 x Win User

Xbox Series X Game Share Not Working

I recently purchased an Xbox Series X, I game share with a friend and assumed we had to do all the Home Xbox stuff again.
    I added his account and made my Series X his Home Xbox and he added my account and made his Xbox my Home Xbox.

However, he has access to both of our libraries whereas I only have access to just my library and we have no clue as to why this is.
    He then removed my account and tried again and still Game Sharing isn't working.

Unsure if its a bug/issue with the Series X or not but another friend of mine got an Series X and hasn't had issues with Game Sharing with his brother.

I'd appreciate some help with this, I'll be visiting my friend soon who I'm Game Sharing with to see if it was done correctly or not.
    For what it’s worth, I have the exact same issue as you described, even down to my friend having access to my library but not the other way around. This issue has only started very recently as well.
  5. XBF Meryem R Win User

Xbox Series X and One X home sharing issue?

Hello there!

Regarding your issue, I believe that you will need to try and remove your account and then add it back. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

If the issue persists please try to reset the console following the steps on this link with keeping your games and apps How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support.

Once the reset is done try again to make your account his own Xbox, and make sure that his account is not set as home Xbox on the console too.
  6. Belle B Win User

Related to modern warfare 2 cross gen

Hi Mario

Sorry to hear about that, however, if his home is your Xbox one, then definitely, the home will not transfer to your Series X. If he switched his home to your Series X, it would be best to switch to his profile in order to completely download all the packs needed for the game.

Please note that game sharing outside someone's household would be against the terms of use.
Thema:

1. Xbox one and series X home share issue - Similar Threads - series home share

2. Call Of Duty With Tmobile Home Internet On Xbox One Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call Of Duty With Tmobile Home Internet On Xbox One Series X: When I first tried connecting my Xbox One to my T-Mobile home internet I couldn't even connect to Xbox Live but I plugged the Xbox into the modem with an ethernet cable and now the game works fine...
  3. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won’t connect to home WiFi: Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my other devices such as my phone are connected...
  4. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  5. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f
  6. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  7. When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...: When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix the problem. (0x80073d0f) and I can’t access my profile home or my games and apps...
  8. Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X): Hello! We were playing starfield last night (12/28). After we turned off the game, we ate dinner then went to play again. Upon reaching the Home Screen where it says “press any button to start”...
  9. My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile...: Hello! My xbox has had a problem for a few months off and on regarding connectivity. Randomly, it wont connect to my home Wi-Fi on startup and will not connect to it, no matter restarting the xbox...
  10. Upgraded Wife to a Series X, changed my account to be home Xbox on her new cons but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgraded Wife to a Series X, changed my account to be home Xbox on her new cons but it...: As the question states, I recently bought my wife an Xbox Series X. I changed my account to be home xbox on her account so that she can get access to Game Pass Ultimate like she had on her Xbox...