Xbox One Account & Console hacked into!!!!!!

Discus and support Xbox One Account & Console hacked into!!!!!! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son came home this afternoon and turned on his Xbox 1 and his dashboard was full of new games and there was one in the process of downloading right... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xNoOneLikesYoux, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Xbox One Account & Console hacked into!!!!!!

My son came home this afternoon and turned on his Xbox 1 and his dashboard was full of new games and there was one in the process of downloading right then. We removed CC info right away, called and reported CC stolen. Then my son called customer
    support at Xbox to tell them what happened- he wanted to take care of the problem and "fix it". I listened to him go back and forth with CS giving them the info they were asking for, and him telling them how he was not here today he couldn't have made these
    purchases. I let this go on for about 30 mins, but when the CS lady told my son that he just needed to "man up" and take responsibility and admit that he made the purchases- and my poor son was so frustrated I took the phone and told the CS----
    SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT YOUR SAYING THAT MY SON HAS BEEN SITTING HERE WITH HIS CONTROLLER IN HIS HAND MAKING THESE PURCHASES AND DOWNLOADING THESE GAMES TODAY. SHE SAID YES THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THAT THIS COULD HAVE
    HAPPENED. I SAID I CAN PROVIDE YOU VIDEO PROOF THAT HE WAS NOT EVEN HERE TODAY WHEN 3 OF THESE PURCHASES WERE MADE BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER ALL DAY.
    At that point we were finally given a case number and told there would be an investigation, but they really don't believe that he was hacked since the games were downloaded to
    his console. So now I (mom) am trying to figure out how this happened and how to fix it. Any suggestions? BTW- All ready tried to ask my cable company for help in tracking the IP address ect...., no help there.

:)

xNoOneLikesYoux, Jan 11, 2014
  2. Birtuosoa
    Birtuosoa Guest
    hacked my account

Good day.Dear administration please help

hacked into my account and changed all the data . login here account hacked
    [Mod Removed]

The device identifier of the xbox one [Mod Removed].

The console ID [Mod Removed]

Serial number [Mod Removed].

E-mail where you can contact me - [Mod Removed]

Birtuosoa, Jan 11, 2014
  3. account hacked

Accounts get "hacked" all the time, its truely not hacked , but the user has been fished for information probably lured by some message about free xbox stuff or games or even cheats. No one has ever hacked into the accounts held by Micro Soft.

CeasedThought, Jan 11, 2014
  4. SUP LUIS
    SUP LUIS Guest

The CS lady wouldn't believe you I believe you because that is strange games downloading and have been purchased I believe you 100% that your sons console was hacked the best you can do now is just maybe get rid of the console what else was downloading well
    the console was downloading games.

SUP LUIS, Jan 12, 2014
  5. First of all, though it happens, it's very unlikely that your console was hacked, and all of these games were being downloaded to the console. Accounts can be hacked into quite often--we hate to say it, but that does happen. No hacker would hack into a console
    and download their desired games onto that console. It wouldn't accomplish anything, as now they'd just have a bunch of games they can't play.

It does sound to me like your son was the one making all these purchases. It's possible he may have made the purchases from a computer.

Plus, if the console is not on, downloads will not proceed.

You may want to have a stern talking with your son. I know no one wants to believe that they child made any purchases without their child's consent, but it does happen.

TenthStreetRed, Jan 12, 2014
  6. The best proof you can have is to go to
    https://commerce.microsoft.com
    and have your son log in with his account information. If he made any purchases, you'll be able to see them right there, and know it's him.

7. Okay, this is Anthony, the owner of the account. The fact that you say that I am doing this, WRONG! I don't have the BALLS to do that to my dad. I fear my dad okay? And second, like my mother said, VIDEO PROOF, that I was at Wal-mart. And you saying, what
    benefit does this person have, I don't know! But there is something going on. I would not do this, and you can say that I would all you want, but Im not that person. Don't assume, because you apparently can not read what was posted. You can express your opinions
    all you want, but read the words of the original post, before saying this. And my mother has already reviewed the transactions, which is that link that you included. Please get your facts right before making assumptions like this. Thanks for not helping and
    wasting my time to read your dumbass comment and have to reply to this because you don't know how to read.

xNoOneLikesYoux, Jan 12, 2014
  8. Xbox One Account & Console hacked into!!!!!!

If you were not the one to make the transactions, then someone else in your household was. It's simple as that. What the customer service support agent said is true: The only way this could have happened was if you (Or someone else in your house) purchased
    and began downloading these games. It's not possible for a hacker to download games onto your console. The only way to do that, is with a controller in your hands, your eyes on the TV screen.

9. When someone starts making unauthorized charges on a credit card you have on your account it is a possibility that the card information was taken and is being used to make purchases of Xbox content, but if that were the case then the charges would not be
    showing up on your personal account, it would be showing up some where else, that is considered fraud and the approach you took but contacting the card provider and informing them of what is going on is the correct thing to do.

The only thing that is weird is that if someone was making these purchases and downloads, it would be showing up on that particular console, not yours. Like Tenth said, no one taking your account and card information would do all that and give you what they
    bought, they want it for themselves. If customer support informed you that all the charges were showing up on your account, on that credit card and your account is the only account that your credit card is on, those purchases were made from you console, on
    your account, not anyone else.

If you want to pursue it further then I suggest contacting customer support again, telling them to check for fraud and unauthorized charges and they can tell what is going on. They may be able to send your case to the customer advocacy team for a more thorough
    investigation and they will be able to tell where the charges came from. They will probably need information from your console like the console ID number and serial number so they can trace if the purchases were made from your personal console or from somewhere
    else like you say. They will be able to ell if your account was stolen and hacked, or if you are the one who really did it and are saying other wise.

