Xbox One and Projector?

Discus and support Xbox One and Projector? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For many years I have enjoyed gaming on a 100" screen via my projector and Xbox360. I just can't imagine ever gaming on a TV. I'm a big believer in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by krubble, Jan 3, 2014.

1. krubble
    krubble Guest

Xbox One and Projector?

For many years I have enjoyed gaming on a 100" screen via my projector and Xbox360. I just can't imagine ever gaming on a TV.

I'm a big believer in not buying new hardware when it first comes out. I have to problems waiting until all the issues are resolved, or even better - until the next generation comes out (Xbox One Elite?). However, I'm trying to prepare myself
    for the fact that I'm forced to upgrade to Xbox One due to games no longer playing on the Xbox 360.

I have searched the internet up and down to find an answer on how to successfully connect an Xbox One to a projector and audio system (splitting audio and video), but not found a real answer. Most discussions are about making the Kinect work with a projector.
    I have no interest in the Kinect, I just want the Xbox One to work with a projector.

My Questions:

1. My Xbox and audio equipment is behind me on a shelf.

Does the Xbox One work behind you if you don't use the Kinect?

2. I have to be able to split audio and video (projector/audio system).

Is there a way to replace the HDMI cable with a component cable?

3. When I transferred my gamertag to the Elite, my old Xbox got wiped, and I was no longer able to use it.

If I transfer to Xbox One will I no longer to use my Xbox 360?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

krubble, Jan 3, 2014
  2. D U UP 22
    D U UP 22 Guest
    Xbox One and Projectors

CornPuff do you have the Epson 8350?

D U UP 22, Jan 3, 2014
  3. CornPuff
    CornPuff Guest
    Xbox One and Projectors

I searched for my projector model and 'IR Code' and found a post on AVForums with the that string "NEC-Format (Custom Code = 8355h)".

When I did a search for that I lucked into a product manual for a different projector, which I guessed was compatible. It's not perfect though, I noticed when I say "Xbox mute" it switched the video input, but I just really wanted power on and power off.

CornPuff, Jan 3, 2014
  4. pkvas
    pkvas Guest

Xbox One and Projector?

You have to use hdmi directly from the one but I believe you can plug that into an adapter the other questions shouldn't be a problem

pkvas, Jan 3, 2014
  5. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest
    I'm using a projector now (I don't have an X1) If I am not mistaken there is an optical out, which is what I would be using to go into my older receiver. I think it's still limited to stereo only though. No 5.1 digital. If your projector doesn't take HDMI
    than your concerns are more than just audio

jaihawk, Jan 3, 2014
  6. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="krubble"]However, I'm trying to prepare myself for the fact that I'm forced to upgrade to Xbox One due to games no longer playing on the Xbox 360.[/quote]You aren't "forced" to do anything. Consoles have a life cycle. That's how consoles work.
    This is not something "new". Microsoft plans to sell another 25 million 360 consoles. It'll be around for a couple more years, at least.

If you want a platform that has no "end", buy a PC and switch to PC gaming.
    Assuming your projector has no HDMI or VGA, there's only one "real" answer, a
    HD Fury.
    Kinect is not required.
    Not
    without an active adapter like the HD Fury. There are cheaper options if your projector supports VGA - powered HDMI to VGA adapters cost around $50.
    gamertag
    recovery has never been configured to erase a 360 console. If you delete a gamertag and don't pay attention to the screen, you may accidentally delete save games associated with a gamertag, but the act of gamertag recovery never wiped consoles. This is a moot
    point as in 2010 MS made it possible for one's profile to be downloaded to multiple 360 consoles simultaneously.
    You can use both an Xbox One and a 360 at the same
    time with the same gamertag.

IceStorm III, Jan 3, 2014
  7. krubble
    krubble Guest
    Thanks IceStorm. My projector has an HDMI in port, but if I use that, the sound would come from from the projector which is horrible. I want only the video to feed into the projector, the audio should feed into my stereo system (for theater sound effect).
    You can see my setup here:

[View:]

I will look into the HD Fury adapter. Thanks for the tip.

Are you sure that Kinect is not required. Everywhere I went it said that it is required for the Xbox One to function properly?

The transfer instructions (via transfer cable) did warn that the hard drive will be wiped on the old console, and that the gamer tag can no longer be used on it. I did a lot of research before I did the transfer. I'm happy to hear that this is not the case
    with the transfer to Xbox One. So I assume you don't need a transfer cable for the Xbox One???

krubble, Jan 7, 2014
  8. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest

Xbox One and Projector?

In regards to the video/audio split

Ideal scenario:

You have a newer receiver that accepts multiple HDMI inputs. Using HDMI this will allow the sound to run through the receiver first thus outputting sound there. Sure you'll have to mute the projector sound.

My setup:

An older receiver with optical inputs, but no HDMI. I bypass the receiver for all video using a small HDMI auto switching box ($10 on Amazon). Use the receiver for sound only, usually the optical. Since the HDMI box auto switches, there are no more steps
    to changing the source then if I had a newer receiver. The sound does travel through the HDMI still, but I just mute the projector.

