Xbox One Advanced Exchange Debacle/ Horrible Customer Service

Discus and support Xbox One Advanced Exchange Debacle/ Horrible Customer Service in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am stationed overseas, in Germany, and recently purchased an Xbox One via Gamestop.com and after receiving it, noticed a loud clicking sound emitting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by B1985sFinest, Jan 4, 2014.

1. B1985sFinest
    B1985sFinest Guest

I am stationed overseas, in Germany, and recently purchased an Xbox One via Gamestop.com and after receiving it, noticed a loud clicking sound emitting from the hard disk area. I log onto Microsoft.com and start chatting with a rep. They tell me that
    I need a replacement Xbox One, and it would be very simple to get me one, despite me voicing concerns about me being at an APO, AE address. They pointed me to the website to start an advanced exchange. To my surprise, when I went there, that option was not
    available. I was confused but I had already ended my chat session, so I enabled another one. This service REP again told me to do the same thing, but I told her I did already and it did not work. She put me on hold and then after a long wait told me they
    would need to call me on the phone. The problem was I have a German phone number and they could not call me. So I said I will call you guys.

I spoke to a very professional and polite gentlemen, Robert, and after going through the WHOLE story for the third time was told that option would not be available to me due to my location. He apologized for the previous REPS giving me BAD information.
    He was, or at least seemed, genuinely upset about not being able to do anything for me and offered me a free game code (which I later found out was a 360 code). He then told me I needed to go through German support.

So I call German support them and they tell me this is the first time they have ever dealt with this situation, but assured me they could take care of me. They requested my physical address and stated my Xbox One would be an US SPEC Xbox, but then
    after getting to the credit card billing information, there was a problem, my billing and shipping address did not match, uh oh. Now, after an hour on the phone with her, she told me she could not process it, and told me another department in Germany would
    call me back within a few days. So I wait, and wait, and wait, no call. I call German support, tell them the story for the millionth time it seemed liked and provided him the REF number. At this point, I had changed one of my credit cards billing addresses
    to reflect my shipping address; problem solved, right? Nope. He stated the problem should be resolve now, since I updated my billing information, and when he was going through the process ran into problems on his screen. The system wanted me to pay 99 Euro,
    when in fact it should be free. The REP was puzzled and had to speak to mangers many times, and came back and told me he had no idea why the screen reflected I needed to pay and how sorry he was and that another department would call me no later than a week
    later.

A week passed, did someone re-contact me; sure didn’t. So I now re-establish another hail-mary chat session. I run through the whole story for the billionth time, and provide the REF number, blah blah blah. This guy again starts spouting the same
    procedures the previous sleuth of people told me. I now inform him, being the expert on Microsoft procedures I am at this point, that I could not in fact due the advanced exchange online because I am overseas. Anyways, after another hour-long conversation,
    the work around is I have to use an intermediary service (APObox.com) to ship the console to me since Microsoft doe not ship to APO. Eureka! Finally, a solution! The only issue now is that yes, they will ship it to this address for free, but I have to pay
    for the service to ship it to me. So I ask if there is a free game possibly I could get for incurring this expense and ALL of my troubles, and they tell me no. I say, well a previous REP gave me a code, but it was a 360 code, which I have NO use for. He
    seems confused, and asks me for the email, which I provide, but stated that they quit proving free games for HD problems at the end of December. Me, now infuriated, not because of the stupid game, but just the sheer audacity for a HUGE company not to take
    care of their customers, who, through no fault of their own, have been drug through the mud all because something so silly as just replacing a defective Xbox One, ask for a credit of some sort. He tells me he could maybe give me a “T-shirt” which I tell him
    is a laughable offer. We proceeded with the workaround, and needless to say the advanced exchange was processed. This senseless, horrific customer service is unacceptable, and for them to just say “sorry” but we wont give you anything is audacious.

Apologies for the dissertation, but I felt someone needed to know. How is it I am the FIRST American living overseas who needed a replacement console? Crazy!

:)

B1985sFinest, Jan 4, 2014
  2. urwisku
    urwisku Guest
    Service ????

Nine days old Xbox One console and then
    System Error

Then Advanced Exchange service for a new console

Three days processing time.

Why so long to ship a new
    Xbox One ?

A dissatisfied customer.

