Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

Discus and support Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can anyone explain the difference between the two. What exactly does the Xbox store at the hard drive? d08379da-414e-42ac-a7cb-bea3bddee4bb Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HaloBoss082015, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

Can anyone explain the difference between the two. What exactly does the Xbox store at the hard drive?

:)

HaloBoss082015, Dec 25, 2015
  2. Xbox one s or Scorpio

Hey, Gizzmo! In the U.S., the launch edition 2TB Xbox One S will be available for $399 USD, the 1TB Xbox One S for $349 USD and 500GB Xbox One S for $299 USD. The 1TB and 500GB versions will be available for purchase after launch.

Misses Quinzel, Dec 25, 2015
  3. nick99rus
    nick99rus Guest
    How to move(transfer) ALL my content from the existing XBOX ONE(500Gb) to a new XBOX ONE(1TB)?

Hello,

The HDD of my existing Xbox One(500Gb) is almost full.:-( Type of Xbox Live Account is Gold.

Is there any possibility to upgrage HDD only from 500Gb to 1Tb? If yes then How? Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB :)

If no then How to move(transfer) ALL my content from the existing XBOX ONE(500Gb) to a new XBOX ONE(1TB)?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Nick

nick99rus, Dec 25, 2015
  4. hiwired
    hiwired Guest

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

Every game that you want to play will need to be installed and games are instilled on the hard drive. You will able to store twice as many games on the 1tb then the 500 gb. You can also store media on the hard drive as well and play them on the Xbox.

hiwired, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Well if the game gets installed on hard drive then what is point of game disc?

6. hiwired
    hiwired Guest
    The disc Acts'. As a key witch allows the game to launch. The games are so big that current disc readers can't keep up with the requirements that's why they get installed on hard drives. Hard drives also allow you download digital games these Are full version
    games that don't require a disc to play just download and launch the game. Plus side to that never get any scratches. Never loose games they Are always on your account and can be downloaded any time.

hiwired, Dec 25, 2015
  7. Thank you. Once you download game you don't need disc any more?

Is this how xBox 360 works as well?

8. hiwired
    hiwired Guest

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

If you got it from Xbox store then you won't need the disc. This applies to Xbox 360 as well if you have any games you bought from the Xbox store you can play without disc and play anywhere

hiwired, Dec 25, 2015
  9. no i am talking about games i purchased at store.

10. hiwired
    hiwired Guest
    This only applies to games bought in Xbox store and they are downloaded. You will need the disc if you buy anywhere else

hiwired, Dec 25, 2015
  11. ok so sorry for the questions but if I have game that I got in the store.....what exactly gets downloaded to the hard drive when I use this game?

12. hiwired
    hiwired Guest
    Everything on the disc besides the key to launch the game

hiwired, Oct 31, 2018
  13. hiwired Win User

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

If you got it from Xbox store then you won't need the disc. This applies to Xbox 360 as well if you have any games you bought from the Xbox store you can play without disc and play anywhere
  14. HaloBoss082015 Win User

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

Well if the game gets installed on hard drive then what is point of game disc?
  15. hiwired Win User

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

Every game that you want to play will need to be installed and games are instilled on the hard drive. You will able to store twice as many games on the 1tb then the 500 gb. You can also store media on the hard drive as well and play them on the Xbox.
  16. hiwired Win User

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

The disc Acts'. As a key witch allows the game to launch. The games are so big that current disc readers can't keep up with the requirements that's why they get installed on hard drives. Hard drives also allow you download digital games these Are full version
    games that don't require a disc to play just download and launch the game. Plus side to that never get any scratches. Never loose games they Are always on your account and can be downloaded any time.
  17. hiwired Win User

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

Everything on the disc besides the key to launch the game
Thema:

Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB

1. Xbox One 500GB vs 1TB - Similar Threads - 500GB 1TB

2. Xbox1 500gb vs 1TB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 500gb vs 1TB: I am going to buy one or the other. How many games can I store on the 500gb compared to 1Tb? 2a81d914-02ef-4e0d-a0ff-e15827349599
  3. Any difference between Xbox One S 500GB/1TB/2TB models except storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any difference between Xbox One S 500GB/1TB/2TB models except storage?: Does anyone know if there is any difference between the 500GB, 1TB and 2TB models of the Xbox One S except for the obvious storage difference? I mean like performance wise or the like? This might...
  4. Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb: Hello, this is my first post and I don't know if I should post this here. Anyway, I'm hoping I get a Xbox One for Christmas but I don't know what size of storage. For Xbox One game wise, I want to...
  5. Difference between 500GB and 1TB consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Difference between 500GB and 1TB consoles: Was wondering aside form the hard drive space and games included, is there any difference between the 500GB and 1TB consoles? Plan on picking up a Xbox One this weekend at Best Buy but still kinda...
  6. How to move(transfer) ALL my content from the existing XBOX ONE(500Gb) to a new XBOX ONE(1TB)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move(transfer) ALL my content from the existing XBOX ONE(500Gb) to a new XBOX ONE(1TB)?: Hello, The HDD of my existing Xbox One(500Gb) is almost full.:-( Type of Xbox Live Account is Gold. Is there any possibility to upgrage HDD only from 500Gb to 1Tb? If yes then How? :-) If no...
  7. Upgraded from a Xbox One 500GB to Xbox One 1TB and was already Enrolled in the New experience ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgraded from a Xbox One 500GB to Xbox One 1TB and was already Enrolled in the New experience ...: I was Enrolled with the New experience with my 500gb console and upgraded to a 1TB console and sent the enroll pending on it for over a month now and still says pending. can anyone help I feel...
  8. Xbox One 500GB-1TB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One 500GB-1TB: II'm planning on buying a xbox one soon. Been searching online for the best prices and found out that pretty much all 500GB models are under $500. Is there any difference between the 500GB and 1TB...
  9. Which to buy, the 500gb or 1TB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which to buy, the 500gb or 1TB?: My 14 year old son can't wait to get his hands on a new Xbox One console. He already has the 360 and loves, LOVES it. We just saw the new deal being offered and just saw that a 1TB is also now...
  10. Elusive 500GB and 1TB hardrive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elusive 500GB and 1TB hardrive: So, I was shopping around after recently more or less filling my 294gb (before OS) hardrive, thinking 500gb would be all right, maybe even a TB if the prices were right. I buy most of my things on...