Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick)

Discus and support Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This issue started about a week or so ago. My console is 2-3 years old and well kept after. No issues until now. Problem: After playing a game for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Troeds, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Troeds
    Troeds Guest

Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick)

This issue started about a week or so ago. My console is 2-3 years old and well kept after. No issues until now.

Problem:

After playing a game for around 5-10 minutes it just shuts down. Console and power brick are then both dead and cannot be turned on.

I unplug everything, wait for a minute or so (as instructed by Microsoft's help page) and the reconnect the cables.

I can now boot up the console without problem and I get a
    steady white light on the power brick. I can then play for another 5-10 minutes before it happens all over again. Sometimes it takes longer.

Many people seem to have this problem and it's probably the power brick that's malfunctioning. But what's different is that they're getting flashing white/orange lights or no light at all.
    That's not the case for me!

This week I managed to play for three nights without any problems, but today it all went black again...

Unfortunately, Microsofts support page is a joke and doesn't resolve anything.

I can't seem to find any working fix for it online. Any suggestions? I would be very thankful!

:)

Troeds, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Troeds Win User

Okay, the only option is to go to a store then I guess! I don't doubt it's the PSU that's faulty. I'm trying to see now if it has anything to do with surges or voltage drops at home.

Thanks!
  3. Troeds Win User

Thank you for answering!

I will definitely consider doing that.

One question though! Is this only available with a warranty? I bought it in like 2016, so it's probably expired.
  4. Eden0032 Win User

Hi there. It sounds like a faulty power brick. You would be best off requesting a repair/replacement at the Device Support webpage: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com/

You will need to register your Xbox One console in order to order the repair/replacement which should be with you a week after they receive the faulty device.

I hope that helps.

-
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Troeds,

Some game stores may allow you to connect if they have one set up to see what happens. Maybe a friend or family member has a Xbox one with same PSU. Only reason I say this is the PSU is $30-$50 to replace a console to get repaired is $120-$160.

Brad
  6. Troeds Win User

Thanks for the answer!

No, I've never got an error message about ventilation. I'm very careful with where I place the console and brick, so overheating shouldn't really be an issue. But electronics do get warm after much use, so I could be wrong.

I can't get another PSU other than buying a new one, unfortunately. But I'll keep that in mind!
Thema:

1. Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick) - Similar Threads - power brick has

2. purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...: need help with the above question f02c1c57-ebc2-487d-91c4-fbd4ca38a7af
  3. Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?: My Xbox power brick has a bright red light whenever the Xbox one is turned off, but when I turn it on it has a weak green light, it hasn’t affected me in any way but I want to make sure...
  4. is my power brick busted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is my power brick busted?: a couple of months ago my xbox stopped working, when i would go to plug in my xbox, the power brick would be orange for about a second or so, then turn off. i tried using it again today to see if...
  5. xbox 360 power brick has no light. no clue but opened its cover

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 power brick has no light. no clue but opened its cover: i cant jave my xbox 360 slim turn on because the power brick. thaught it was a fuse issue but i dont think so. i also tried other plugs and it still wont work. so i opened the casing of the power...
  6. Xbox turns on for a second then turns off immediately, also power brick has a orange light.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox turns on for a second then turns off immediately, also power brick has a orange light.: My problem is that when I try to turn on my Xbox one it turns on for a second then turns off. I have tried a lot of videos that say unplug everything from the xbox then wait ten seconds to plug it...
  7. power brick has no light still

in XBoX on Consoles
    power brick has no light still: my xbox one has no light on the power brick and there was no noise or no poping sound. I was just playing on it having no problems at all and it was late so I decided to go to bed so I shut...
  8. Xbox One Power Brick has Green Light, the console fan is working overtime but the Console ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Brick has Green Light, the console fan is working overtime but the Console ...: I just got the XBox One a few days ago. It's been working fine except from occasionally tripping off and back in again. Yesterday it tripped off so I turn it off to cool down a bit. When I tried...
  9. XB1 Power brick has orange light until I plug it into console, then goes dead

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Power brick has orange light until I plug it into console, then goes dead: Been having power issues with my XBox One, in that it won't turn on. I don't recall a brownout anytime in the recent past, but maybe one happened while I wasn't home? Either way, it's not...
  10. Power Brick has no Warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Brick has no Warranty?: OK, so I contacted customer support about my problem with getting no power to my Xbox One consul when I plug in the power brick. The power brick would be yellow/orange, but as soon as I plugged it...