This works great until I want to hook something up that has ONLY HDMI, such as the latest design for the Xbox 360. I would need some sort of contraption that splits the two, which I think are out there.

If your stereo/receiver doesn't accept optical...then you could try this

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_2

jaihawk, Feb 14, 2014
  9. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest
    nvm on that link. For specific purposes only.

jaihawk, Feb 14, 2014
  10. [quote user="krubble"]

Are you sure that Kinect is not required. Everywhere I went it said that it is required for the Xbox One to function properly?

[/quote]

The Kinect is definitely not required for the console to run, I just checked with mine and I remember them saying they were going to get rid of that requirement before launch. The only thing you might want to have Kinect for is facial recognition for signing
    in, voice commands, and the Xbox One's interface was obviously meant to run side by side with Kinect from the way things are laid out.

NathanielLarson, Oct 31, 2018
  11. ToddAnsell Win User

3d blu ray

Watched a 3d bluray this weekend on our projector and it worked perfectly, the Xbox one even automatically put the projector in 3d mode.
  12. Bretator Win User

Need to Hook X Box One Up to Speakers

The Xbox One is hooked up to a projector. I tried running the red and white audio wires from the projector and then directly to the speakers. I do not have it hooked up to a TV. I am using a projector with a screen on the wall. Still no sound from the
    home theater speakers, there is sound coming out of the projector.
  13. Internet Expert Win User

XBox One Problems with Pioneer VSX-324-K-P

By "beamer", do you mean a projector? What is the model number of your projector?

What is also the resolution you are running your Xbox at? 720p? 1080p? 4K (if an Xbox One S)?
  14. Unreal Warfare Win User

XBox One w/ Receiver Setup

I'm assuming you want the direct feed to the projector to eliminate input lag from using the receiver? Your projector has two HDMI In ports to achieve this (one for the receiver, one of the Xbox One)?

Or do you plan to plug the receiver into the Xbox One HDMI In?
  15. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector

Hi Alexus. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Which Xbox One model do you have? Is it the original Xbox One, the Xbox One S, or the Xbox One X?

What happens when you connect it to the projector? Does the projector just display no signal?

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

Xbox One and Projector?

1. Xbox One and Projector? - Similar Threads - Projector

2. Problems with a projector setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with a projector setup: I've been using a projector setup for almost 3 years now, and only have been experiencing issues like this recently. It says that my controller is disconnected, my controllers light stays on,...
  3. Xbox One **** off projector after ~15min. Anyone have a solution?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One **** off projector after ~15min. Anyone have a solution?: After about 15 min of use the projector connected to the Xbox will shutdown. Have tried different HDMI cables and ports on AV receiver, but same problem. Xbox One is not configured to power up or...
  4. Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector: I’m having trouble connecting my Xbox 1 to my new freestyle projector. I believe the issue lies with the Xbox signal not being able to keep up with the 4K projectors signal. I’m using a micro hdmi...
  5. XBOX screen doesn't show up on projector

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX screen doesn't show up on projector: My XOBX X is connected through Samsung Soundbar Q990C to Optoma UHZ66 4K UHD projector. Second HDMI port on the Samsung soundbar is connected to Chromecast Ultra. I have no problem using...
  6. Problem with running 4K on a XNoogo 1300ANS projector

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with running 4K on a XNoogo 1300ANS projector: I have a Xbox Series X and a native 1080P with 4K playback support XNoogo 1300ANS projector. I can't seem to get it to play on 4K though. I'm currently running 1440 with a 60HZ refresh rate. It...
  7. How do I get the audio at my PC to work thru my Epson overhead projector?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the audio at my PC to work thru my Epson overhead projector?: How do I get the audio at my laptop PC work thru my Epson overhead projector? 178ee382-da5f-437e-9430-677137fe9fff
  8. 4K HDR system menu option to improve display on 4K projectors

in XboX Insiders
    4K HDR system menu option to improve display on 4K projectors: My setup: AVR with 4K, Series X, 4K laser projector, optical HDMI cable for 2.1 speed (verified). The system menus on Xbox are scaled up to 4K (you can clearly see the blown up pixels not...
  9. When connecting my Chuwi Windows 10 mini pc to my Xgimi projector via HDMI, WiFi will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When connecting my Chuwi Windows 10 mini pc to my Xgimi projector via HDMI, WiFi will not...: I have a Chuwi Windows 10 Mini Pc which works perfectly connected to my LG TV or Dell Monitor connected via HDMI Leads of varying types and also connects faultlessly to my home WiFi in various...
  10. Xbox Series X not able to control Optoma UHD60 Projector

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X not able to control Optoma UHD60 Projector: I recently upgraded to a Series X from a One S. After many hours of research back in 2021, I set up device control so my One S could control power/volume/etc. on both my AV receiver (Yamaha...