Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks??

Discus and support Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We bought my son an xbox One all digital (not realising it was all digital) for Christmas and his Aunts and grandparents bought him CD games for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MummyHG, Dec 27, 2019.

  1. MummyHG
    MummyHG Guest

    Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks??


    We bought my son an xbox One all digital (not realising it was all digital) for Christmas and his Aunts and grandparents bought him CD games for Christmas, is there a way of using the cd's and uploading them to his digital account without having to re-buy
    them digitally? Or is there a way to attach an external drive to the digital console to use disks.... Just thinking all the one disks we are able to inherit from older cousins will all be lost, so might be best off returning the digital box and paying the
    £40 more for the disk based one

    :)
     
    MummyHG, Dec 27, 2019
    #1
  2. Daft Badger Win User

    Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks??

    As long as it's not a online only game (it should tell you if it is in the games description on the store) then you won't need a gold sub to play any downloaded games.

    The only exception is the xbox one games with gold.

    Each month gold subscribers are offered 4 free games,2 xbox one games & 2 xbox 360 or original xbox games.

    You do need a gold subscription to play the free xbox one games.
  3. MummyHG Win User

    Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks??

    Thanks for your prompt response. Do you know also... With the 3 month subscription, does this allow you to download games to use after the subscription expires or do you need to have an continuous active subscription to use games? (gaming clueless mum
    here)
  4. NaZoooom Win User

    Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks??

    Hi MummyHG,

    Unfortunately there is not, no. The Xbox all digital is for gamers who have an all digital games collection/want to play GamePass.

    I would suggest not opening or using the Xbox and retuning it to the store you purchased it from and seeing if they will offer a remedy after giving them an explanation.
  5. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

    Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

    The all digital xbox one s does not support external disk drives currently
  6. ngocphi Win User

    Two Xbox One Series X in one Home

    Series x consoles are NOT xbox ones

    They ate just xbox series x or s

    It's to avoid confusion xbox one games are compatible with xbox one all versions except for disk games on digital and can use hdds

    Vs series consoles all digital series content work on series consoles

    But disk games work only on disk consoles and next gen storage
Thema:

Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks??

Loading...
  1. Xbox One all digital - how and we use our current xbox One disks?? - Similar Threads - digital current disks

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  10. I want to play a game I bought digitally but my Microsoft account is currently locked

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to play a game I bought digitally but my Microsoft account is currently locked: I want to play a game I bought digitally but my Microsoft account is currently locked So I can’t sign in and when I try launch the game it says the person who bought this must sign in...