RiposaurusRex, Jan 12, 2014
  10. TenthStreetRed- the only people that were in the house at the time of these purchases were myself (the mother) and my other son who is 5 yrs old. Neither one of us had access to the account to do this, and not to sound stupid but I have no clue about any
    of these "gaming" devices to begin with and I highly doubt my 5 yr old could have figured out how to do all of the things that were done. Also the console was turned off all day. So I am sure it is hard for you to wrap your brain around but a hacker has found
    a way to do the so called impossible. And did you really think it wouldn't happen? With this day and age and people hacking into medical files and banking files and sharing so much on the internet any company is stupid to believe that it can't happen to them.
    The funny thing is I/we are not blaming the people at Xbox we are asking for there help in finding this person so we can make him pay for what he or she has done. And the only reason I put this post on this forum was one to try and get a little help, but also
    to let other people know so that it doesn't happen to them. I would really hate for anyone to have to go through the things we are going threw right now.

xNoOneLikesYoux, Jan 13, 2014
  11. I'm going to tell you right now that you yourself would never find out who hacked into your son's account, if that actually happened. Even if you were to do as Rip said, and contact Customer Support again and have them send your case to the Customer Advocacy
    team, they would never tell you who did it or how.

I'd also like to point out that although you apparently had very good intentions, there's no way to really avoid this sort of situation, aside from watching what sort of people your son interacts with in his games--particularly GTA and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
    I have seen people be kicked offline and have their accounts stolen (But never their console hacked into) just from messing with the wrong person. That's going back to my early comment of "Though we hate to admit it, it does happen".

That in mind, if you are so convinced that it was not in any possible way your son that did this, I would follow Rip's advice. Call Customer Support and have them take a look and escalate your case. The Customer Advocacy team will be able to tell exactly
    what's going on.

TenthStreetRed, Jan 13, 2014
  12. LazyNick
    LazyNick Guest
    Srry i can help with this mess! The console was not hacked into, the account was. With (Xbox One) if someone is downloading content with ur sons account , games or dlc will download in background as soon as he signs into his xbox. It will be shown under
    my games and apps section. Its basically your download history section, like xbox 360 has.

I do believe u ur son was hacked but not his xbox but his account was. They are probably using the My home xbox setting, its new to xbox . As long as u change it back to ur xbox as home, the hacker wont be able to play these games. But u wont be getting
    ur money back in any case , srry for your problem cause i was too ive been hacked before so i know how this works. And about being hacked he probably signed into a fake site n signed in with his xbox live info, and thats most likely how he got hacked.

LazyNick, Feb 1, 2014
  13. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Change your password on your xbox live account as well.

BusGod, Feb 2, 2014
  14. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    Also to the original poster please review this site:
    www.xbox.com/.../stolen-account

Good Luck- Let us know if we can be of further assistance- Sorry to hear about your troubles.

BusGod, Feb 2, 2014
  15. dipset3576
    dipset3576 Guest
    If you log into xbox.xom with your xbox live account, you can purchase downloadable games which will automatically start downloading to your console. The best thing to do is contact your credit card company and have the charges reversed, then change your
    xbox live password. Microsoft is not going to do anything about this.

dipset3576, Feb 9, 2014
Thema:

1. Xbox One Account & Console hacked into!!!!!! - Similar Threads - Account Console hacked

2. Will anyone be able to access my account if I delete it from my Xbox One S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will anyone be able to access my account if I delete it from my Xbox One S console?: I am going to sell my console and would like to know if by deleting my account from my Xbox One S no one will be able to access it and my game progress. If I open or register my account to my new...
  3. Connecting 2 accounts same console on Minecraft please Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connecting 2 accounts same console on Minecraft please Help!: My husband and I have recently downloaded Minecraft. We’ve been building a world on his account and me as a guest “second controller”. Today I decided to add my account to the console. I can open...
  4. My Xbox account was banned within a week of purchasing an Xbox console.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account was banned within a week of purchasing an Xbox console.: [img] I am a 39-year-old gamer. I bought a new Xbox Series X on December 17, 2023. After getting XSX, I played Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare (Xbox360) and Advanced Warfare (Xbox360) multiplayer...
  5. If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?: So I want know in the past you can set the console to home console and remove the account with the effects still in play so nobody plays on your account. Does this still work for the Series S and...
  6. I am unable to connect my EPIC account to the console

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to connect my EPIC account to the console: I am unable to connect my EPIC account to the console because when I installed it I did not enter an EPIC account and it probably opened a new user for me, but I now want to connect the EPIC...
  7. I can’t sign into my new microsoft account on my xbox series s console.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t sign into my new microsoft account on my xbox series s console.: I’ve recently been suspended for a year on my main account. 4 of the 5 suspensions was from someone else on my account and the last one was from me. I have attempted to sign in on a new account...
  8. How do my son and I use the same xbox account on seperate consoles with different profiles

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do my son and I use the same xbox account on seperate consoles with different profiles: My son has had an xob for 10 years and has been using my MS account to login into his xbox. I have recently purchased my own and would like to use my account. I don't want my son to lose all his...
  9. my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...: 9 days ago my friend was playing on the Xbox with me and all of a sudden his account got banned and so did his Xbox, a few days later both him and his sister got new Xbox’s for early Christmas but...
  10. Account and console permanent banned rt possible hack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account and console permanent banned rt possible hack: Please I am in desperate help with this problem. Im a 40 year old, profesdional nurse practitioner and my account is seldom used by me and my 6 yo son. I have reached out to Xbox Using a new...