SR [Mod Removed]

urwisku, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Customer Service Debacle #1229783452

isnt this game on games on demand ..like waw mw2 and ghosts which are hacked to death, dont microsoft own games on demand yet they are knowingly selling hacked games? do you understand my point?..in otherwords ms dont give a damn

OmittedCracker7, Jan 4, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

[quote user="B1985sFinest"]How is it I am the FIRST American living overseas who needed a replacement console?[/quote]Xbox One and Xbox 360 apparently have differing support infrastructures on the back end.

Any particular reason you didn't just exchange it via GameStop?

IceStorm III, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Uncle Rastas
    Uncle Rastas Guest
    Sorry to hear you received faulty console but your case gets quite complicated due to you being stationed overseas. MS US, MS UK, MS EU etc have very different procedures and laws governing them. I would guess that being in Germany and wanting US speced
    Xbox would cause a problem through their replacement policies and procedures in the first place.

At least its all sorted now but your case is/was indeed bit unique Xbox One Advanced Exchange Debacle/ Horrible Customer Service :)

Uncle Rastas, Oct 31, 2018
  6. IceStorm III Win User

[quote user="B1985sFinest"]How is it I am the FIRST American living overseas who needed a replacement console?[/quote]Xbox One and Xbox 360 apparently have differing support infrastructures on the back end.

Any particular reason you didn't just exchange it via GameStop?
  7. Uncle Rastas Win User

Sorry to hear you received faulty console but your case gets quite complicated due to you being stationed overseas. MS US, MS UK, MS EU etc have very different procedures and laws governing them. I would guess that being in Germany and wanting US speced
    Xbox would cause a problem through their replacement policies and procedures in the first place.

At least its all sorted now but your case is/was indeed bit unique :)
  8. BD ARI GOLD Win User

Graphical Glitches - hardware issue?

Hate to say this but send it in. Had the same problems and they actually get worse as you play. Customer service told me it is an issue with the Xbox. Good luck with customer service though. It has been a week and a half and still no Xbox with the advance
    exchange program.
  9. OmittedCracker7 Win User

Customer Service Debacle #1229783452

isnt this game on games on demand ..like waw mw2 and ghosts which are hacked to death, dont microsoft own games on demand yet they are knowingly selling hacked games? do you understand my point?..in otherwords ms dont give a damn
  10. II PARALLAX II Win User

Customer Service Debacle #1229783452

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

It's all EA/DICE's fault for how poorly BF4 runs on Xbox One along with other platforms complain on their forums here.The game was rushed and that's why it's in the state that it's
    in now, but be happy that you at least were refunded for your purchase of BF premium.

[/quote]....yeah, that's an exercise in futility bud, and talkin' to those guys over at EA and Origin on the phone is like talkin' to Freud without the coke problem ...a bunch of passive "really's", "you don't say's", and "what do you think that means''
    in very heavy, hard to understand accents .....yet, not one of them is even aware that their POS game isn't working properly ....very very confidence inspiring
Thema:

1. Xbox One Advanced Exchange Debacle/ Horrible Customer Service - Similar Threads - Advanced Exchange Debacle

2. Advance warfare supply drops not showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Advance warfare supply drops not showing up: I buy 13 advanced warfare supply drops for 10$ but it's not showing up at all on my Xbox series s is there a way to get them because I tried everything but nothing is working... help...
  3. xbox insider no advanced features section

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider no advanced features section: Hello, I was going to install a Turkish patch for Shadow of War, but we need to open a setting to be able to install patches on Xbox Game Pass. The setting is "advanced installation and management...
  4. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  5. Cod advanced warfare won't save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod advanced warfare won't save: Cod advanced warfare won't save a08ccd0e-f2f0-4e28-b528-e1cc3dd3453e
  6. COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions: Help! We are trying to play EXO Zombies Local Play on split screen. We have always played in the same position. We have just purchased Xbox X and when we login to play it flips our positions. No...
  7. COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility: Hi, I recently started trying to play old Call Of Duty games on the Xbox One. I remembered that I wasn’t able to play COD: Advanced Warfare for Xbox 360 anymore because I lost the second disc....
  8. Minesweeper Level Advancement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper Level Advancement: I've reached Minesweeper level 500 (Gold Grandmaster) but no matter how many games I play now the level doesn't change. I assumed Diamond Grandmaster was a possibility and then an indefinite...
  9. Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...: I bought the Champion personalization pack for Call of duty advanced warfare when I installed it and went into game it was still locked then when I tried to reinstall from the in game store it...
  10. Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...: I got to round 10 in outbreak. I eco punched and killed 10 zombies it’s been over 24 hours and nothing. This is very disappointing because I love this zombies and the whole game but can’t get...