: Xbox One 5Ghz slow performance

Discus and support : Xbox One 5Ghz slow performance in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox One 5Ghz slow performance Hi team, I'm having some issues connecting Xbox One to an 5Ghz wifi connection. I've added an separate SSID for 5Ghz... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Mr RoterigoT, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Mr RoterigoT
    Mr RoterigoT Guest

Hi team,

I'm having some issues connecting Xbox One to an 5Ghz wifi connection. I've added an separate SSID for 5Ghz connection, without security (filtering by MAC) and if power settings are configured to "Instant power-on", when I power on the Xbox I have very low throughput (around 30Mbps). If I reconfigure the wifi connection, the performance goes up to 130Mbps. It seems that I can ensure better performance when I change the power settings to "Energy-saving mode". By the tests I've did, I can have better performance consistently with this settings, but the console takes much longer to start. It seems that there migh be some kind of bug here. Also notice that, whenever wifi is configured with security (WEP or WPA2) I also have very bad performance.

To avoid questions about range and signal quality, the device is connected to an Ubiquity AP is the same room, that uses a wired connection to the router. I can have 200Mbps of internet performance on my laptop consistently. Not a matter of coverage.

Looking forward to get your input on this.

:)

Mr RoterigoT, Mar 29, 2021
  2. CallumMessi1 Win User

Xbox One 5Ghz slow performance

Hi team,

I'm having some issues connecting Xbox One to an 5Ghz wifi connection. I've added an separate SSID for 5Ghz connection, without security (filtering by MAC) and if power settings are configured to "Instant power-on", when I power on the Xbox I have very low throughput (around 30Mbps). If I reconfigure the wifi connection, the performance goes up to 130Mbps. It seems that I can ensure better performance when I change the power settings to "Energy-saving mode". By the tests I've did, I can have better performance consistently with this settings, but the console takes much longer to start. It seems that there migh be some kind of bug here. Also notice that, whenever wifi is configured with security (WEP or WPA2) I also have very bad performance.

To avoid questions about range and signal quality, the device is connected to an Ubiquity AP is the same room, that uses a wired connection to the router. I can have 200Mbps of internet performance on my laptop consistently. Not a matter of coverage.

3. Default_570 Win User

The Xbox Wi-Fi will work better using the new 802.11ax WiFi access points which support WPA3 etc
  4. HACKER2948 Win User

Hi team,

5. Mr RoterigoT Win User

Hi Zineb,

I already reset my Xbox, NAT is open and not seeing how a MAC address change can solve performance issues. Can you help me understand?

I was really looking to get a different type of support here. This is a known issue reported multiple times on this forum and in other forums as well, affecting user and gaming experience. Xbox should look at this as a product bug and work to definitely solve it. It's highly frustrating. I've also went through the troubleshooting networking link and none of the suggestions helped me. And no, I cannot connect using a cable, because if that was possible I would avoid the pain of searching for a solution for this.

Thanks.
  6. taidara Win User

The Xbox One built in Wi-Fi chipset doesn't support 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6).

WPA3 has nothing to do with 802.11ax standard.
Thema:

1. : Xbox One 5Ghz slow performance - Similar Threads - 5Ghz slow performance

2. How do I switch 5GHz Wifi to 2.4GHz on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch 5GHz Wifi to 2.4GHz on my Xbox?: I got a new modem from my ISP and now I'm getting 25% packet lose because it's using 5g and not 2.4. How do I switch 5GHz Wifi to 2.4GHz on my Xbox? Because my 2.4 light bulbs work just fine with...
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. My Xbox won't connect to my 5ghz hotspot from my phone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't connect to my 5ghz hotspot from my phone.: I have been using my phones hotspot recently because my internet is too slow but my xbox won't connect to the 5 ghz hotspot anymore. It will only connect to the 2.4 ghz hotspot. Every time I try...
  5. Is Xbox One S unable to connect to 5Ghz networks broadcasting on DFS channels (e.g.: 116)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox One S unable to connect to 5Ghz networks broadcasting on DFS channels (e.g.: 116)?: I have an Xbox Series S (hereafter "XS") and an Xbox One S (hereafter "XO"). I swapped my router's 5Ghz channel from 149 to DFS (radar) channel 116. XS detected the network perfectly fine whereas...
  6. Wi-fi slow performance even when using 5Ghz

in XboX Insiders
    Wi-fi slow performance even when using 5Ghz: I have a 1Gigabit internet service at home, whenever I use a wired connection to the xbox series x, I get mostly 800-900 speeds which is fine. However, when using 5GHz Wifi connection, and...
  7. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  8. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  9. Xbox upload speed slow compared to other devices (*both 5Ghz wifi or Wired*)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox upload speed slow compared to other devices (*both 5Ghz wifi or Wired*): Hello!, So I have an Xbox One X and I have been trying to get my upload speeds to be above 9MB/s. If I run a speed test on my PC, I can get an upload of 22MB/s . When I run it on my cellphone...
  10. Slow Download on 5ghz Connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow Download on 5ghz Connection: So I have an AC1200 DB Belkin router. It has a 2.4ghz connection and a 5ghz connection. Of course, my Xbox is connected to the 5ghz for optimal gaming, but when I'm trying to download games, it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbone slow over 5ghz